P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Shipping to/from Canada taking FOREVER

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Trade
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xolaryxis

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:02 pm    Post subject: Shipping to/from Canada taking FOREVER Reply with quote

I've sent out a few packs to various places (Mexico, Norway, Australia, Chile etc) and it's been months and only the guy from Chile got his stuff. Of course I didn't get tracking cause I'm a dipshit (and sending LPs is expensive enough as it is). I've heard of things taking forever from Canada but would like to hear of other people's experiences so I can start to determine whether or not these packages are ever going to reach their intended recipients.

Thanks in advance.
IG88

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

since the last strike, there has been a huge decrease in the rate in which parcels move through canada post. it's now common for me to have to wait 10 business days to get items from one province over. as far as international packages, i recently waited 6 weeks for a tape from russia, the tape was in canada for 5 of those weeks. i am currently waiting on an lp from the UK, which was sent with upgraded 5-day shipping, it left the UK within 1 day - that was 7 business days ago. they also no longer track any parcels that aren't sent within canada, so even if you did buy tracking for your international packages, it wouldn't help. it is, by far, the worst postal system in our civilization.
xolaryxis

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IG88 wrote:
since the last strike, there has been a huge decrease in the rate in which parcels move through canada post. it's now common for me to have to wait 10 business days to get items from one province over. as far as international packages, i recently waited 6 weeks for a tape from russia, the tape was in canada for 5 of those weeks. i am currently waiting on an lp from the UK, which was sent with upgraded 5-day shipping, it left the UK within 1 day - that was 7 business days ago. they also no longer track any parcels that aren't sent within canada, so even if you did buy tracking for your international packages, it wouldn't help. it is, by far, the worst postal system in our civilization.

Damn that sucks. Alright, while this is super fucking shitty, at least I can stress a little less about them being stolen/destroyed/lost
frostjunkie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm only really familiar with buying/selling with Australia and it usually takes a month or two. I've never had anything go missing but one package I sent to New Zealand took 6 months, and that was years ago, fucking ridiculous... No surprise to see things just keep getting shittier and even more expensive almost by the month at this point.
xolaryxis

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frostjunkie wrote:
I'm only really familiar with buying/selling with Australia and it usually takes a month or two. I've never had anything go missing but one package I sent to New Zealand took 6 months, and that was years ago, fucking ridiculous... No surprise to see things just keep getting shittier and even more expensive almost by the month at this point.

Shitty. Good that nothings gone missing though. Yeah I was expecting 2 months but still nothing after 3-4 had got me thinking its gone. The one pack to Mexico has been like 6 so I'm assuming that one might be destroyed/stolen/whatever
Vapula

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canada post has always been slow even without strikes. I remember many times when I use to order from Canada before the postage became a rip off standard parcels to Europe use to take about 2 months. Most expensive postal system in the world and one of the worst.
windofpain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IG88 wrote:
they also no longer track any parcels that aren't sent within canada, so even if you did buy tracking for your international packages, it wouldn't help. it is, by far, the worst postal system in our civilization.

when did international tracking become like that? so paying for registered tracked shippingnis useless once it's left the country - neither sender nor addresse can track it in their country?

last items I sent with tracking to US I was still able to see when they were moving in the states and when they were delivered

"King Dude sounds like white power Cake"
IG88

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looking into it further, tracking still works if you're sending a package. I usually don't sell, so this isn't something I encounter often, but no buyer I've ever dealt with is willing to pay the ludicrous amount adding tracking costs anyway. on the flip side, tracking info for any registered package from an international destination stops once it leaves the country of origin and will not be tracked by canada post - this change was implemented in 2015. even if the package goes missing after its left the country of origin, canada post says you have to contact the original postal service or sender for help, they won't do anything. regardless of all of this, there is no doubt that canada post has gotten much slower within the last year, even my bills are late. I've completely stopped shipping items from the US here, and use a postal pick up center just south of the border, I go down there to get my packages once a month, so the wait is just about the goddamn same thing. sorry for ranting, but the lp from the UK didn't come again today, so I'm extra pissed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Trade All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: