P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Resources thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 47, 48, 49  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wilhelm

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guido wrote:
Wilhelm wrote:
scentofdeath wrote:
Dealing with Broker Vs. actual pressing plant (for vinyl).
Anyone? Pros, cons...

Edit : and don't let anyone touch your jackets aside from www.iloveimprint.com

Concerning ILOVEIMPRIMT, are they shipping to Europe?

Not totally sure if they are. You may be able to find a third party who's willing to ship the boxes via DHL or USPS or something though if they don't.

Go brush your doll's hair.
Guido

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thanks..!
Vega360

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EternalWar wrote:
I was floored when printing 24x36 full color posters that this place was great:

48hourprint

www.48hourprint.com

I took a stab using them, and used their color reference chart. Spot on colors, great cuts, no misalignment and just really crisp. Really cheap too, and have lots of promo codes. I was expecting the worst, and will most certainly be a return customer.

Contacted this place, would not reccommend using them for anything. Service is terrible. Unless your willing to fill out their stupid fucking paperwork they don't care...

I still have yet to find a printer that's willing to do what I want. I will give anyone $25 USD worth of stuff from my distro and pay the postage myself if someone will help me. Here is exactly what I want down the most minute detail. If some can provide me with a place that I can do what I want and that is not a hassle in any way shape or from again I will give what I indicated in bold above.

Here is exactly what I want.

I need a place that will print tape inserts in runs between 100 to 300 and CD inserts in runs of 300.

They must do all of the following.

1. Be willing to be contacted via e-mail and actually discuss terms and everything. I want to be able to contact a live person via e-mail and get an actual human response. Phone contact is not an option. I will not work through a middleman or third party.

2. I don't want to be ask/told/encouraged to do any number that is not the amount I ask for. If I want 100, I want 100 not 250. If they even hint at me doing more then I request I will not work with them.

3. Not have any issues whatsoever with artwork. I want an upfront blanket guarantee that will never be problems with anything I send in.

4. Based in the US.

I have tried the following listed here to no avail.

Iloveimprint - Ignored
1984Printing - Terrible service, delays wouldn't do the amounts I wanted.
Catprint - Submissions rejected
Ecnopress - Submissions rejected
48HourPrinting - Terrible Service

Again $25 dollars of stuff from my distro, and I'll pay the postage to you if you can get me what I want.

www.wintersolaceproductions.com
WinterSolace88@gmail.com
www.vinlandspecialservices.bandcamp.com
www.vinlandss.wordpress.com
www.ilsakoch.wordpress.com
Stormspell

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

48hourprint are awesome, and apart from their fast service and cheap prices, they almost constantly have 15%OFF + FREE shipping ongoing special deal!

You cannot beat that, and I NEVER was asked to fill any paper forms so far, and I have ordered 50+ cd booklets/traycards/flyers/whatnot from them for the past three years.

Vega360, I'm sorry but you sound like some spoiled brat. No commercial printer will give you the time of the day swapping e-mails negotiating a printing of 100 J-cards! In fact no commercial printer would offset less than 500 copies. The best you can get for that quantity is digital printing service.

Be a little bit creative and solve your problem. Here, I'll give you two options right away:

1). 48hourprint have 4"x9" flyer which is exactly the dimensions of 3-panel J-card. You can order 100-250 copies, which come digitally printed (aka on laser printer) or 500 copies which come offset printed. The difference between ordering 100 and 500 copies is like $60 so there are no real savings in giving up the offset print for lesser quantity.

2). Assemble as many J-cards you can fit on 11x17, go to your local Kinkos, print as many sheets as you need, then get an exacto knife and cut them off yourself.
Wilhelm

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stormspell wrote:
2). Assemble as many J-cards you can fit on 11x17, go to your local Kinkos, print as many sheets as you need, then get an exacto knife and cut them off yourself.

THIS.

But don't use an exacto knife, use one of these :

NWN PROD

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
1). 48hourprint have 4"x9" flyer which is exactly the dimensions of 3-panel J-card. You can order 100-250 copies, which come digitally printed (aka on laser printer) or 500 copies which come offset printed. The difference between ordering 100 and 500 copies is like $60 so there are no real savings in giving up the offset print for lesser quantity.

This is the best thing I've read on this board. Thanks

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

Vega360

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stormspell wrote:
48hourprint are awesome, and apart from their fast service and cheap prices, they almost constantly have 15%OFF + FREE shipping ongoing special deal!

You cannot beat that, and I NEVER was asked to fill any paper forms so far, and I have ordered 50+ cd booklets/traycards/flyers/whatnot from them for the past three years.

Vega360, I'm sorry but you sound like some spoiled brat. No commercial printer will give you the time of the day swapping e-mails negotiating a printing of 100 J-cards! In fact no commercial printer would offset less than 500 copies. The best you can get for that quantity is digital printing service.

Be a little bit creative and solve your problem. Here, I'll give you two options right away:

Okay A, calling me a spoiled brat as you put it without knowing a damn thing about me was simply unnecessary.

B. Their service in my mind was terrible. I e-mailed them and got a typed response from a person saying You have to input all the data into our online form. Despite me in the e-mail explaining to them there is no "other" option, and I needed some guidance on what I was doing (printing CD booklets, which I've never done before) they still sent me a typed response from an actual person saying I had to go through there online process. I called them on the phone, and got the same response. They have the time to tell you to fill out the form, but not the time to work with you.

C. Any company that simply ignores there customs because they "don't want to spend enough money" is unethical, awful and not worth respecting. Sorry but, ignoring the people who want to deal with you for any reason is fucking dumb.
www.vinlandspecialservices.bandcamp.com
www.vinlandss.wordpress.com
www.ilsakoch.wordpress.com
Wilhelm

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your submission keeps getting rejected then you might want to do as suggested and hightail it down to the nearest Kinkos, Office Max or Staples and do the inserts yourself. It would entail some DIY work (cutting out the inserts), but unless you can find a no BS print shop to do it for you then that might be your only option.

Option 2 would be to hit a few NS forums or whatever and see where people get their literature printed at. I'm sure there's a censorship free print shop around somewhere if aesthetic content is part of the concern.

The Exorcist

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheap and quality custom glow-in-the-dark stickers, preferably in Germany/Europe?
Friend of Dick Laurent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

need help to find some printers in europe, preferrably in Germany for high quality LP jackets printing, using different kind of thick structured cartons. Thanks in advance.
Ancient_Tyranny

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friend of Dick Laurent wrote:
need help to find some printers in europe, preferrably in Germany for high quality LP jackets printing, using different kind of thick structured cartons. Thanks in advance.

maybe try this company: http://www.druck-werkstatt.de/ (they do the stuff
for Van Records)
Friend of Dick Laurent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ancient_Tyranny wrote:
Friend of Dick Laurent wrote:

maybe try this company: http://www.druck-werkstatt.de/ (they do the stuff
for Van Records)

thanks for the information, gonna check this out!
Buried In Ohio

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disregard this post. I've figured it out.
HÝrus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking for 4" plastic sleeve (similar to regular CD plastic sleeve), does it exist ? If not, where could I find plastic sleeve for 3" CDs ?
2014 list (Seth, SFE, Satanic Warmaster, Blut Aus Nord, Sunn O))), Shining, Celestia, Mz.412, Hellfest, ...) : http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=814863#814863
Wilhelm

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buried In Ohio wrote:
disregard this post. I've figured it out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 39 of 49

Jump to: