P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Gear thread?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blewcheer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't know the Fullbore was that commonly used. Not that I thought it was obscure, but it seems a lot of us have used it.
Attic Snake

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blewcheer wrote:
I didn't know the Fullbore was that commonly used. Not that I thought it was obscure, but it seems a lot of us have used it.

Usually you hear about people using the Ibanez TS9 or TS808. But I guess on a forum built around Black Death people want a bit more than some grit or boost. I might even put it back in the chain because I haven't used it since I switched amps. Kinda liking what I'm getting with the Metal Muff though.

"Boss Metalzone sucks dicks. It makes femmy noises and it sounds like a weak nerd with glasses limping to the pharmacy to buy allergy pills."
Saltrubbed Eyes

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my old bass, it's an Ibanez ICB300, I'm using a friends jazz bass now.

Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Iceman looks badass!
Gemini NCE

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome that you sold the 900 and got to that late 70's Super Reverb amp! Cleeeaaan..
I am using a late 70's Sunn concert lead into two Marshall 900 cabs. Non master volume 76 Marshall superlead into a 1969 ampeg 2x15. 1972 lp deluxe, and a pedal board loaded with current and vintage effects.

sorry.. Images won't upload cause i'm dumb
holy ghost

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gemini NCE wrote:
Awesome that you sold the 900 and got to that late 70's Super Reverb amp! Cleeeaaan..
I am using a late 70's Sunn concert lead into two Marshall 900 cabs. Non master volume 76 Marshall superlead into a 1969 ampeg 2x15. 1972 lp deluxe, and a pedal board loaded with current and vintage effects.

sorry.. Images won't upload cause i'm dumb

Haha that sounds killer. Please try to upload some pics Razz

And the Super Reverb is hella tight. When I bought the marshall I didn't really know what I wanted, now I just want clean with the ability to add enough fuzz to blow up the world.
blewcheer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attic Snake wrote:
blewcheer wrote:

Usually you hear about people using the Ibanez TS9 or TS808. But I guess on a forum built around Black Death people want a bit more than some grit or boost. I might even put it back in the chain because I haven't used it since I switched amps. Kinda liking what I'm getting with the Metal Muff though.

If I was still using my Laney, which is tube, I wouldn't be using the Fullbore. I'd probably use a Rat. But with the Acoustic 470, which is solid state, I dig the sound. When I get my Laney fixed I will probably set up a new pedal board to use for it and get a second cab and get really nutty with my sound.
Gemini NCE

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clean, volume means headroom for volume and fuzz buildup eternal! I certainly will post pics shortly, almost back from, tour
SonOfPerdition

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have any experience with the Ibanez RGD-series (RGD 320... & RGD 420...)? I'm looking for a good guitar with tremolo, that lends itself to lower tunings like A, A# or B, for a fair price. This RGD-series looked quite decent and are quite cheap too, but it seems they got discontinued for some reason (?). Oh and I'm not looking for a 7-string.

Or if anyone could recomend me a similair fair priced guitar (preferably with tremolo), all tips are welcome...

I'm no tone-snob nor am I a virtuoso of any kind, so I don't think I need anything really expensive, but honestly I have no clue what I should be looking for. I always liked the Ibanez RG-series, and I've been playing them for years now.
Devoured Death

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure about the added D.

I had an RG320 which I kept for a long time, nice guitar, very comfortable to play, but I found that the trem on that really sucked (never stayed in tune, broke a lot of strings) and the pickups were quite lacking in output.
Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Werewolf wrote:
Great thread!
My equipment is pretty shitty, but meanwhile it works for the stuff I play:

SX wannabe-Fender-Jazz bass
Fender Rumble-60 amp
BOSS ODB-3 pedal
Tascam Portastudio 414 4-track
Some cheap karaoke mic

Slightly upgraded now Cool

Gibson Thunderbird bass
Hartke LH500 head (I was damn skeptic about Hartke, but this head is totally awesome!)
Ampeg 1 X 15" cabine
Korg Pitch Black tuner
Ibanez Tubescreamer (used for faster stuff)
Mad Professor / Blueberry (used for slower/heavier/more bassy stuff)
+ a delay pedal that is not on the picture
dronevil

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SonOfPerdition wrote:
Does anyone have any experience with the Ibanez RGD-series (RGD 320... & RGD 420...)? I'm looking for a good guitar with tremolo, that lends itself to lower tunings like A, A# or B, for a fair price. This RGD-series looked quite decent and are quite cheap too, but it seems they got discontinued for some reason (?). Oh and I'm not looking for a 7-string.

Or if anyone could recomend me a similair fair priced guitar (preferably with tremolo), all tips are welcome...

I'm no tone-snob nor am I a virtuoso of any kind, so I don't think I need anything really expensive, but honestly I have no clue what I should be looking for. I always liked the Ibanez RG-series, and I've been playing them for years now.

The RGD series are not discontinued, but they discontinued the cheaper ones. You can only get higher end Japanese ones now.

So basically you want a cheap-ish baritone scale 6 string? You could look into PRS Mushok or Schecter C-1 EX. Neither has tremolo though. If you really need one with a trem pretty sure you can find an used Ibanez RGD easily.
alexyorkalive

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wirelessbanality wrote:
Love the Iron Cobras, they hit hard and are just smooth enough. I'm not a fan of the Axis pedals, one needs to completely alter their foot playing style I think. I'm a stomper and they don't work well with that approach.

I've used both the Cobras and the Axis AL2 Longboards. Currently on the longboards. Love them and will never go back. They definitely can be adjusted to play more heavily if you're more of a stomper type, but yeh I agree they're basically designed to help people play as fast as possible with minimal effort. Great for lazy fucks like me! The cobras are probably better suited to slower, heavier stuff for that reason. I play a lot of faster stuff so for me the AL2s are ideal.

I should post a photo of my setup at some point.
blewcheer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attic Snake wrote:
blewcheer wrote:

I dropped the Fullbore. Went back to the Big Muff/BBE Freq Boost combination.
dronevil

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blewcheer wrote:
I dropped the Fullbore. Went back to the Big Muff/BBE Freq Boost combination.

Good move. I mean yeah it sounds better than a metal zone but that's about it...

I'm pretty interested in the new Deluxe Big Muff, seems like it carries a few mods that are popular among boutique pedal makers. A sweepable mids control should come in pretty handy:
http://www.ehx.com/products/deluxe-big-muff-pi
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 14 of 19

Jump to: