P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Favourite "Obsessed By Cruelty" version?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Favourite "Obsessed By Cruelty" version?
1st/American
22%
 22%  [ 8 ]
2nd/European
77%
 77%  [ 28 ]
Total Votes : 36

Acid Orgy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:32 am    Post subject: Favourite "Obsessed By Cruelty" version? Reply with quote

I remember I disliked the 1st version when I got the CD together with the EP many years ago, but I don't listen to that version since ages. The upcoming 2LP repress will be a good opportunity to revisit it and see if I'll change my mind about it. Until then, my vote goes for the euro version.
Nocturnal Deathstrike

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it depends on what you heard first... I basically grew up with listening to the european version before i even heard there is another years and years later....
sadistik fornicator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest I wish I could get a mixture of the two!!!

I personally prefer the guitar tone on the European version; but the drum sound on the US version (even though I think the drums are a bit too loud on that mix) is definitely far superior than on the European one...

Whichever version you prefer, this is without a shadow of a doubt one of the most influential albums ever recorded in the history of Death, Black, Thrash or Speed Metal; and as such it is a milestone that every single self respected underground Metal maniac should have in their collection!!! Twisted Evil

https://necromaniac.bandcamp.com/

https://www.facebook.com/necromaniacUK/
Under Command

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn we reached the limits of the poll wankery. And I did my fair share of polls in my time my friend.
ChrisWitchhammer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer the European version, but either way: phenomenal album.

https://www.facebook.com/HexenHammerArt
Carlzilla

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been listening to the US version for like 20 years, so that one.

And now we have fags complaining about other fags. A "fagoboros" if you will.
Holocaust

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive always listened to that 88 SPV cd version with "In The Sign" on it, apparently this is the american version? Never listened to the euro version probably...
Demoniac

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holocaust wrote:
Ive always listened to that 88 SPV cd version with "In The Sign" on it, apparently this is the american version?

Yes, that is the American version, which ironically is the version a lot of europeans are most familiar with as well, because said CD pressing was widely distributed.
RobEvil
banned

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metal war, Sodom
Wildfire, Sodom
Blood lust, Sodom
Witching metal

My favorite song off it.
Too Dark Park

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well looks like the company that is going to repress this could have saved themselves some money and only pressed euro version.
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't the European pressing the first press/first version?

I prefer the American version.

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

deathster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

American version is the first version. I have read it was something like that record company had sent already 1st version to USA and then sound engineer (or someone) accidentally erased recording in the studio and therefore the band re-recorded it again.
Acid Orgy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deathster wrote:
American version is the first version. I have read it was something like that record company had sent already 1st version to USA and then sound engineer (or someone) accidentally erased recording in the studio and therefore the band re-recorded it again.

Ok Metal Archives is not 100% reliable, but:

Quote:
Obsessed by Cruelty was actually recorded twice, and both versions of the album were released in different territories due to an error by the record company. The first session was recorded in Berlin, supposedly by Horst Müller, with Destructor as the guitarist. The record company deemed the recording quality to be too poor for the album to be released, so all the tracks, as well as a new one called "After the Deluge", were recorded again at Studio Hilpoltstein (near Nuremberg) by Bobby Bachinger, with a new guitarist called Ahäthoor (aka Assator).

The original, rejected, recording from Berlin was accidentally used on the original US edition, released by Metal Blade, and most editions of the album on all formats. Only the European Steamhammer edition of the LP seems to contain the second recording from Studio Hilpoltstein with the additional "After the Deluge" track.

Note: The 1988 (CD) re-release combines the “In The Sign Of Evil” EP and the US version, not the European version of “Obsessed By Cruelty”, i.e. the track listing is wrong, as this CD does not include “After The Deluge” and there is no “After The Deluge / Obsessed By Cruelty” medley either!
mithrandir

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I grew up with the US version, so that one
peterott

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acid Orgy wrote:
Ok Metal Archives is not 100% reliable, but:

Quote:
Obsessed by Cruelty was actually recorded twice, and both versions of the album were released in different territories due to an error by the record company. The first session was recorded in Berlin, supposedly by Horst Müller, with Destructor as the guitarist. The record company deemed the recording quality to be too poor for the album to be released, so all the tracks, as well as a new one called "After the Deluge", were recorded again at Studio Hilpoltstein (near Nuremberg) by Bobby Bachinger, with a new guitarist called Ahäthoor (aka Assator).

The original, rejected, recording from Berlin was accidentally used on the original US edition, released by Metal Blade, and most editions of the album on all formats. Only the European Steamhammer edition of the LP seems to contain the second recording from Studio Hilpoltstein with the additional "After the Deluge" track.

Note: The 1988 (CD) re-release combines the “In The Sign Of Evil” EP and the US version, not the European version of “Obsessed By Cruelty”, i.e. the track listing is wrong, as this CD does not include “After The Deluge” and there is no “After The Deluge / Obsessed By Cruelty” medley either!

This is the story that was printed in an interview with Tom in an old Rock Hard mag (German mag).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: