P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Rotting Christ arrested in Georgia...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gangrena

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:02 am    Post subject: Rotting Christ arrested in Georgia... Reply with quote

From Season of Mist FB page:

Rotting Christ have been arrested in the country of Georgia on spurious grounds involving charges of terrorism allegedly based on the band's name!

Frontman Sakis Tolis relates the events in his own words: "We arrived in Georgia's capital Tbilisi very early in the morning of Thursday, 12th of April. After the regular document check at the border, my brother and I were stopped by the police on our way out from the airport. After some minutes, we were ordered to follow police to another area of the airport under the pretence of further questioning before entering the country. Instead, we had our passports and mobile phones taken away and were lead into a prison cell. When we were demanding to be told the reason for this arrest, we were simply told this information would be 'confidential'. Our lawyers informed us later that we are on a list of unwanted persons of national security that branded us as Satanists and therefore suspects of terrorism.

Without previous warning and no official reason, we found ourselves in jail, locked into a small and rather dirty cell and without being permitted any contact to the outside world or legal representation or our embassy for 12 hours. Conditions were bad and no further information provided during this time.

Luckily, only the names 'Tolis' were on the list and the other two band members started to work with the local promoter to extract us from prison and commence legal procedures. It took strong efforts and a complicated procedure to find a solution. Due to the hard work of the local promoter, who involved legal experts, journalists, and activists in Georgia, we were finally released. We are extremely grateful to everybody involved in this process. In the end, we were even able to perform our show and it turned out to be a fantastic night. We would also like to thank all our Georgian metal brothers for their overwhelming support!"

ROTTING CHRIST were allowed to leave the country towards Armenia without any further complications.

WTF is wrong with this world??!
Steken

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice country, Georgia.

Fuck Armenia, though.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, not what I expected from the title of the thread, I confused the country Georgia with the US State, and thought that they were arrested in the US, therefore, some serious shit happened, but they were arrested in The Trve Georgia afterall, definitely something new regarding Metal-related controversies that keep occurring lately.

About what happened to them in the country, if a band like RC are branded as "Satanists" and get in such a situation, then I am sure other bands can get in even worse conditions.

gangrena wrote:
Our lawyers informed us later that we are on a list of unwanted persons of national security that branded us as Satanists and therefore suspects of terrorism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqFzaMv7BvY

TheUnnatural wrote:
With the exception of post-punk, anything with the prefix "post" is gay.
Docuch

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RC played in Tbilisi after all
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQskclJnlCA
lemegethon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Satanic terrorists? Rolling Eyes
Vamachara

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only good thing that I've found about Georgia was this Adjaruli cheese-bread recipe:
https://www.saveur.com/adjaruli-khachapuri-georgian-cheese-bread-recipe

Laughing
throneofmight

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lemegethon wrote:
Satanic terrorists? Rolling Eyes

...and it has its own hymn Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qc-hMqI5Ky8
214N10

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vamachara wrote:
The only good thing that I've found about Georgia was this Adjaruli cheese-bread recipe:
https://www.saveur.com/adjaruli-khachapuri-georgian-cheese-bread-recipe

Laughing

ive made hundreds of those. the article says is traditional from georgia which is false.
that is a turkish 'pide' bread very popular in eastern eu restaurants and can be filled with anything you want
http://www.recipe4living.com/recipes/turkish_egg_pide.htm
frysh

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

last thing to expect on nwn forum's a pide/hacapuri discussion Very Happy
Zombie Dance

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crazy story about RC but Georgia is indeed highly religious, to a point rarely seen in surrounding christian countries. They respect the sacred from the youngest age and it's not rare to see teenagers making the sign of the cross in the streets or bus. I understood there was quite a strong taboo about it all and atheism isn't very often discussed...

Everything else there is ten thousand times better than anywhere else in Europe, no criminality whatsoever, nature and sceneries/landscape (amazing orthdox churches in the mountains...), wine, beer, food and their fucking cheese tastes like heaven.
Zombi Danz Zine #1 (Archgoat, Blasphemy, Bulldozer, Cultes Des Ghoules, Denial Of God, Holocausto, Poison, Possession, Sadistik Exekution, Ungod, Vermeth, Witchfynde, Xibalba) on sale, last copies.
zombidanzine@gmail.com
morfumax

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zombie Dance wrote:
Crazy story about RC but Georgia is indeed highly religious, to a point rarely seen in surrounding christian countries. They respect the sacred from the youngest age and it's not rare to see teenagers making the sign of the cross in the streets or bus. I understood there was quite a strong taboo about it all and atheism isn't very often discussed...

Everything else there is ten thousand times better than anywhere else in Europe, no criminality whatsoever, nature and sceneries/landscape (amazing orthdox churches in the mountains...), wine, beer, food and their fucking cheese tastes like heaven.

As someone who used to live there, the “no criminality” part really makes me lol.

13 wrote:
what
Zombie Dance

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

morfumax wrote:
Zombie Dance wrote:

As someone who used to live there, the “no criminality” part really makes me lol.

I haven't lived there though i spent one month over there and 7 days in the capital. I lived in Brussels for 6 years and Tbilissi was safe as fuck compared to that. Never had a single problem neither with the locals or the authority, but yeah I never lived there, though it definitely is safer than anywhere else I wondered around at night.
Zombi Danz Zine #1 (Archgoat, Blasphemy, Bulldozer, Cultes Des Ghoules, Denial Of God, Holocausto, Poison, Possession, Sadistik Exekution, Ungod, Vermeth, Witchfynde, Xibalba) on sale, last copies.
zombidanzine@gmail.com
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Rotting Christ arrested in Georgia... Reply with quote

gangrena wrote:

WTF is wrong with this world??!

Where exactly would you like that list to start and then end?

Hmm... if societal behaviour and changes were say, comparative to a pendulum, I think it might be safe to say as the pendulum swings one might expect, or should expect the opposite (reaction) of progress? ...as those whom feel their religion under threat or sense its death in the world are really going to fight long and hard near the end of it. ...and maybe those days are here as the Christian faith dies its not like they are going to lay over and let it go naturally and peacefully.

My two cents. I suspect a lot more of this type of situation and issue is going to happen.
snakenuts

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frysh wrote:
last thing to expect on nwn forum's a pide/hacapuri discussion Very Happy

Isn't there a menu or recipe thread somewhere?
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Government and Christianity (the Church) are not far enough removed from each other to prevent this from happening near anywhere (even though in most places they are supposed to be, separated)... just takes a few assertive people with the 'faith' in the right jobs and for them to appeal to those citizens sharing the same beliefs... and snowball into total and absurd shit like arresting a simple metal band any retard could do a simple google search on and have their concerns mostly alleviated within an hour. ...but introduce the sickness called religion and throw all logic out the door.

These people will defy and block science and finding answers to the universe every step of the way as long as they can force some nonsensical children's story of creation on the masses.
Yea ...an entire world from one man and one woman. Genetically how does that work again?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: