P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

How do you keep your record collection
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 79, 80, 81 ... 89, 90, 91  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
passetiermes

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@kallax-discussion:
I never had an Expedit either, but I concur with the people a couple post above; Kallax is perfectly fine for the job. I really doubt the shelves would give in, or cause any other problems.
Grief

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've recently ditched 2 big expedits that stood for years in the centre of the room . So far I have only replaced some of the storage with 2 of the 4 x 2 Kallax units in vertical orientation. The isn't really the 'right' way to stand these things and I might well fix them to the wall in due course as they are quite wobbly.
passetiermes

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have it against the wall, not secured though. I'm sure it would not be standing tall after an earthquake, but other than that I'll have faith.
Attic Snake

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

passetiermes wrote:
I have it against the wall, not secured though. I'm sure it would not be standing tall after an earthquake, but other than that I'll have faith.

Just had a 6.0 hit a few days ago and my Expedit did fine and it's not attached to the wall.
┌┬┐┌┬┐┌┬┐┌┬┐┌┬┐┌┬┐┌┬┐┌┬┐┌┬┐┌┬┐┌┬┐┌┬┐┌┬┐┌┬┐┌┬┐┌┬┐┌┬┐┌┬┐
├┼┤├┼┤├┼┤├┼┤├┼┤├┼┤├┼┤├┼┤├┼┤├┼┤├┼┤├┼┤├┼┤├┼┤├┼┤├┼┤├┼┤├┼┤
└┴┘└┴┘└┴┘└┴┘└┴┘└┴┘└┴┘└┴┘└┴┘└┴┘└┴┘└┴┘└┴┘└┴┘└┴┘└┴┘└┴┘└┴┘

What's the best way to keep 7"s with an Expedit?

"Boss Metalzone sucks dicks. It makes femmy noises and it sounds like a weak nerd with glasses limping to the pharmacy to buy allergy pills."
Saevus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw that they had a knockoff model at Walmart now and grabbed one. Maybe I'll still take you up on your offer someday captainretardo, but the kids are back and wreaking havoc, and this was a really nice quick fix to get them out of communal living areas.

I noticed that this model's cubes are actually a fraction of an inch smaller than the Ikea ones, which is fine for even the casewrapped and hardcover book LPs but is barely too tight of a fit for the heavier box sets such as the Nunslaughter and Funeral Mist ones for me to want to move them in and out of one. I will probably need more shelving before too long anyways...
Jorm

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my small but constantly growing collection. I bought the kallax last week and the amp 3 days ago.

captainretardo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good, Saevus!
crystalspeed

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eivittu wrote:
Picked up one additional Expedit today:

I loved the Street Trash poster!!
bearsbearsbears

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this a bad idea having these stackable Container Store crates packed this full? Does anyone else have experience with them? This is a temporary setup until I can either move (lease up in February) or I buy a Kallax, which ever comes first...

edit: Here's a better picture of the crates in question:

Check out my sale-thread HERE!
Attic Snake

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsbearsbears wrote:
Is this a bad idea having these stackable Container Store crates packed this full? Does anyone else have experience with them? This is a temporary setup until I can either move (lease up in February) or I buy a Kallax, which ever comes first...

edit: Here's a better picture of the crates in question:

Looks like you've got the protective bags on most of the records but when I used to keep my records in crates they got torn the fuck up.

"Boss Metalzone sucks dicks. It makes femmy noises and it sounds like a weak nerd with glasses limping to the pharmacy to buy allergy pills."
Saevus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks okay to me, especially with how you have them. You're certainly going to want something better in the long run but I don't think your records are going to be warped or otherwise fucked up in the near future.
bearsbearsbears

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the input guys.

@Atticsnake, yeah that is indeed a concern as these crates in particular have a extremely stupid cutout design (especially considering these crates are made specifically for vinyl) which manages to snag the corners of the vinyl pretty easy. I think for the short term if I'm careful when I'm pulling them in and out it should be okay.

It's kind of nice so far considering how much more you can fit in when they're sideways versus using them as flipbins. That giant cardboard box in the top right of the first pic was once filled with LPs, now its pretty much empty. It just sucks that right now I have no clue where anything is because I just crammed them in without bothering to put them into any order. I'll save all that for when the Kallax is here I guess...

Attic Snake

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsbearsbears wrote:

I have no clue where anything is because I just crammed them in without bothering to put them into any order. I'll save all that for when the Kallax is here I guess...

Order? I tried that at first but now I just remember the shelf everything is on. No eggs in one basket type of thing. I have a section of Death Metal and then Black Metal and then everything I've bought since then. As a kid I used to have everything in alphabetical order by genre but I'm never going back to that. Good luck.

captainretardo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Genre-->alphabetical is a good weekend project. If nothing else, it makes you handle some records while rearranging that you probably haven't played in a long time (making you notice/want to play them again), plus it makes it easier to find shit/browse by mood later on. You gotta use loosely-defined genres though; otherwise you'll go crazy trying to categorize some bands.
bearsbearsbears

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attic Snake wrote:
bearsbearsbears wrote:

I have no clue where anything is because I just crammed them in without bothering to put them into any order. I'll save all that for when the Kallax is here I guess...
I just remember the shelf everything is on.

I had this kind of thing going for me before with the flipbins as far as which particular crate stuff was in. But as retardo said: I'll be shooting for Genre -> Alphabetical later, nothing too complicated..

As for the genre classifying I figure I'd just do Extreme metal ie. Death/Black/Doom (probably like 85% of my collection), Heavy Metal/Speed/Trad Doom/Thrash etc., and then everything else. With as broad strokes as that I feel like it won't be too hard to find the correct place for everything. My inner autist is definitely looking forward to the finished product. Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 79, 80, 81 ... 89, 90, 91  Next
Page 80 of 91

Jump to: