P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

How do you keep your record collection
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 79, 80, 81  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Conservationist
banned

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am really glad to see the computer (I think) is not a Macintosh.
holy ghost

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orpheus wrote:
holy ghost wrote:
I'm not doing the counters until Ikea has a kitchen sale says my wife Razz

Ikea kitchens are totally wack, man. I can hook you up with a cabinet maker who will fab a true custom setup without any particle-board bullshit for not much more than Ikea's junk.

Hmmm, thanks for the suggestion, I might hit you up on that but this kitchen is DIY to the max as our budget is pretty tight for renovations. I think Ikea during their kitchen sale might be our only option.

I had to use some of my vacation just to gut and replace the walls and floors next week....
pexo007

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 11:41 am    Post subject: over sized boxes Reply with quote

I have a problem with my 20th aniversary boxset of Desaster... itīs a huge box, but itīs not complety filled with items inside, only four picdics with a generic sleeve, and a 12" x 12" booklet.most of 3/4 of the box are empty.

I have this baby in the same position as all my records, vertically, but with the lp inside.

But itīs very dificult that the albums stands vertically, they gone at 20 degrees, inside the box. Plus, where I live can reach temperatures at 42C (107 Farenheit), and if the disc are only in a horrible generic sleeve...

they getting little warped, not too much, and they play fine, but the exactly amount of f***** warpness to get me mad.
Saevus

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: over sized boxes Reply with quote

pexo007 wrote:
I have a problem with my 20th aniversary boxset of Desaster... itīs a huge box, but itīs not complety filled with items inside, only four picdics with a generic sleeve, and a 12" x 12" booklet.most of 3/4 of the box are empty.

I have this baby in the same position as all my records, vertically, but with the lp inside.

But itīs very dificult that the albums stands vertically, they gone at 20 degrees, inside the box. Plus, where I live can reach temperatures at 42C (107 Farenheit), and if the disc are only in a horrible generic sleeve...

they getting little warped, not too much, and they play fine, but the exactly amount of f***** warpness to get me mad.

I would suggest either keeping the records outside of the box (which sucks I know, as I think most would like to use a box for what it was intended for) or to put other Desaster records in there or some other kind of spacer to keep everything in it's place. I'm personally considering putting all of my Revenge records in the Conqueror box for the same reason once I can set up my record collection again.

And damn, find some way to cool the area down when it's getting over a certain temperature, even if it's only an electric fan or something.
pexo007

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: over sized boxes Reply with quote

Saevus wrote:
pexo007 wrote:

I would suggest either keeping the records outside of the box (which sucks I know, as I think most would like to use a box for what it was intended for) or to put other Desaster records in there or some other kind of spacer to keep everything in it's place. I'm personally considering putting all of my Revenge records in the Conqueror box for the same reason once I can set up my record collection again.

And damn, find some way to cool the area down when it's getting over a certain temperature, even if it's only an electric fan or something.

Yes, better, I would get off all albums and put in individuals cartboard sleves, and use the box only for exibition.

Have all my records in a climatized room (mine), but this happened when I was on vacation.... in only 2 weeks!!!
Grief

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: over sized boxes Reply with quote

Saevus wrote:
pexo007 wrote:

I did that with conqueror tin box, die hard DLP, DLP pic disc, dtm 1st press black, pic disc and 2nd press red plus the merciless version.

I have the wooden box version too and that on just needs some legs screwing on and it would make a nice occasional table
heavyR

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: over sized boxes Reply with quote

Grief wrote:
I did that with conqueror tin box, die hard DLP, DLP pic disc, dtm 1st press black, pic disc and 2nd press red plus the merciless version.

I have the wooden box version too and that on just needs some legs screwing on and it would make a nice occasional table

You don't keep Hellstorm of Evil Vengeance in there? The NWN version would go nicely in there.

Buy this crap.
Grief

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: over sized boxes Reply with quote

heavyR wrote:
Grief wrote:

You don't keep Hellstorm of Evil Vengeance in there? The NWN version would go nicely in there.

Probably in there too white vinyl and pic disc. Wondered where those buggers were...
Conservationist
banned

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: over sized boxes Reply with quote

pexo007 wrote:
Plus, where I live can reach temperatures at 42C (107 Farenheit), and if the disc are only in a horrible generic sleeve...

Cut a couple chunks of insulating foam to the right depth, glue to cardboard, use as an internal spacer.
Heabymetawhunta

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy ghost wrote:
Hmmmm, thanks the advice. I unfortunately never really get to crank it as my neighbors bedroom is quite close so I dunno how worried about this I am. But it's a good thought for future remodeling!

To avoid the vibrations interfering with the record player, you can also place a mat underneath to stop the vibrations from reaching the record player and not having to place it somewhere else. I couldn't find any readily available for purchase, but I found this image of a bathmat on some DIY site. Gives your an extra excuse to drink wine

"Fuck that man, Fuck social conformity, Stop working, Just ask money from your parents to buy records, listen to records all day man and when your parents die and when you have no money left, just kill yourself. "
holy ghost

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My parents bought me a welcome mat when we bought the house. It's got bees on it and it says "BUZZ OFF"

I should use that..... Wink
bearsbearsbears

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone suggest a good method of storing cassette tapes? I've just recently ran out of space on my bookshelf and they're starting to pile up in random places around the house; which has my girlfriend less than thrilled. Laughing I'm not sure if I want to go so far as mounting stuff on the wall because we plan on moving out of the place we're currently in within a year, but I'll take any suggestions I can get!

Last edited by bearsbearsbears on Mon May 12, 2014 6:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Conservationist
banned

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsbearsbears wrote:
Can anyone suggest a good method of storing cassette tapes?

Ten thousand spice racks.
mlotek

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsbearsbears wrote:
Can anyone suggest a good method of storing cassette tapes? I've just recently ran out of space on my bookshelf and they're starting to pile up in random places around the house; which has my girlfriend less than thrilled. Laughing I'm not sure if I want to go so far as mounting stuff on the wall because we plan on moving out of the place we're currently in within a year, but I'll take any suggestions I can get!

if you don't want to spend money, and use something that you already get -
empty shoe boxes have been the norm forever.

also

after you empty the cardboard trays that hold 24 cans (soda, beer),
you can usually fit 3 columns of 15 (45 tapes), and 4 to 6 more in the empty space besides the 45.
Easy enough to stack, and the trays stay sturdy for many years.
If not, then just reinforce with tape.

BBQ Booking

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone used Ikea's Kallax unit yet?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 79, 80, 81  Next
Page 74 of 81

Jump to: