P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

How do you keep your record collection
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 84, 85, 86  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vapula

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I was thinking about making them but it would take to long.

Protected are charging 17.85 for postage for those Rolling Eyes now I remember why I stopped ordering from them.

Does anybody know of anywhere else selling them?
scandinavian-assault

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one 5x5 expedit shelf, and it has endured many moves to new apartments, house etc. for more than 17 years now, and it holds together just fine. I also filled one 2x4 expedit shelf with all additional vinyls.

For CD's I use IKEA's Billy shelves, quite good I think.

I have a few hundred vinyl 7":s, and I have problems in storing them properly. Any ideas?
Tireheb

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scandinavian-assault wrote:

How many CD's fit into this one?
I have this record and can someone tell me what it sounds like, please.

"You can't hide the hook!"
scandinavian-assault

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tireheb wrote:

Whithout checking I'd say between 600 and 675, with as many extra shelves as possible.

It measures 80 x 220 cm.
ins88

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a few hundred vinyl 7":s, and I have problems in storing them properly. Any ideas?

Just bought a Billy (IKEA), 80x28x202.
If you add two more shelves (= total of eight), you can store 1000+ 7"
Humus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tireheb wrote:

Whithout checking I'd say between 600 and 675, with as many extra shelves as possible.

It measures 80 x 220 cm.

The problem is the Billy shelves are too deep for CD's (28 cm).
They used to sell 200x60x20 Besta and those were PERFECT for CD's. But I went to Ikea to buy another one two weeks ago (first one full) and they don't produce them anymore.
That's what bothers me about Ikea, I like uniformity in my interior and they are always changing their products. So now I bought a Billy shelf just to have something, but I'm looking to score a second hand Besta exactly like the one I already have.
Vapula

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anybody know how many LPs the 4x4 Expedits can hold? I have a few of them mounted on the walls and have 34LPs in each section so 136 in total per expedit is that too much? It's mostly single LPs and about 15 DLPs.

One like this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ikea-Expedit-Shelving-Unit-Colors-Black-Brown-or-Birch-Effect-/251502955483
TheHammy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vapula wrote:
Does anybody know how many LPs the 4x4 Expedits can hold? I have a few of them mounted on the walls and have 34LPs in each section so 136 in total per expedit is that too much? It's mostly single LPs and about 15 DLPs.

One like this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ikea-Expedit-Shelving-Unit-Colors-Black-Brown-or-Birch-Effect-/251502955483

Thats on your WALL? man......i think those are heavy by themselves, cant image holding lps on the wall. Just stack those on the floor, dude. save yourself a headache.
Vapula

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't I don't have any room on the floor.
vociferous

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humus wrote:
peterott wrote:
Ikea is discontinuing the Expedit as it looks like, starting from summer. A replacement will be there, but this won't be size compatible with the old Expedit, when merging several shelves together.

Why would they do that? I'm guessing it's one of their top-selling products.
Might actually buy one 'on reserve'...

Simple economics... you'd be surprised how much money they save by shaving down the size of the pieces used to put the shelving together.
IXTAB
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheHammy wrote:
Vapula wrote:

One like this

Thats on your WALL? man......i think those are heavy by themselves, cant image holding lps on the wall. Just stack those on the floor, dude. save yourself a headache.

I've got 3 of these units mounted the wall with no issue. Of course, I wouldn't just use drywall hanging hardware to do it. I mounted two 2x4s on the outside of the drywall, but screwed securely to every wall stud behind them. These two boards run the length of the 3 Expedits at the top and bottom edge of them. The Expedits are then mounted to the 2x4s, where they will remain fixed without issue. It would be foolish to try to attach these to a wall using basic drywall mounting hardware.

3. Unidentified band photos and youtube links
4. Memes
5. Ebonics

e-mail ixtab[at]nwnprod[dot]com regarding forum account activation or problems
disaffected

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IXTAB wrote:
TheHammy wrote:
Vapula wrote:

One like this

I've got 3 of these units mounted the wall with no issue. Of course, I wouldn't just use drywall hanging hardware to do it. I mounted two 2x4s on the outside of the drywall, but screwed securely to every wall stud behind them. These two boards run the length of the 3 Expedits at the top and bottom edge of them. The Expedits are then mounted to the 2x4s, where they will remain fixed without issue. It would be foolish to try to attach these to a wall using basic drywall mounting hardware.

thats one fucking awesome set up
Insideous nothing
Welcome to hell
World war whatever
IXTAB
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. That photo doesn't include the bar. I built the room myself to my specifications, according to the space afforded to me. It's part of the basement.

3. Unidentified band photos and youtube links
4. Memes
5. Ebonics

e-mail ixtab[at]nwnprod[dot]com regarding forum account activation or problems
Manta

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, Ixtab, that's fucking beautiful.

Right now I have a significant part of my 1,300+ CDs on the floor, the rest is on a nice shelf picked up at Best Buy (holds about 1,000 CDs).

My vynil is in part on some Colby designed Turntable stand, and Target produced "bins." None on the floor though...
Vapula

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IXTAB wrote:
TheHammy wrote:
Vapula wrote:

One like this

Thanks yeah I got a friend who is a carpenter to put them up I think he used his own stuff rather that the basic items that came with the expedit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 84, 85, 86  Next
Page 72 of 86

Jump to: