P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

How do you keep your record collection
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 84, 85, 86  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Vapula



Joined: 13 Feb 2013
Posts: 698
Location: The Black Lodge

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I was thinking about making them but it would take to long.

Protected are charging 17.85 for postage for those Rolling Eyes now I remember why I stopped ordering from them.

Does anybody know of anywhere else selling them?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
scandinavian-assault



Joined: 18 Jun 2013
Posts: 29
Location: Northern Hammer, Sweden

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one 5x5 expedit shelf, and it has endured many moves to new apartments, house etc. for more than 17 years now, and it holds together just fine. I also filled one 2x4 expedit shelf with all additional vinyls.

For CD's I use IKEA's Billy shelves, quite good I think.

I have a few hundred vinyl 7":s, and I have problems in storing them properly. Any ideas?
_________________
Headbanger, Earthdog, Rivet Head, Hell Rat & Metal Maniac!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tireheb



Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 6044
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scandinavian-assault wrote:
For CD's I use IKEA's Billy shelves, quite good I think.

How many CD's fit into this one?
_________________
Kojiri wrote:
To buy lots of die hards, see them ebayed before you, and hear the lamentations of NWN.
rauta wrote:
I have this record and can someone tell me what it sounds like, please.


"You can't hide the hook!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
scandinavian-assault



Joined: 18 Jun 2013
Posts: 29
Location: Northern Hammer, Sweden

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tireheb wrote:
scandinavian-assault wrote:
For CD's I use IKEA's Billy shelves, quite good I think.

How many CD's fit into this one?


Whithout checking I'd say between 600 and 675, with as many extra shelves as possible.

It measures 80 x 220 cm.
_________________
Headbanger, Earthdog, Rivet Head, Hell Rat & Metal Maniac!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ins88



Joined: 02 Oct 2007
Posts: 376
Location: France

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scandinavian-assault wrote:
I have a few hundred vinyl 7":s, and I have problems in storing them properly. Any ideas?


Just bought a Billy (IKEA), 80x28x202.
If you add two more shelves (= total of eight), you can store 1000+ 7"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Humus



Joined: 05 May 2007
Posts: 2894

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scandinavian-assault wrote:
Tireheb wrote:
scandinavian-assault wrote:
For CD's I use IKEA's Billy shelves, quite good I think.

How many CD's fit into this one?


Whithout checking I'd say between 600 and 675, with as many extra shelves as possible.

It measures 80 x 220 cm.


The problem is the Billy shelves are too deep for CD's (28 cm).
They used to sell 200x60x20 Besta and those were PERFECT for CD's. But I went to Ikea to buy another one two weeks ago (first one full) and they don't produce them anymore.
That's what bothers me about Ikea, I like uniformity in my interior and they are always changing their products. So now I bought a Billy shelf just to have something, but I'm looking to score a second hand Besta exactly like the one I already have.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vapula



Joined: 13 Feb 2013
Posts: 698
Location: The Black Lodge

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anybody know how many LPs the 4x4 Expedits can hold? I have a few of them mounted on the walls and have 34LPs in each section so 136 in total per expedit is that too much? It's mostly single LPs and about 15 DLPs.

One like this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ikea-Expedit-Shelving-Unit-Colors-Black-Brown-or-Birch-Effect-/251502955483
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheHammy



Joined: 28 Jan 2013
Posts: 45
Location: Illi noise

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vapula wrote:
Does anybody know how many LPs the 4x4 Expedits can hold? I have a few of them mounted on the walls and have 34LPs in each section so 136 in total per expedit is that too much? It's mostly single LPs and about 15 DLPs.

One like this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ikea-Expedit-Shelving-Unit-Colors-Black-Brown-or-Birch-Effect-/251502955483


Thats on your WALL? man......i think those are heavy by themselves, cant image holding lps on the wall. Just stack those on the floor, dude. save yourself a headache.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vapula



Joined: 13 Feb 2013
Posts: 698
Location: The Black Lodge

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't I don't have any room on the floor.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vociferous



Joined: 01 Nov 2011
Posts: 195

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humus wrote:
peterott wrote:
Ikea is discontinuing the Expedit as it looks like, starting from summer. A replacement will be there, but this won't be size compatible with the old Expedit, when merging several shelves together.


Why would they do that? I'm guessing it's one of their top-selling products.
Might actually buy one 'on reserve'...


Simple economics... you'd be surprised how much money they save by shaving down the size of the pieces used to put the shelving together.
_________________
Hatred wrote:
Some motherfuckers should stop your bark.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IXTAB
Site Admin


Joined: 15 May 2008
Posts: 3341
Location: Metalapolis, MN

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheHammy wrote:
Vapula wrote:
Does anybody know how many LPs the 4x4 Expedits can hold? I have a few of them mounted on the walls and have 34LPs in each section so 136 in total per expedit is that too much? It's mostly single LPs and about 15 DLPs.

One like this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ikea-Expedit-Shelving-Unit-Colors-Black-Brown-or-Birch-Effect-/251502955483


Thats on your WALL? man......i think those are heavy by themselves, cant image holding lps on the wall. Just stack those on the floor, dude. save yourself a headache.


I've got 3 of these units mounted the wall with no issue. Of course, I wouldn't just use drywall hanging hardware to do it. I mounted two 2x4s on the outside of the drywall, but screwed securely to every wall stud behind them. These two boards run the length of the 3 Expedits at the top and bottom edge of them. The Expedits are then mounted to the 2x4s, where they will remain fixed without issue. It would be foolish to try to attach these to a wall using basic drywall mounting hardware.


_________________
THINGS THAT WILL BE DELETED:
1. Ghost and Watain threads
2. Image signatures
3. Unidentified band photos and youtube links
4. Memes
5. Ebonics

e-mail ixtab[at]nwnprod[dot]com regarding forum account activation or problems
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
disaffected



Joined: 12 Feb 2013
Posts: 133
Location: mn

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IXTAB wrote:
TheHammy wrote:
Vapula wrote:
Does anybody know how many LPs the 4x4 Expedits can hold? I have a few of them mounted on the walls and have 34LPs in each section so 136 in total per expedit is that too much? It's mostly single LPs and about 15 DLPs.

One like this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ikea-Expedit-Shelving-Unit-Colors-Black-Brown-or-Birch-Effect-/251502955483


Thats on your WALL? man......i think those are heavy by themselves, cant image holding lps on the wall. Just stack those on the floor, dude. save yourself a headache.


I've got 3 of these units mounted the wall with no issue. Of course, I wouldn't just use drywall hanging hardware to do it. I mounted two 2x4s on the outside of the drywall, but screwed securely to every wall stud behind them. These two boards run the length of the 3 Expedits at the top and bottom edge of them. The Expedits are then mounted to the 2x4s, where they will remain fixed without issue. It would be foolish to try to attach these to a wall using basic drywall mounting hardware.



thats one fucking awesome set up
_________________
They've come to microwave my brain
They've come to microwave my brain
Convention warfare is a thing of the past
Insideous nothing
Welcome to hell
World war whatever
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IXTAB
Site Admin


Joined: 15 May 2008
Posts: 3341
Location: Metalapolis, MN

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. That photo doesn't include the bar. I built the room myself to my specifications, according to the space afforded to me. It's part of the basement.


_________________
THINGS THAT WILL BE DELETED:
1. Ghost and Watain threads
2. Image signatures
3. Unidentified band photos and youtube links
4. Memes
5. Ebonics

e-mail ixtab[at]nwnprod[dot]com regarding forum account activation or problems
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Manta



Joined: 05 Jan 2011
Posts: 276

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, Ixtab, that's fucking beautiful.

Right now I have a significant part of my 1,300+ CDs on the floor, the rest is on a nice shelf picked up at Best Buy (holds about 1,000 CDs).

My vynil is in part on some Colby designed Turntable stand, and Target produced "bins." None on the floor though...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vapula



Joined: 13 Feb 2013
Posts: 698
Location: The Black Lodge

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IXTAB wrote:
TheHammy wrote:
Vapula wrote:
Does anybody know how many LPs the 4x4 Expedits can hold? I have a few of them mounted on the walls and have 34LPs in each section so 136 in total per expedit is that too much? It's mostly single LPs and about 15 DLPs.

One like this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ikea-Expedit-Shelving-Unit-Colors-Black-Brown-or-Birch-Effect-/251502955483


Thats on your WALL? man......i think those are heavy by themselves, cant image holding lps on the wall. Just stack those on the floor, dude. save yourself a headache.


I've got 3 of these units mounted the wall with no issue. Of course, I wouldn't just use drywall hanging hardware to do it. I mounted two 2x4s on the outside of the drywall, but screwed securely to every wall stud behind them. These two boards run the length of the 3 Expedits at the top and bottom edge of them. The Expedits are then mounted to the 2x4s, where they will remain fixed without issue. It would be foolish to try to attach these to a wall using basic drywall mounting hardware.



Thanks yeah I got a friend who is a carpenter to put them up I think he used his own stuff rather that the basic items that came with the expedit.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 84, 85, 86  Next
Page 72 of 86

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group