P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Drinklist!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 179, 180, 181 ... 207, 208, 209  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
duff138

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madhukapala wrote:
GiantCogs wrote:

This smoke bomb from two of New England's best brewers makes other collaboration beers seem petty and foolish.

That looks delicious. I wonder if I'd be able to find it at Total Wine, out here on the West Coast.

It is terrible. Was talking about it earlier this week at a local beer store. Owner told me he tried it and dumped most of it down the sink! I disliked it, but still drank it. I expected more from these 2 brewers.
Buried In Ohio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

18th Street
#7 Black IPA
Ballast Point Victory at Sea Imperial Porter
Great Lakes/Deschutes Class of '88 Imperial smoked Porter
18th Street Deal with the Devil Pale Ale
rauta

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deathevocation wrote:
satanic ritual abuse wrote:

Not the best choice I guess but I'm getting wasted.

Teachers is ok for a cheap blend.

The reason is the high percentage of Ardmore malt, which is much higher than in most lower shelf blends. However, in recent years the quality of Teacher's seems to have gone down somewhat and turned the whisky hotter and more spirity, not sure if it's the grain or the malt at fault. In all honesty, in this category I'd probably rather go for Ballantine's instead these days. Not that it's better but rather unchanged, easy-driking and, at least over here, cheaper.

If Teacher's was cheaper it could be a regular but when the price is practically identical with these (for example), there's little point in wasting your money:

Or, why not even indeed go directly to the Teacher's source with one of the cheapest single malts available:
satanic ritual abuse

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're spot on. It was a gift, when it comes to cheap blends I usually go for Ballantines, Glen Grant or Famous Grouse. If I have some spare money, I go for Talisker, sometimes Glenmorangie. Ardbeg is a little fishy for my taste. Might try Laphroaig in the future. I'll definitely try the Ardmore!
deathevocation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Australia, Teachers is around $32-$34. Same pricepoint really as Ballantines, Grouse and J&B (which range within $5). Ardmore, Bowmore and Old Pulteney are all in excess of double the price and range between $69 and $75. So, for us down here, it's a decent cheap blend (JW Black is probably my favourite cheap blend though it's not so cheap, around $42-$45). Only Ballantines I've ever had is the 17 year old, which is nice and due to a bad hang over from J&B, I avoid it.
xray

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For good price-point blends, we usually opt for White Horse. It uses Lagavulin, Talisker and Caol Ila in the blend and is a really creditable drink for the price. We used to be able to find it for about $20US for 1.75L. Yes, I know that sounds like a disaster in the making, but it was really underpriced.
rauta

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never had WH as we don't get it here but always understood it was in the sturdier side of blends as the list of malt components will attest.

On topic, a nice & quiet evening at home with Bowmore Darkest (frankly, decent but meh) and Goose Island IPA (brilliant, as always).
under a funeral shroom

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blutkvlt wrote:
under a funeral shroom wrote:
I hate summer, it's so godamned humid here and I live in an attic. I thankfully have a window a/c unit, keeps me and the records cool enough for the most part. In relation to this thread, I am also more of an IPA/dark beer drinker and always struggle to find lighter beers I like in warmer weather. Any suggestions?

This if you can get it:

Also can't go wrong with about any Pils you'd pick up or Gaffel Kolsch.

I will have to try that, I have seen 6 packs where I normally buy stuff and other Anderson Valley beers I've had have been good.

But now in scene of baby Watains and weak emo scums with haircut
under a funeral shroom

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Climbatize311 wrote:
under a funeral shroom wrote:
I hate summer, it's so godamned humid here and I live in an attic. I thankfully have a window a/c unit, keeps me and the records cool enough for the most part. In relation to this thread, I am also more of an IPA/dark beer drinker and always struggle to find lighter beers I like in warmer weather. Any suggestions?

They have this on tap where I work :

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/345/59987

Most summer ales are wheaty/fruity/light. This is actually fairly hoppy but still drinkable and refreshing. For someone who's into IPAs, I'd recommend it. It's by far the best summer-labeled beer I've had.

I've had some of those, enjoyed it. Drinking Bell's Two Hearted Ale (one of my goto beers when buying cases) and listening to tapes tonight.

xray

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The people at Victory are my huckleberries. They make lagers I like, and that's saying something. Plus everyone I have met there has been a stand-up individual, and that's rare, even in the independent brewery world.

Tonight I drank Founders Devil Dancer (shitty day at work, so why not kill the pain with a 12% tripleIPA), followed by Lagunitas IPA, followed by Victory Prima Pils. A friend was doing a panel/book signing, so I wanted to be at least moderately sober for that. Didn't want to show up wasted and frighten any unaccustomed fans. Laughing
Thermonuklear Slayyer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried all of these for the first time. Would drink all of them again (except for Satan, only the name is cool), especially the Westmalle!

under a funeral shroom

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Victory is definitely a top notch brewery. Storm King is an underrated stoudt, I can drink that stuff like water.

rauta

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thermonuklear Slayyer wrote:
Tried all of these for the first time. Would drink all of them again (except for Satan, only the name is cool), especially the Westmalle!

Really sucks that we don't get Punk IPA in Finland anymore. As it is, I only have access to their 5am Saint red ale which is great as well and one I tend to stock up on regularly but obviously quite different.
deathevocation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thermonuklear Slayyer wrote:

Couple of very popular German beers there. Have you just got to drinking age or just not really had any interest in beer up until now? Just curious.
Thermonuklear Slayyer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deathevocation wrote:

Couple of very popular German beers there. Have you just got to drinking age or just not really had any interest in beer up until now? Just curious.

Can't say I've been down the road as much I'd like to.
Also can't say those are that easy to find.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 179, 180, 181 ... 207, 208, 209  Next
Page 180 of 209

Jump to: