P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Drinklist!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 205, 206, 207, 208, 209  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piotr Sargnagel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As luck would have it I'm working quite close to there tomorrow so I shall drop in!
MorningStar

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gross swill beer
and Dels Summer Shandy
Greuel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stiegl Goldbrrrrrrräu
Piotr Sargnagel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stiegl is such a great beer
Blutkvlt

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was kinda hopped-out for a while and I'm looking for recommendations of more "obscure" hoppy beers,as I've already tried most of the bigger names.

MY TRADELIST/WANTLIST:
http://nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21928
GiantCogs

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are you from?

I've come to learn the quality of a hoppy beer is by freshness. This is no secret, but I am still regularly impressed by the difference of getting an IPA at a brewery or getting one off shelf. I'm fortunate to have a brewery in town (Trillium) where I can swing by after work and get growlers.
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GiantCogs wrote:
Where are you from?

This is no secret, but I am still regularly impressed by the difference of getting an IPA at a brewery or getting one off shelf..

For sure. I've been drinking Lagunitas beers here for many years, but their Chicago brewery just opened last month and there is simply no comparison. Their already delicious beer was waaaay more delicious straight from the tap at the brewery. This goes for any other brewery I've been to as well, of course, but Lagunitas is freshest in my mind.
Onge Bakstra

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mead!

I prefer this over most wine. No idea why it became so marginalised.
Black Ivory Tower zine #1 - 'Interbellum' available now!
Blutkvlt

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GiantCogs wrote:
Where are you from?

I've come to learn the quality of a hoppy beer is by freshness. This is no secret, but I am still regularly impressed by the difference of getting an IPA at a brewery or getting one off shelf. I'm fortunate to have a brewery in town (Trillium) where I can swing by after work and get growlers.

Just outside of LA, so I'm within a short trip of a few breweries/tasting rooms that I know of. A trip to Ballast Point's tasting room was well worth it.

MY TRADELIST/WANTLIST:
http://nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21928
LifeDepraved

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Belgium Rampant IPA.

Totally hits the spot on a miserable 113 degrees (Fahrenheit) afternoon.

Good Sellers/Buyers/Traders: In Solitude, metalbrain, IIIRD GATEKEEPER, Mangled Torsos, Kakarot SS5, S(2), Schoolslave, Heksekult, Hobophobic(2), IXTAB.
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blutkvlt wrote:
GiantCogs wrote:
Where are you from?

Just outside of LA, so I'm within a short trip of a few breweries/tasting rooms that I know of. A trip to Ballast Point's tasting room was well worth it.

Man, I'd love to have some Sculpin straight from the tap at their room! That shit is expensive as hell here, usually $15.99 for a six-pack... other craft beers are usually around $10.99 or so.
Attic Snake

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blodhemn9 wrote:
Blutkvlt wrote:
GiantCogs wrote:
Where are you from?

Man, I'd love to have some Sculpin straight from the tap at their room! That shit is expensive as hell here, usually $15.99 for a six-pack... other craft beers are usually around $10.99 or so.

Might be headed down San Diego way in the future and was trying to decide what breweries to hit. I was thinking Stone, Ballast Point, Green Flash, or Alesmith. Any others or one I need to stop at?

Currrently drinking a 6er of Uinta Hop Nosh IPA.

"Boss Metalzone sucks dicks. It makes femmy noises and it sounds like a weak nerd with glasses limping to the pharmacy to buy allergy pills."
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to love Stone about a decade ago, when it was one of the only craft breweries in the States. I would get as much of it as I could when out visiting relatives in California. But now, with the 16 bazillion new breweries popping up every year, I find Stone much less impressive than I used to. Do they make anything these days that is a 'must try' beer? I don't even glance at their stuff these days since I have a much better selection to choose from now.
Attic Snake

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blodhemn9 wrote:
Do they make anything these days that is a 'must try' beer? I don't even glance at their stuff these days since I have a much better selection to choose from now.

I like their annual RuinTen release and their Imperial Stout and Old Guardian Barley Wine is always good especially for the money since in SF the prices are generally around $9. I honestly find them comparable to stuff I've paid $20 a bottle for. The Double Arrogant Bastard is good too.

Isn't The Bruery in SD too? I like a lot of their stuff even if at times I think they throw in too many spices. That sour stout they made Tarts of Darkness was phenomenal.

"Boss Metalzone sucks dicks. It makes femmy noises and it sounds like a weak nerd with glasses limping to the pharmacy to buy allergy pills."
VoKu HiLa

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on the Baltic Sea this week drinking lots of Stralsunder. A nice crisp light Pils, and cheap, less than 5€ for 3 liters.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 205, 206, 207, 208, 209  Next
Page 206 of 209

Jump to: