P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Has anyone ever seen a more insane Ebay metal auction?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject: Has anyone ever seen a more insane Ebay metal auction? Reply with quote

http://cgi.ebay.com/Checker-Patrol-DEMO-ORIGINAL-Mayhem-Assassin-Burzum-666_W0QQitemZ270164684244QQihZ017QQcategoryZ306QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I mean, I guess I understand that this is one of the most insanely rare releases in metal history. But. Whaaaa? What I always wonder is WHO IS THIS PERSON THAT HAS THAT KIND OF MONEY TO SPEND ON A CASSETTE TAPE? A cassette tape that he can almost assuredly not know the contents of? For all we know, Checker Patrol might have sucked donkey balls. Every time I see someone driving around in a Hummer or wearing a fancy suit coming out of an office building, I think, "does this person love black metal? Is this the guy who spent almost $1000 on a Moonblood lp a couple of years back?"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mexican seller, go figure how 'original' that tape might be.
schadel_reich

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LexTalionis wrote:
mexican seller, go figure how 'original' that tape might be.

Hahahaha. Yeah. Probably is a fake tape. Laughing
minge-eater

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the winning bidder so fdar as zeo feed back so i guess its all fake bids

TRUE KVNT
Descension twat of the year
Destructive_Hate

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is a bootleg its a really old bootleg, the tape itself is old as hell, and the insert dosn't look new. Either way to much damn money real or fake.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Destructive_Hate wrote:
If it is a bootleg its a really old bootleg, the tape itself is old as hell, and the insert dosn't look new. Either way to much damn money real or fake.

Finding a random 80ies tape and making it look like it's some obscure uberkvlt demo from the vaults of euronymous isn't exactly a hard task to accomplish.
TryMyTrust

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why does the top of the tape look like it was marked out with mspaint?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not only that but also look at the case, it says 'sony' on the upper side and it's obviously 2-3 year old at best Laughing
huja

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buyer with 0 feedback...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know a ton about eBay shenanigans. Is a zero feedback buyer meant to suggest that the bids were placed by the seller in order to generate some kind of demand/force the auction to be elevated to what he imagines it might be worth? Is that even possible? Or does a zero feedback buyer just mean it's someone who is screwing around? At any rate, the whole damn thing is just ridiculous.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

doomcrotch wrote:
I don't know a ton about eBay shenanigans. Is a zero feedback buyer meant to suggest that the bids were placed by the seller in order to generate some kind of demand/force the auction to be elevated to what he imagines it might be worth?

good guess.

The kid must have found some old Julio Iglesias dubbed tape at his father's cellar and thought he could fool someone, it took him metal archives and an ink-jet printer to turn the damn thing into black metal's newfound holy grail. Those mexican subhumans would sell their mothers for a quick buck.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

huja wrote:
buyer with 0 feedback...

That's exactly what I thought!!!

Laughing Laughing Laughing
markos

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so i sent the kid/seller a message after the auction was over asking to sell me the tape if the buyer flaked (just to see what he would say. i'd never piss away this much dough on a tape or, shit, even a record). i just knew i'd hear back with a story like this;

"hello, i was ripped by the guy who win both Burzum's demos & the Checker Patrol demo (is the same kid), I am waiting at the service of ebay that the feedbacks that this kid (that apparently has nothing to do with your time) gave me are eliminated, i'm going to relist the demos, I would like to know if you still been interested in the Checker Patrol demo, because I'm taking offers for the demo, so let me know. Regards M. "

i'm gonna write him back and ask if cash would be alright. haha.
gravesnatcher

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="markos"]so i sent the kid/seller a message after the auction was over asking to sell me the tape if the buyer flaked (just to see what he would say. i'd never piss away this much dough on a tape or, shit, even a record). i just knew i'd hear back with a story like this;

"hello, i was ripped by the guy who win both Burzum's demos & the Checker Patrol demo (is the same kid), I am waiting at the service of ebay that the feedbacks that this kid (that apparently has nothing to do with your time) gave me are eliminated, i'm going to relist the demos, I would like to know if you still been interested in the Checker Patrol demo, because I'm taking offers for the demo, so let me know. Regards M. "

i'm gonna write him back and ask if cash would be alright. haha.[/quote]

Good work Marcos,we all knew this guy was up to something.I wouldn't waste anymore time on this game playing turd.There all in cahoots.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metalion are saying on this norwegian forum, that there wasn't even a cover when the demos was released as far as he can remember.

Checker Patrol isn't writen right on that cover either.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: