P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Winter Solace Productions - Future in question
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shekkigreenwood

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:30 pm    Post subject: Winter Solace Productions - Future in question Reply with quote

I just came across this on his Facebook and website and it is too bad. Square peg, amidst round holes, who threatens the sensibilities of those seen as the pillars...
Well, these round holes can certainly get f**ked

Quoted from the label:
Seeing as many peoples can't understand this I write it again in more detail so somebody else doesn't have some massive tantrum online. The notion that Winter Solace productions is a vehicle for conventional NS black metal is something false. This label represents an alternative right wing political current that the world at present is not ready to comprehend. Aesthetically I run a right wing art collective, black metal is one specific part of what I do. If that bothers you, I really don't care. Yes at one time this label was far more a conventional NS black metal label with 88 in the contact mail and other obvious NS things. In those times I was a child, 17 to 19 years old and there is enough science to prove that the brain doesn't fully develop cognitively until around the age of 25. In those younger days I sought to be one with the pagan front and that image, however obviously such things never came to be. I gave everything to this notion, spending most of my years doing this label living as a hermit hoarding various NS black metal materials. Doing all of these things left me with nothing, the bands that built this label with there tapes in those years aren't here anymore and so I have to rebuild the roster many times again.

I transferred my rage into art, art that I'm the only person in the entire world capable of creating and that was met with even more hostility. In “Wolves Among The Sheep” they would never put me in the American section, choosing instead to reinforce the false image of right wing racial violence that other labels in this country spoon feed to sheep on the Internet. I reject this scene and everything in it. I grow sick seeing bands that were once on this label change their attitudes when this scene finally lets them in. I give these bands everything only to be left broke. The idea of seeing Lord of Depression on stage with Vothana in Chicago and actually meet a vast majority of the people I've known for years would have been a dream come true. Alas someone felt the need to threaten me because I released a band from Malaysia so I decided not to attend. The front-man of a very well known NSBM band chose to slander me and now I'm almost out of business. I write to labels for product and they tell us they aren't interested, Ex-bands are not grateful for what I have done and simply pretend I don't exist, I give people exclusive distribution of my labels titles in Europe only for them to be listed as “on sale” and I get to watch somebody else sell 200 copies of on my labels releases.

Somebody asked me why I still do this in despite all of that and I had no answer for them. I can't stand this music much anymore and obviously shouldn't be running a label until I can return to the proper head space. Due to these reasons and numerous other personal problems I choose to not disclose I have decided to take a sabbatical and the earliest I shall return is January of next year. Some affairs will be dealt with during that time but the label will mostly be dormant with the distro shut down while I decide how best to move forward and in what capacity.
CycasVoid

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Due to the political nature of some of the labels titles and my desire to be among a new age esoteric right wing populist alternative political current in this country the label e-mail is flooded with donation requests from the Trump campaign."

I dunno man, I'm not sure that they're really targeting underground black metal labels.
EARLGREYTEA

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish him and his Distro all the best ... I never had issues with any of my orders, his prices and shipping costs were always more than reasonable!
ApparitionOfferings,theBeast,bMz,bitewerks,BNB888,DoomMantia,funeralfog666,Gangraen,GhoulesDesCultes,Goab,Grell,gristle,ICP666,Iscariah,moonan,PenetrationHammer,PeterVenkman,ravn,Sv,svartseidr,tehomapzu,13,vorfeed
DTBRex

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah hopefully he'll be back (and I am positive he will, it's not the first downtime for Winter Solace) in January, as he said. However, he shouldn't take everything that he encounters in this scene so seriously and personal. There'll always be people who gonna bitch; there'll always be bands who gonna backstab; there'll always be customers who gonna complain; and there'll always be a scene that doesn't acknowledge your very existence, let alone, appreciate what you do.

If you decide to run a label / mailorder not just as a costly hobby but as a profitable enterprise, then don't waste your breath by pleading with potential customers on ideological grounds (i.e. they ought to buy from you because you share the same ideology, etc.) but keep working your ass off 24/7, improve your "customer service" as good as you can, try to get in stock what people wish to buy from you, don't let them wait too long for their orders, etc.pp.

In a nutshell: Be more professional than ideological. Not saying that Winter Solace isn't doing what it takes to make customers happy, but I have seen it many times that ideology is used as an excuse for sloppy and amateurish work (borderline to rip-off) on part of labels and distributors that expect people to buy from them for the sake of "supporting the cause" no matter that they have to wait forever for their packages to arrive (if ever), etc., and that is surely not limited to NS-labels, at all.

If you run a business, then try to be professional and focus on delivering the goods your customer paid for. If you are more interested in preaching ideology, then go into politics. If ideology remains to be the primary or only reason why someone ought to order from you, then you'll be out of business in next to no time.
Tireheb

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The front-man of a very well known NSBM band chose to slander me and now I'm almost out of business."

Smile Would like to know more about this...
ADK

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The idea of seeing Lord of Depression on stage with Vothana in Chicago and actually meet a vast majority of the people I've known for years would have been a dream come true. Alas someone felt the need to threaten me because I released a band from Malaysia so I decided not to attend."

So there were many of his friends there but he didn't attend because one guy threatened him?
JB

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfamiliar with the guy's output, but focusing on American alt-right and kek cult actually seems more meaningful than "NSBM" in this day and age, which speaks volumes.
L.P.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ADK wrote:
"The idea of seeing Lord of Depression on stage with Vothana in Chicago and actually meet a vast majority of the people I've known for years would have been a dream come true. Alas someone felt the need to threaten me because I released a band from Malaysia so I decided not to attend."

So there were many of his friends there but he didn't attend because one guy threatened him?

This sounds like bullshit. The fest had Vietnamese, Blacks, Hispanics, and Nazis wearing Impiety shirts all over the place. It was surprising to see so many different demographics, and yet not a single altercation. No loud words, no thrown fists...nothing but respect and comradery.
Vega360

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The label will not close, part of the reason it is shut down for an extended period of time is that there is a lot of issues currently that are best fixed with the label being in a non operation status. I moved to Wisconsin in 2015 and have barley been able to keep the label afloat since moving out here due to problems with how it is operated.

To answer some of the other crap in this

The Donation requests from the trump campaign are almost certain to be the result of bots they have trolling for people based off keywords to get money from. While I'll be voting for him as Jill Stein has zero chances of winning and Wisconsin is a swing state. I will not be funding his campaign as I refuse to support the two party duopoly in this country. Democracy is just an illusion and the entire world is run by banks/cooperate oligarchies. This is obvious and should not require further discussion with persons at this level. The donation requests go under the absurd shit that happens right next to the BPjM sending a letter to my mother.

I have no idea if the individual I got into an argument with on the internet would be at this festival and I highly doubt he'd be able to pick me out of a crowd of other metal heads. I still decided not to attend. I can see the people I wish to meet up with in person at other times, meeting Warlord might have been nice but Evil was denied entry into the States so I didn't miss much.
www.vinlandspecialservices.bandcamp.com
www.vinlandss.wordpress.com
www.ilsakoch.wordpress.com
Backwards

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winter Solace has released some good stuff, like those Kaevum tapes. However they have also released a lot of mediocre crap. I think the reason your releases end up in the "on sale" section is because you release shit like NS Ninja "Keep Facebook White" and "Jewish Juice".
Tireheb

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Backwards wrote:
NS Ninja "Keep Facebook White"

I had to check that something like this actually does exist. Embarassed
Ough

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tireheb wrote:
Backwards wrote:
NS Ninja "Keep Facebook White"

I had to check that something like this actually does exist. Embarassed

Probably not even the most ridiculous title on the label. Always got a kick out of simply reading through the winter solace band names and album titles. And Jewish Juice is actually not that wacky but average NSBM. Anyway, I've owned and listened to some WS releases and got my kicks. Always a reliable label in my experience.
Carlzilla

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Backwards wrote:
Winter Solace has released some good stuff, like those Kaevum tapes. However they have also released a lot of mediocre crap. I think the reason your releases end up in the "on sale" section is because you release shit like NS Ninja "Keep Facebook White" and "Jewish Juice".

Jewish Juice, silly name aside, fucking kill.

And now we have fags complaining about other fags. A "fagoboros" if you will.
Travis N.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carlzilla wrote:

Jewish Juice, silly name aside, fucking kill.

Seconded. I haven't ordered anything in a while, but I would be sad to see Winter Solace go. I'm glad to hear it's not the end.
Thrasymachus

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, Jugra was a great discovery...even if it did get him labeled "race traitor" Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: