P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Being broke disappreciation thread.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CraiGORE

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting 2k this year from fed+state tax return! It's great to be 25 and a broke student.

How one-mand band can be created in such exact date? Is he saw Satan in this day, or thers was a fog, rain and fullmoon outdoor?
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

krakentorso wrote:
bad luck if so many metal loosers fuck up in school, don't accept education and afterwards wonder why they cannot get a serious job. And I don't speak of business jobs or whatever! Just solid things, handcrafts or something, or going to university and having a academic job.

Fuck all that whining and start doing some further education measures!
It's not impossible to combine metal, drinking, partying with learning and going a way to personal job-related satisfaction, you hippies!

I really get angry about this "I-cannot-handle-my-life" crap. But please don't have the idea of starting a new underground mailorder in order to make the money of your life!
Laughing

Knowing a trade (carpentry,machinist,welding,electrician....) is not gauranteed to keep food on your table. Many of these industies are the ones being hit the hardest in the current economic climate. Especially in the U.S. , which built its foundation on manufacturing....but now, all these high paying jobs have been shipped to China because the CEO's of the company can make much more by paying a 13 year old Chinese boy $7 per week, instead of paying the American worker.
I work in a manufacturing/machine shop, and in the past year I've seen 7 machinist's laid off from work, many who have been with the company over 15 years. Now, my company gets our steel and other materials from fucking China !

Laziness can be a factor, but not always..... Its very hard to find a job when every month, 1 million workers lose their jobs.
krakentorso

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heliogabalus wrote:
krakentorso wrote:
bad luck if so many metal loosers fuck up in school, don't accept education and afterwards wonder why they cannot get a serious job. And I don't speak of business jobs or whatever! Just solid things, handcrafts or something, or going to university and having a academic job.

and start doing some further education measures!
It's not impossible to combine metal, drinking, partying with learning and going a way to personal job-related satisfaction, you hippies!

I really get angry about this "I-cannot-handle-my-life" crap. But please don't have the idea of starting a new underground mailorder in order to make the money of your life!
Laughing

Yesterday; Our local news channel reported 220 people applying for only 30 jobs at a new (small) mold injection plant. Most of the 50 states are so fucked financially, it is near impossible for a possible student to obtain the funds to attend these "further education measures" You get angry about all of this "I-cannot-handle-my-life" crap??? Handcrafts?? Basket weaving and pottery are not the hottest fields to enter now. By handcrafts, If you mean machinist type jobs, get in the back of the line of 200 others that want the same job. Mc donald's??? Get in line.
What is an academic job anyway; A professor? A Neurosurgeon? Huh? what? I don't understand your post. Hippies? huh what????? As far as "Fuck all that whining" nobody where I live are whining. They are more of the "rugged individual" type than you could ever dream of becoming. Seriously, I wish you well, and hope you never lose your job and transform into a hippie, But i need to step lowbrow on this one..... Your fucktardness surpasses any post I have ever read..... Please go to the back of the line....... Take a number and shut the fuck up

1. I did not want to upset people that have difficulties to find a job as I know this desperate situation for myself...as I have sayed some posts above. I only blame those who are lazy first and then complain why they don't have anything to eat
2. handcraft = brick layer, carpenter, whatever
3. If you only relate words like "professor" or "neurosurgeon" to the phrase "academic job", then you're ignorant. you can work in an academical job as f.e. a geologist, a teacher, an assistant in a museum, even as a fucken priest...bla Get the point?

In general: I'm aware that there have to be "poor jobs" (Demoniarch's words) that keep running this rotten system in our western world. I am NOT that kind of person that classifies people by their material status or their job. I have a deep respect for those who do their best to support his/her family. All I wanted to say is that everyone has/had the chance from the very beginning to form his/her life in the most positive way. There is a saying in german that could roughly be translated as "man forges his own destiny" AND if I did not give my best to get a comfortable life and instead of this just being lazy all the time, then I don't have the right to complain. Sure, if you loose your job because of the financial/economic crisis, it's a tragedy. But I know there are sooo many work-shy loosers around...maybe I refered to them Wink
Heliogabalus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:53 pm    Post subject: bei Reply with quote

Point taken. My apologies for the name calling Sad
CORRO666iVE

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Son of Satan wrote:
Im a fucking busboy so that doesn't leave me any money in the first place but the sheer amount of quality shit I've had to pass up this month is probably the most I've ever had . Sad

From your post, I'm guessing busboys don't get paid much but out of curiosity how much does the average busboy usually make? I'm contemplating the option see..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
LifeDepraved

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was a busboy when i was 12, made 5$ an hour and got tips from the waitresses at the end of the shift.

Good Sellers/Buyers/Traders: In Solitude, metalbrain, IIIRD GATEKEEPER, Mangled Torsos, Kakarot SS5, S(2), Schoolslave, Heksekult, Hobophobic(2), IXTAB.
adrian5118

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CraiGORE wrote:
I am a full time student also

http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=840646#840646
Black Shit Noise

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CORRO666iVE wrote:
Son of Satan wrote:
Im a fucking busboy so that doesn't leave me any money in the first place but the sheer amount of quality shit I've had to pass up this month is probably the most I've ever had . Sad

From your post, I'm guessing busboys don't get paid much but out of curiosity how much does the average busboy usually make? I'm contemplating the option see..

minimum wage plus about 5 to 10 bucks per server. depends on the restaurant you work in.I use to tip my busboy 20 bucks per night because i was making 200 a night
ZummahT

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CraiGORE wrote:
I'm getting 2k this year from fed+state tax return! It's great to be 25 and a broke student.

damn, I miss those days.. used to get up to 2.5K when I was back in college.. now it's just what I make at work. Fortunately got a nice well paying job, but life in NY is fucking expensive.. sucks..

AGRATH
Reaper's Grave

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
Very few jobs exist that will sustain living, and kvlting to the max. Very few jobs that doesn't require some serious secondary education I suppose anyways.

A casual cruise through the circuit of distro's I like to check out could have me spending $500 a day easily on records and cd's, shirts... so many wicked things out there. Confused

I know this feeling, unfortunately when i was poor i had to severely limit my options and it really closed my doors. Even if I find a band enjoyable I won't go out of my way anymore to find every release right as it comes out. Maybe a full length, and even then it's debatable. I have the first proclamation album and love it, but i don't even think i've listened to the 2nd or 3rd...maybe I'll buy them some day and hear them. Whereas other bands I keep posted on, there's only about 10-15 releases i'm looking forward to currently, and that's spread out the whole year, and half with unknown release dates. I've spent more effort catching up now than worrying about new stuff. It can get overwhelming after all.

Demoniarch wrote:
Not everyone can hold the high and prestegious positions, not everyone can be living the high life. Society needs those people in the 'poor' jobs as well. They serve a purpose in keeping this infrastructure we call our society functional.
If everyone was a dentist or a doctor, or a scientist etc etc who the hell would be stocking grocery store shelves or driving the resources from source to source etc etc for all the highly educated people to consume ?

The whole argument or point you try to make by calling people stupid or lazy for not pursuing higher education jobs is flawed logic. Society has purposefully set up and initiated certain roadblocks and issues to keep people in certain places. It is impossible for everyone to be on top if there is no bottom.

On this note, you don't need to be highly educated to hold a stable job that pays decently. I dunno what you mean by "poor jobs" but if that applies to anything that's not 6 digit figure incomes of doctor's/lawyers, or the 80k/year salary in the healthcare administration sectors then there's a lot of "poor jobs" where a single person, or even a person with no dependants in general can do fine, if not very well on.

Average entry level postal job starts off with $38,000/year with yearly raises. There's specific and rigorous requirements for full time work there, but it pays well if you make it. I know plenty of people who work as electricians, plumbers, custodial and generally "shit" jobs that most people don't want, but make 40-50k/year. People who do trucking from what I hear also make a lot of money as well due to the constant travel, demand, and dangers of the job. Requirements are tough with driving records and requirement of CDL's, but the pay is probably worth it, especially for a single metal head with no dependants and hunger for records Very Happy

I once talked to a guy who worked a regular working-class, or even a low wage job of some sort for about 10 years, spending no money except on food, rent, and an internet connection. With the money he saved, he's actually booming in this economy because he has enough money to not have to work for 5 years still, by which time the job markets and economy should hopefully be stable enough it won't be as hard.

Times are tough on everyone granted, but you don't need necessarily need master degrees to make a living. Vocational trading, apprenticeships, and just using your mind in the right place can do wonders. I'm looking towards a job in vocational areas, or in careers where not much secondary formal education past a high school degree is required. My friend landed himself an apprenticeship in an autobody shop, so his plans are to work as a mechanic or autobody person, which from what he tells me is a pretty decent living for a trade in itself.
asmael LeBouc

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a teacher and a lazy piece of ass. I'm doing ok and it's not that difficult to become a teach

TRADE / WANT LIST ! ! ! :
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12006/
Good sellers/traders: ChapelOfDoom, thetrueevil/ GoldenBull, Hobophobic, NWN PROD
CORRO666iVE

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black Shit Noise wrote:

minimum wage plus about 5 to 10 bucks per server. depends on the restaurant you work in.I use to tip my busboy 20 bucks per night because i was making 200 a night

wow, not bad from my point of view. thanks for the info
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
CraiGORE

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny thing that you're all talking about learning a trade.. I did that. Didn't have much success in starting a "career"... Now I'm in school to become a teacher of my trade at a vocational/tech school.

How one-mand band can be created in such exact date? Is he saw Satan in this day, or thers was a fog, rain and fullmoon outdoor?
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even getting a trade is no guarantee in life. Things always tend to change. Easy adaptability to change is probably the best asset one could have in their personality. Many people change careers throughout their working years too. Generally a trade has been somewhat of a dependant asset to have, however there are some that are apt to be more useful than others though with a wider market for them. It all fluctuates mind you as the economy performs it's tricks.

Personally I think some of the first world nations are heading into a future of nasty surprises. I think the infrastructure of modern societies is bound to take a fall. We all seem too greedy and needy. Some of the already poor and destitute countries know how to handle being broke a lot better than us. We're all just whining about not having the latest and greatest metal releases, wait until we're hungry and desperately thirsty for clean water, then we can really complain.
That's all just pesonal speculation though as I watch things occur and unfold around my own society, taking things in at a global level, and just the general attitudes of the locals around where I am. So no one take offense and get all conspiracy protective/offensive. Laughing

Everything may end up cherries for all too, who the hell knows ? Cool
OrdenSatani

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's great to know that a man is only as good as how much money he has, and that his occupational position in society is enough to judge his will power and mental capacity. Most of the artists you worship lived in their cars at one point or another Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: