P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Being broke disappreciation thread.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SlurpeeJunkieCraig

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

krakentorso wrote:
bad luck if so many metal loosers fuck up in school, don't accept education and afterwards wonder why they cannot get a serious job. And I don't speak of business jobs or whatever! Just solid things, handcrafts or something, or going to university and having a academic job.

Fuck all that whining and start doing some further education measures!
It's not impossible to combine metal, drinking, partying with learning and going a way to personal job-related satisfaction, you hippies!

I really get angry about this "I-cannot-handle-my-life" crap. But please don't have the idea of starting a new underground mailorder in order to make the money of your life!
Laughing

I have many "educated" friends who have degrees who have lost their jobs in our bad economy and have had a hard time finding employment because that particular sector got hammered. For instance, engineers who were in the manufacturing sector. I had a co-worker who lost his job after 20+ years with that company. No companies are hiring in the manufacturing sector. He is obviously taking advantage of programs to further his education but the stress can be overwhelming. So, before you mouth off, don't throw everyone into the same category as "lazy hippies" you smeghead.
morbid palace

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humus wrote:
blodhemn9 wrote:
Reaper's Grave wrote:
Why not temporary minimum wage jobs during the off seasons?

Because these temporary minimun wage jobs have probably already been filled by people with college degrees that lost their jobs after their companies went out of business.

That's exactly what I'm doing actually...not minimum wage but not that far off.

Quote:
25 bucks to clean your stairs?!?! How much can it actually take to clean a set of stairs?

'My house' and '3 stairs a week'. I'm guessing that if your house has 3 or more staircases you can afford to give your kid $25 for cleaning one.

it's a house, but a block that i live in. it's three different staircases from 5th and down. I don't work for my parrents, but for the block or what you would call it. and it takes about 45-60 minutes to clean one, what a dream job!
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very few jobs exist that will sustain living, and kvlting to the max. Very few jobs that doesn't require some serious secondary education I suppose anyways.

A casual cruise through the circuit of distro's I like to check out could have me spending $500 a day easily on records and cd's, shirts... so many wicked things out there. Confused
krakentorso

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SlurpeeJunkieCraig wrote:
krakentorso wrote:
bad luck if so many metal loosers fuck up in school, don't accept education and afterwards wonder why they cannot get a serious job. And I don't speak of business jobs or whatever! Just solid things, handcrafts or something, or going to university and having a academic job.

It's not impossible to combine metal, drinking, partying with learning and going a way to personal job-related satisfaction, you hippies!

I really get angry about this "I-cannot-handle-my-life" crap. But please don't have the idea of starting a new underground mailorder in order to make the money of your life!
Laughing

I have many "educated" friends who have degrees who have lost their jobs in our bad economy and have had a hard time finding employment because that particular sector got hammered. For instance, engineers who were in the manufacturing sector. I had a co-worker who lost his job after 20+ years with that company. No companies are hiring in the manufacturing sector. He is obviously taking advantage of programs to further his education but the stress can be overwhelming. So, before you mouth off, don't throw everyone into the same category as "lazy hippies" you smeghead.

yeah, of corpse I'm not throwing all people in the same category and I am aware of those job problems that emerge because of any crisis, I am not stupid, my friend.

But if you'd read my post carefully you'd notice that I am speaking NOT about engineer or whatever victims of the crisis but I'm speaking about those who didn't make their way into a solid job but "just" aspired a not challangening parttime 5-bucks-an-hour job.

Hey, everyone in the "free" western world has the chance to gain a solid job if he/she fucking wants with only the will to achieve this. No fucking one is supposed to stay in the looser-position, and everyone with a bit of potencial recognizes that he/she has the duty to NOT become a welfare cheque receiver for the rest of his/her days.

I was unemployed after university for 1,5 years but I struggled for gaining money to get a further education (cost: 6000 Euro, half a year) and I got it and because of this further education I gained a job which lead me to my present job.

Willpower and education and the will in your youth not to become one of those "let's see what will come, I stick to my lazyness" is what I mean!

What is a smeghead, buddy? Hahah!
bmdk666

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krakentorso wrote:
SlurpeeJunkieCraig wrote:
krakentorso wrote:

Laughing

yeah, of corpse I'm not throwing all people in the same category and I am aware of those job problems that emerge because of any crisis, I am not stupid, my friend.

But if you'd read my post carefully you'd notice that I am speaking NOT about engineer or whatever victims of the crisis but I'm speaking about those who didn't make their way into a solid job but "just" aspired a not challangening parttime 5-bucks-an-hour job.

Hey, everyone in the "free" western world has the chance to gain a solid job if he/she fucking wants with only the will to achieve this. No fucking one is supposed to stay in the looser-position, and everyone with a bit of potencial recognizes that he/she has the duty to NOT become a welfare cheque receiver for the rest of his/her days.

I was unemployed after university for 1,5 years but I struggled for gaining money to get a further education (cost: 6000 Euro, half a year) and I got it and because of this further education I gained a job which lead me to my present job.

Willpower and education and the will in your youth not to become one of those "let's see what will come, I stick to my lazyness" is what I mean!

What is a smeghead, buddy? Hahah!

Is that a Red Dwarf reference on NWN forums? Surprised Shocked
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not everyone can hold the high and prestegious positions, not everyone can be living the high life. Society needs those people in the 'poor' jobs as well. They serve a purpose in keeping this infrastructure we call our society functional.
If everyone was a dentist or a doctor, or a scientist etc etc who the hell would be stocking grocery store shelves or driving the resources from source to source etc etc for all the highly educated people to consume ?

The whole argument or point you try to make by calling people stupid or lazy for not pursuing higher education jobs is flawed logic. Society has purposefully set up and initiated certain roadblocks and issues to keep people in certain places. It is impossible for everyone to be on top if there is no bottom.
Scott K

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:

The whole argument or point you try to make by calling people stupid or lazy for not pursuing higher education jobs is flawed logic. Society has purposefully set up and initiated certain roadblocks and issues to keep people in certain places. It is impossible for everyone to be on top if there is no bottom.

Thankfully!!
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott K wrote:
Demoniarch wrote:

Thankfully!!

Depends on what you think makes for a better society. If capitalism and existence on the blood of others is the ideal world society, we are working that method relentlessly. Of course some of the downsides of economics can throw the entire world into turmoil when threads unravel due to being wound too tight.
There are of course other ideas for a society that could benefit the whole. However mankinds self serving interests consider those folly.
Heliogabalus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krakentorso wrote:

and start doing some further education measures!

Laughing

Yesterday; Our local news channel reported 220 people applying for only 30 jobs at a new (small) mold injection plant. Most of the 50 states are so fucked financially, it is near impossible for a possible student to obtain the funds to attend these "further education measures" You get angry about all of this "I-cannot-handle-my-life" crap??? Handcrafts?? Basket weaving and pottery are not the hottest fields to enter now. By handcrafts, If you mean machinist type jobs, get in the back of the line of 200 others that want the same job. Mc donald's??? Get in line.
What is an academic job anyway; A professor? A Neurosurgeon? Huh? what? I don't understand your post. Hippies? huh what????? As far as "Fuck all that whining" nobody where I live are whining. They are more of the "rugged individual" type than you could ever dream of becoming. Seriously, I wish you well, and hope you never lose your job and transform into a hippie, But i need to step lowbrow on this one..... Your fucktardness surpasses any post I have ever read..... Please go to the back of the line....... Take a number and shut the fuck up
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My girlfriends uncle quit his 'higher education' machinist job. A certified trade to become a TV cable installer. Makes more money hooking up cable TV and the fucking internet than his trade ever made him.

Sometimes the education is not worth it. You pay for it, then life throws a curve ball and you end up doing something completely different. You still have to pay for that previous education though. So it's not always the good option. Cool
MezzoForte

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GO VOCATIONAL
Son of Satan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im a fucking busboy so that doesn't leave me any money in the first place but the sheer amount of quality shit I've had to pass up this month is probably the most I've ever had . Sad

-Trade List-
CraiGORE

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a full time student also

How one-mand band can be created in such exact date? Is he saw Satan in this day, or thers was a fog, rain and fullmoon outdoor?
nonwave

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

capitalism crumbles when nobody wants to - or can - buy shit. oh well.
Son of Satan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CraiGORE wrote:
I am a full time student also

Me too and i work during all my free time to pay bills mostly Mad

Shit will get better after i graduate i hope.

-Trade List-
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: