P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

BLACK HAMMER - Witnessless Triumph EP 2015 + statement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Under Command

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:48 am    Post subject: BLACK HAMMER - Witnessless Triumph EP 2015 + statement Reply with quote

Transmission from the lifeless Worlds :

Darker Days Productions present...

“Witnessless Triumph” MCD 2015
The second BLACK HAMMER EP (Fra).

Artwork by Mark Riddick / (Necro)Mastered by A.O.D. at Temple of Disharmony

WORDS :
This new EP has been made for one purpose mainly : finding the right sound for the still newly formed band, and trying to revive some old feeling aka Riff based Black Metal. "Raw / Simple / Ugly" as Tyrant once stated it... The aim is to convey feelings of despair and nostalgia to the listener. What Once Was.
This is basically handmade Black fucking Metal. Guaranteed trend-free. The music focuses on atmosphere rather than sheer brutality and cubase FX. Don’t expect instant gratification and tons of gimmicks... for the better or the worse. This is traditional in many aspects. In the end, judge by yourselves, let it grow on you, love it or hate it.

SOUNDS :
3 of the 4 songs are displayed here for your enjoyment : https://blackhammer-ftw.bandcamp.com/releases

The last song, “Remains of The Throne” was written as a tribute to Darkthrone’s A Blaze In The Northern Sky. A musical tribute. This is what’s left in my mind, after all these years by one of the first Black Metal record I heard. This song will be streamed too, but later, as it is not the core of the EP/Black Hammer’s music.

NO VINYL VERSION PLANNED YET and I don’t know if there will be one ever. I hope so, of course, but it will be only if someone wants to do it with his label (meaning if this unidentified yet person thinks there is a demand for it). Time will tell…

NO DISTRIBUTORS CONTACTED YET but it will be done soon, don’t worry. Meanwhile you can still order directly from the band/label (see links below), especially if you’re from Europe. As for USA, Russia, Asia, Southamerica… I will spend the next days reaching out some people to distribute it and will keep this thread with updates about distribution. Free badges with the early orders...

DON'T WAIT if you truly like this music. This is an UNDERGROUND band/label. Meaning if the whole earth just "wait" the vinyl or anything... basically nothing else will happen. This MCD is like the price of one pack of cigarettes so if you like what you hear, just buy it and stop finding excuses. That will be the most efficient way to actually support the band (liking a facebook page or finding excuses like "waiting the vinyl" aren't a way to support a band actually). Because if 500 people WAIT how should the band/label know about them ? If at least half of those waiters actually buy something, it will be a STRONG SIGN for the label/band that something more (vinyl, merch, ...) could be done because, there are at least a few interested folks. This is basic knowledge but I feel the urge to remind it. If you don't like I couldn't care less. The plague is those who say they love it but always find excuses to not buy it. Maybe in 6 months this will be all gone just because everybody wanted to wait... So at least don't do bold statements, just ACT.

A quick history of the project (not a mandatory reading, you've been warned) :
Black Hammer was born in 2009 in my head, in 2010 in studio after I bought my first guitar ever to try this instrument and try to write music myself. Black Metal has always been the only way. The first demo was recorded in July 2010 and was out in December 2010 on tape through Impious Desecration Records ltd & handnumevered to 300 copies. By the way this label is connected with really good bands and done 100% out of passion, so go check his site. That was my first record attempt ever on my own doing every instruments (previous record sessions include Evynkar's first demo tape & Necroblood's first demo tape as drummer/singer for both). Following this first demo tape I felt the urge to go further and try not to steal anymore riffs from Schizophrenia (Sepultura) or Witchhammer (the Törr demo). This resulted, one and a half year later, aka June 2012, in the release of the "Darker Days Will Come" MCD/MLP through Forgotten Wisdom Prodctions (underrated French label with the a good spirit, go buy something from him, especially Zoldier Noiz LPs). Once again I said to myself that I could do better, I wanted to do better. Leading to a strange period where dreams met reality (i.e. dead metal scene, being french never helped EVER, lack of enthusiasm from folks, lack of new faces in the metal world, understanding of numerous human flaws and business scams, etc.). After a time of inner reflection, the will to put out some Black fucking Metal that could send some shivers through the spine of a bunch of worthy individuals was still here, as well as the fear of being one more quitter without achieving anything cool. So a step to action was needed... and done. Resulting of this new EP, recorded late 2014, that is way better than the two other releases imo, and hopefully will be a path to more complex and interesting songs in the future, having now more knowledge and practice as a musician. Could be the beginning... or the testament. One sure thing for the future is I won't record everything by myself anymore. So it will either be session people or good line-up. Time will tell.

Darker Days Productions :

What’s this ? This is basically the same thing as Cymophane Productions, Moonfog Productions, Selbstmord Services, Deathlike Silence Productions, Posercorpse Music Inc, SST Records, … You got it ?

Useful links :

www.facebook.com/blackhammerftw
https://blackhammer-ftw.bandcamp.com/releases
http://darkerdaysprod.bigcartel.com/ (you can order directly through the mail below if this kind of shop pisses you off... they do for me)

For infos, orders, wholesale, prayers, lamentations, threats, sex proposals, etc. write here :

darkerdaysprod@gmail.com

END OF TRANSMISSION / THANX FOR YOUR ATTENTION
lifeless

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as a drug addled idiot, I have a hard time with large swaths of text, but I listened to your tracks and it's very well executed "that style" BM
the vocals are good; they don't sound like a girly high pitched tween boy getting his nuts chopped off, seems to dominate "that style" BM quite a bit

SUPPORT, bone structure, believe it comrade, ETC
Shiru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Support! very well said actually...
Wanted to wait for vinyl, but hmmm now seriously thinking about getting MCD
Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Total support. Black Hammer always delivers!

Regressive Muerta Metal: https://sadistikus.bandcamp.com/album/desekrehearsal-march-21-2015
Under Command

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

U P D A T E S

Nuclear War Now! Prod & Iron Bonehead Prod will carry copies of this MCD.

Brazilian maniacs will also be able to get some at this shop : http://www.soundsofhelldistro.com/br/

Some copies will hit Switzerland too at Red Wine Rites records(www.facebook.com/redwineritesrec).

I'm sure Neyra will have some too, just wait 9 months for him to click the "reply" button Smile

To be continued...

As for the music, due to my lack of knowledge about bandcamp options, you can now listen to the full record (actually only the last track -tribute to ABINTS- was missing). You can also download it lossless + full artwork for 6,66€, this money is more a mean to support the band than the actual price of a virtual file, of course...

https://blackhammer-ftw.bandcamp.com/album/witnessless-triumph
lifeless

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

listening to the whole stream, really good shit
reminds me of Total Death album
Under Command

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes there is definitely a "Total Death" feeling especially toward the end of the opening track. This was made on purpose, even if this is not my favorite Darkthrone album. And thanks for your words.
lifeless

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ha, yeah! right at the end of the first track, I thought "wow, sounds like one of the best track-endings in BM"
track 3, also has some obvious nods to another band's song Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: