P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Sissy Spacek “Ways Of Confusion” LP & TS Out Now

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:58 am    Post subject: Sissy Spacek “Ways Of Confusion” LP & TS Out Now Reply with quote

OUT NOW!

Sissy Spacek “Ways of Confusion” LP
ANTI-GOTH 392

T Shirts are printed on Gildan brand shirts with discharge and aqueous ink. Available in sizes S to XXL while supply lasts. Printed by Inferno Screen Printing from NOLA.

(Description by C. Conrad)
Although Nuclear War Now! is primarily known for its output of black and death metal, as well as thrash and doom to a somewhat lesser extent, the label has on occasion ventured outside of this tendency when something particularly worthy has caught its ear. Such is the case with its release of Sissy Spacek’s “Ways of Confusion,” an album comprised of thirty-nine tracks of savage, unrelenting grindcore/noisecore, which serves as the follow-up to 2016’s “Disfathom.” The band’s current composition includes two members, John Wiese and Charlie Mumma, whose combined history boasts an impressive level of involvement in grindcore, noise, metal, and other related genres. Along with being the founder of Sissy Spacek, Wiese (bass/electronics/vocals) has performed and collaborated consistently across the American and international underground. Mumma (drums/vocals) was previously linked with NWN! as the drummer and a vocalist for Knelt Rote on its 2010 album, “Insignificant,” and its brilliant 2012 follow-up, “Trespass.” This duo’s collective breadth and depth of experience now manifests itself in Sissy Spacek´s thirtieth full-length album (depending on how you count), which is hereby released in the 20th anniversary year of the band´s prolific existence. Whereas many of the uninitiated would consider such an extensive discography a daunting task to investigate, there is no better point of departure than the present in this case. “Ways of Confusion” embodies all that makes grindcore and its related offshoots some of the most powerful forms of extreme music. In its essence, it is most dependent on and driven by its merciless attack. Indeed, on “Ways of Confusion,” there are no slow dirges, no mid-tempo reprieves, and no breakdowns. Instead, the assault-rifle-style velocity is only exacerbated by the precise starts and stops that punctuate each syncopated track. Meanwhile, the bass churns along at the same blistering pace as the drums, and the harsh electronic noise interspersed throughout creates a jolting, unsettling effect that blurs the line between extreme music and organized chaos. This maelstrom is even further accentuated by the agonizing vocals, which often alternate between or are counterpointed as high-pitched wails and low-frequency growls. For those who are willing and able to subject themselves to such atrocities in a live setting, Sissy Spacek has planned to tour both the U.S. in August and Japan in September, in celebration of its twentieth anniversary and in support of the album. For those who long for their own ruin but are unable or simply unwilling to undergo such a complete, self-imposed sentence of annihilation, “Ways of Confusion” will instead serve as the perfect intermediary solution.

-LISTEN-

500 copies pressed; 400 gold vinyl and 100 black vinyl.

Click here to order.

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

totemofskulls

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered! AOTY so far for me
treebeard

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Band rules, album rules. Saw them earlier this year with a free-form jazz outfit playing alongside them and it was one of the best shows I've ever seen. Orgasmic.
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

treebeard wrote:
Band rules, album rules. Saw them earlier this year with a free-form jazz outfit playing alongside them and it was one of the best shows I've ever seen. Orgasmic.

They're playing here on October 12th but I probably can't go. I have to wake up at 5 am the next day and work all day. Arghh

kalishane

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

T-shirt looks absolutely great!!!!!
Funeral Thirst

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very stoked this is out, mandatory purchase.
holy ghost

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck yeah. Best band, best people. Last two full length CDs Pitched Interventikn and L/L are both still available and excellent as well.
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The band will have copies on their upcoming tours in the US and Japan.

treebeard

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
treebeard wrote:

They're playing here on October 12th but I probably can't go. I have to wake up at 5 am the next day and work all day. Arghh

Their set might give you the energy to do that. Or wear you out, I don't know... Anyhow, hope it works out for you and sorry if it doesn't!!!!!!

Btw it took me over ten years to finally catch a set of theirs.
DISGUSTOR666

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great release!!!!!!! Cant wait to get ahold of one!
Out Now:
Blaspherian - "Infernal Warriors of Death", Necrophile - "Awakening Those Oppressed"
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DISGUSTOR666 wrote:
Great release!!!!!!! Cant wait to get ahold of one!

I'm glad you gave it a chance! A lot of metal people might be turned off by the name, but it's great grindcore once you get past that. They reside mostly in the noise/experimental space so the name makes sense in that context, I think. The visual aesthetic is definitely more noise/experimental than regular grind or metal.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: