P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

the Ebay is officially retarded thread part 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 286, 287, 288 ... 333, 334, 335  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'd think that people willing to pay $500 for an LP would know the difference between the actual cover art and the inner sleeve.
Aaattaack

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weltering in Blood wrote:
DSS wrote:
It's just someone looking/waiting for a sucker.

Offered a price to a seller on Discogs for a particular record with a stupid price and he mailed me back and pretty much said what you just said. At least he was honest hehe

more crazy m-rulez auctions on ebay
http://www.ebay.de/sch/m.html?item=400385554096&pt=B%C3%BCcher_Unterhaltung_Music_CDs&hash=item5d38d6b6b0&_ssn=m-rulez&_pgn=3&_skc=100&rt=nc

where does he get all these records??

He buys almost all his stuff from ebay.de. I'm quite sure his buying account is:

http://myworld.ebay.de/tristheim

actually most of the rare stuff here in germany goes to 7-8 different re-sellers one of these is also dr.pus ( mainly classic death/black metal records)
xyosefx

Location: We lived among the people. I think you say, convenience store. We lived above it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reaper's Grave wrote:
Not sure the history of this seller, but he's from germany. There's a ton of stuff that is probably old deadstock or just easier to find in this country. I remember seeing very often a lot of this stuff for half the price that i would be lucky to find it in USA for example, so i'm sure its easy to check shops in the country as often as possible and flip these for twice the price to international buyers.

Indeed. When I was in Berlin in 2011 I came across old Earache and Nuclear Blast titles in several non-metal record stores, all for pretty reasonable prices... original Bolt Thrower & Benediction LPs for 20-30 euros, stuff like that. All stuff I already had though.

Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
The_Elite

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Germany has always been the biggest world market for metal- I am sure in the 90's when vinyl wasn't cool anymore probably 90% of each pressing of now 'classic' stuff ended up there- which is why people like this guy ended up with masses of it.
DSS

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Canada vinyl was also very cheap throughout the 1990's. Banzai releases were priced as cheap as $3, even in the early 2000's I would still be able to find them for that cheap. The only Banzai releases that were kind of harder to find were the Bathory LPs. Once eBay got popular it all stopped. I wasn't able to find any more Metal LPs in those stores which I visited all my life. Most of them actually started to sell on eBay at that time. I visited one of them recently after probably 5 or 6 years and most of the Metal LPs were way overpriced. "South Of Heaven" priced at $25, "Creeping Death" priced at $80!!!!

This is the same store where I bought "Persecution Mania" still sealed copy for $4.99 back in the day and "Apocalyptic Raids" for $3.

I honestly thought about opening a very small store myself so that I could buy some 'sucker's' collection for $2 a piece, keep what I want and resell the rest for a good profit.
Reaper's Grave

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSS wrote:
In Canada vinyl was also very cheap throughout the 1990's. Banzai releases were priced as cheap as $3, even in the early 2000's I would still be able to find them for that cheap. The only Banzai releases that were kind of harder to find were the Bathory LPs. Once eBay got popular it all stopped. I wasn't able to find any more Metal LPs in those stores which I visited all my life. Most of them actually started to sell on eBay at that time. I visited one of them recently after probably 5 or 6 years and most of the Metal LPs were way overpriced. "South Of Heaven" priced at $25, "Creeping Death" priced at $80!!!!

This is the same store where I bought "Persecution Mania" still sealed copy for $4.99 back in the day and "Apocalyptic Raids" for $3.

I honestly thought about opening a very small store myself so that I could buy some 'sucker's' collection for $2 a piece, keep what I want and resell the rest for a good profit.

Ebay pretty much killed this in larger areas like canada and US where this was common for many years. Ebay made available the entire world to sell to and prices caught up. Not to mention the popularity in vinyl in general, kids gotta have these original pressings and will spend stupid money to get them, thus any store who would otherwise undervalue old metal LPs would be cleaned out fast anyway.
DSS

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Reaper's Grave:

I can't believe how much money some people are willing to spend on a record. I've sold a few LPs that have reached a ridiculous price tag. But I am not the one to judge, people can spend their money however they want - whatever makes them happy.

I do however kick myself in the ass for not buying something because I thought it was "too much" for a record. Warloghe "The First Possession" LP was offered to me for $50 years ago and I said no, that's too much. Look how much that LP sells for now. This is just one example. There is very few people who are willing to even negotiate a fair trade. I don't know how many people have send me links to popsike to show me how much their 'precious' LP sells for and that I should include something extra in the trade. I'm not saying let me have your original DSP pressing of the Burzum vinyl for "Show No Mercy" or "Kill'em All" but be reasonable and stop comparing prices on some auction site.
Numerator41

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300842230667?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Shocked
Holocaust

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Numerator41 wrote:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/300842230667?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Shocked

I saw that too, haha. Who would pay that much for this?
xyosefx

Location: We lived among the people. I think you say, convenience store. We lived above it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holocaust wrote:
Numerator41 wrote:

Shocked

I saw that too, haha. Who would pay that much for this?

I was bidding on that, &I was honestly shocked when it hit even $40... that's retarded.

Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
Numerator41

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's what, ten minutes of music on that tape? He had the Soothsayer demo up as well, that went for $200.
IntoGloryRide

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

goat_lord wrote:

This is also absurd: http://www.ebay.nl/itm/SATYRICON-Dark-Medieval-Times-LP-Burzum-Darkthrone-Mayhem-Emperor-Ulver-WATAIN-/330838733019#ht_500wt_1414

Holy shit ahah..
Myrkwidr

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.ebay.de/itm/321051677338?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
xyosefx

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Myrkwidr wrote:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/321051677338?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

I saw that as well. Ridiculous. Yosuke should make more & sell them in the webshop at normal prices...

IXTAB
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xyosefx wrote:
Myrkwidr wrote:

I saw that as well. Ridiculous. Yosuke should make more & sell them in the webshop at normal prices...

The band made those shirts for the fest.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 286, 287, 288 ... 333, 334, 335  Next
Page 287 of 335

Jump to: