P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

the Ebay is officially retarded thread part 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 329, 330, 331 ... 338, 339, 340  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Humus

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Endsieg wrote:
Judge "Chunk King can suck it" original 12" is up for 2'500$
actual bid and 6 days to go.

definitely bought the wrong records back in the day.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/JUDGE-CHUNG-KING-LP-ORIGINAL-LTD-100-YOUTH-OF-TODAY-SCHISM-/161175397421?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item2586cd642d

Held it in my hands once, that's the closest I'll ever come to owning this Razz

Glad I own the Darkthrone though Cool
blackarts

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humus wrote:
Endsieg wrote:
Judge "Chunk King can suck it" original 12" is up for 2'500$
actual bid and 6 days to go.

definitely bought the wrong records back in the day.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/JUDGE-CHUNG-KING-LP-ORIGINAL-LTD-100-YOUTH-OF-TODAY-SCHISM-/161175397421?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item2586cd642d

Held it in my hands once, that's the closest I'll ever come to owning this Razz

Glad I own the Darkthrone though Cool

we've got judge fans on this board? hell yeah!
Endsieg

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackarts wrote:

we've got judge fans on this board? hell yeah!

sure thing man!
Weltering in Blood

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been awhile since I looked in ebay, but the German, British and US ebay is fucked. If you serch for something in Vinyl, there's no auctions. At least VERY FEW auctions. The most have but it now prices or hilarious prices with Make Offer. The thing is a total waste of time.
Humus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look and thou shalt find. Some ebay-purchases from the last months:

Master's hammer - Ritual on Monitor (with the insert, to replace my copy missing the insert) $27
Massacre - From beyond in mint condition $20
Sepultura - Morbid visions on Cogumelo in near mint condition 40
Desaster - Hellfire's dominion 15

If you know a dealer that would sell these records for those prices I'd love to get his list...but it's true I had to go through thousands of uninteresting or overpriced auctions to get these.
DSS

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Humus

There's lots of good deals on eBay. Lately the Arckanum frenzy had disappeared. I saw original "Kampen" double CD on Necropolis described as NM sell for under $3 a few months ago. I'm sure it would sell for $40 to $50 if it was being sold by m-rules or dr.puss. People tend to bid more if it is a certain seller that has it up for grabs.
manes

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about an original first press Incantation demo won for 12 euros when brockboxer sold his second press for 138$? My friend got really lucky.
Ecstatic_Horror

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the hell is this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ROTTING-CHRIST-THY-MIGHTY-CONTRACT-CD-NEW-2014-EDITION-SIGNED-BY-THE-BAND-/301052227539?pt=Music_CDs&hash=item46181c6fd3
Weltering in Blood

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ecstatic_Horror wrote:
What the hell is this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ROTTING-CHRIST-THY-MIGHTY-CONTRACT-CD-NEW-2014-EDITION-SIGNED-BY-THE-BAND-/301052227539?pt=Music_CDs&hash=item46181c6fd3

isn't this that infamous rip off?
Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has the local label's "Raven Music" logo on the back and this label's owner organized 2 (or maybe even 3) Rotting Christ gigs here over the years (the last time was just a week ago), so it"s legit, for sure.
Zombie Dance

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A legit "signed" edition that is not sold for a jew price? Should we signal it to ebay? Maybe call the Neseblod police for intervention?
Black Mass Ritual
banned

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2014 Thy Mighty Contract?

Did I miss something here?
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weltering in Blood wrote:
Been awhile since I looked in ebay, but the German, British and US ebay is fucked. If you serch for something in Vinyl, there's no auctions. At least VERY FEW auctions. The most have but it now prices or hilarious prices with Make Offer. The thing is a total waste of time.

Discogs is the same way. Here's my two cents:

Most records aren't selling for the high prices they were say, 10 years ago. People do not want to accept that, so they cling to the idea that someday some idiot will pay these psycho prices. It wouldn't bug me if I didn't have to sift through these bullshit listings.

Example: There is a copy of "Black Metal Blitzkrieg" that keeps popping up on discogs for nearly 300 bucks. That LP might have sold for that years ago on a good day. Nowadays it never goes for much more than 150, that is when someone is actually willing to let people bid on one. I'd imagine that this seller paid 200-250 for it and can't bear to take the hit now.

I think everybody is just looking to sell, sell, sell now. Not related to ebay exactly but I've also noticed fewer and fewer threads in the trade section that aren't all sales.
DSS

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoldenBull wrote:

Most records aren't selling for the high prices they were say, 10 years ago. People do not want to accept that, so they cling to the idea that someday some idiot will pay these psycho prices. It wouldn't bug me if I didn't have to sift through these bullshit listings.

Example: There is a copy of "Black Metal Blitzkrieg" that keeps popping up on discogs for nearly 300 bucks. That LP might have sold for that years ago on a good day. Nowadays it never goes for much more than 150, that is when someone is actually willing to let people bid on one. I'd imagine that this seller paid 200-250 for it and can't bear to take the hit now.

I think everybody is just looking to sell, sell, sell now. Not related to ebay exactly but I've also noticed fewer and fewer threads in the trade section that aren't all sales.

Most of the stuff I sell on eBay has a BUY IT NOW price with MAKE AN OFFER feature. And yes my prices are pathetic! I do this on purpose to get people's attention. I might list something for $666 with MAKE AN OFFER feature. And I noticed that I sell more this way compared to an auction style listing on eBay. Just an example; if I want $30 for an LP and I start the auction at $30 it will end with zero bids. If I list it for 30 days with a BUY IT NOW price for $200 and allow people to make offers then someone most likely will offer me $40 or $50 for it. I believe it's just human nature to see a $200 price and they are tempted to make an offer that I might NOT accept when compared to the $200 mark. I've been lucky to get some good offers this way.

I used to start my auctions at $0.99 but too many times something would get only 1 bid. I'm not asking for a huge profit. I'm actually happy with just breaking even but when the LP or CD sells for $0.99 minus eBay and PayPal fees I am left with only a few cents.
Luxixul Sumering

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSS wrote:
GoldenBull wrote:

Most of the stuff I sell on eBay has a BUY IT NOW price with MAKE AN OFFER feature. And yes my prices are pathetic! I do this on purpose to get people's attention. I might list something for $666 with MAKE AN OFFER feature. And I noticed that I sell more this way compared to an auction style listing on eBay. Just an example; if I want $30 for an LP and I start the auction at $30 it will end with zero bids. If I list it for 30 days with a BUY IT NOW price for $200 and allow people to make offers then someone most likely will offer me $40 or $50 for it. I believe it's just human nature to see a $200 price and they are tempted to make an offer that I might NOT accept when compared to the $200 mark. I've been lucky to get some good offers this way.

I used to start my auctions at $0.99 but too many times something would get only 1 bid. I'm not asking for a huge profit. I'm actually happy with just breaking even but when the LP or CD sells for $0.99 minus eBay and PayPal fees I am left with only a few cents.

That's a very good analogy of how you put things together. made so much sense. Sometimes you can lure in a total idiot if the price is set to 300$. Seems like people always go for the pricey stuff and thence make a high offer and let lucky. Sometimes you gotta be lucky to lure these suckers in for a high price.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 329, 330, 331 ... 338, 339, 340  Next
Page 330 of 340

Jump to: