P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Reissues on Tape
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ross Liew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reissues on Tape Reply with quote

Am wondering if anyone cares for Tape format anymore? I still see a lot of underground labels releasing tape albums. Its also analog but is it still a valid format to be taken seriously i.e. in the same league as vinyl?

Which album would you guys/girls like to see re-issued on tape format with special packaging included?
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sell plenty of demo tapes still.

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Reissues on Tape Reply with quote

Ross Liew wrote:
Am wondering if anyone cares for Tape format anymore? I still see a lot of underground labels releasing tape albums. Its also analog but is it still a valid format to be taken seriously i.e. in the same league as vinyl?

Which album would you guys/girls like to see re-issued on tape format with special packaging included?

Blasphemy and Beherit

or any LLN stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless it's a demo recording obtained directly from independent bands, home-made tapes don't have any value to me, even with professional paperwork / inserts.

Too bad that most of the so called "tape-labels" use to release nothing but professionally printed inserts these days... when you think "ok, great i'll get 10 tapes for my distro from that guy" and receive nothing but 10 inserts with an audio CD-r for you to dub the tapes yourself, that's fucking frustrating...

But professional releases, when BOTH insert and tapes are factory made
( just like the Sodomizer "The dead walk" tape released a few years ago by Horror Records ), yeah, that kind of tape release is still great IMO.

All in all, every format is great when done in the right way, this means, totally professional ... Be it tape, cd or vinyl... Otherwise it makes no sense to me.
Ross Liew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

julio_brasil wrote:
Unless it's a demo recording obtained directly from independent bands, home-made tapes don't have any value to me, even with professional paperwork / inserts.

Too bad that most of the so called "tape-labels" use to release nothing but professionally printed inserts these days... when you think "ok, great i'll get 10 tapes for my distro from that guy" and receive nothing but 10 inserts with an audio CD-r for you to dub the tapes yourself, that's fucking frustrating...

But professional releases, when BOTH insert and tapes are factory made
( just like the Sodomizer "The dead walk" tape released a few years ago by Horror Records ), yeah, that kind of tape release is still great IMO.

All in all, every format is great when done in the right way, this means, totally professional ... Be it tape, cd or vinyl... Otherwise it makes no sense to me.

Point taken. I've listened to home dubbed tapes before and with a good quality tape, the sound's pretty much excellent. I think its the person/label releasing who needs to put in the effort to make it a good one irrespective whether its pro-made or dubbed. Of course i also disagree with those who just give you a CD-r to dub it yourself. The tape has to be pre-dubbed and nicely packaged before selling/trading it.
Ross Liew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Reissues on Tape Reply with quote

Heinousterror wrote:
Ross Liew wrote:

Blasphemy and Beherit

or any LLN stuff.

Yes, 2 totally relevant bands for analog releases..hmmm..wonder if Yosuke will mind a tape release of FAOD? Very Happy

Btw, what's LLN?
Ross Liew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
I sell plenty of demo tapes still.

Any of those you care to recommend as essential listening for a properly packaged release?
Antichristhammerfist

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah tape is still a great format. !!!! my favourite at the moment is the IGNIVOMOUS demo. fucking killer DM from Australia.
Blackmetalhed213

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Reissues on Tape Reply with quote

Ross Liew wrote:

Btw, what's LLN?

The French black legions.

Les Legiones Noire.
bmdk666

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked the music and I thought the little cdr was cool too.

Deathevokation - Blood Demo 2005

Ross Liew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, LLN...i kinda like Deathspell Omega "kenose"! Got the latest Antaeus as well but find it a little harsh for my taste..perhaps its a grower but i haven't had the time to sit through the whole album at one go. Kinda liked the last album they did with Osmose though.

Deathevokation - is that like old school death metal?
CR99

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Susvourtre are sick, really. I love the demo.

Despite that 75% of LLN were crap.

Exceptions maybe Vlad Tepes (only their Split with Belketre was really good), A.K., Brenoritvrezorkre, Moevot...hm yeah I think that's all.

Mütiilation are quite overrated, even the old stuff.

For tapes, I heard they will be gone from market soon (at least here in Germany), which is a pity. I like that format, but I ever fear their durability...
In Indonesia, Malaysia etc. most stuff is released on tapes what I heard.
Ross Liew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, i would say it's a dying format, inevitable really especially with the growing internet connectivity.

Even in Malaysia, the tapes manufactured for each release gets lesser and lesser. In fact, most releases don't get the tape version as it doesn't sell that well..unless its LinkinPark Rolling Eyes

Honestly, i'm planning to establish a tape label not because i'm trying to revive the format but more because i want to bring back the feeling of the tape trading days but in a more professional manner with extra effort put into packaging and limiting the quantity produced.

Do you guys/girls think the tapes will be accepted by analog lovers, in addition to vinyl records?
Mz412

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Factory made tapes are good, but they are like
normal Tapes and not in a Way like Demo Tapes.

I like Tapes, but if the Music are avaible on other Formats,
like Vinyl, i buy the Vinyl for sure, not the Tape.

If anybody want to re release Tapes, please go for old
Demo Tapes like Ildjarn, Arckanum, Mayhem, Mysticum
and so on.
Nocturnal Deathstrike

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tapes still rule. No matter if professional or home dubbed.
People do those master / cover trades to save postage and itīs a good way since to me it doesnīt matter if I have SONY tape buyed in Chile or Germany ! But I donīt dub much demos myself anymore since itīs really a pain in the ass on a big scale, I try to get dubbed copies for the distro.

I donīt think tapes will die, just like vinyl they will always be there. OK, there may be one point when you canīt buy blank tapes in the supermarket anymore but you will always be able to buy them online somewhere...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: