P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Do you use Emule or others to check out records?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goab

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:19 am    Post subject: Do you use Emule or others to check out records? Reply with quote

I'm not fond of Emule at all but with so much shit being released nowadays and with so many legendary records missed all over the years (impossible to know them all), I'm using this lame damn thing as an useful tool to choose what to buy and what I should avoid.

Of course there are certain exceptions since I still love the risk of picking up an album and face if it's worth the money or not, but cash is limited and I've had storaged a reasonable amount of LPs during all these years of heavy metal hunting that doesn't deserve much more than 2 or 3 listenings.
TryMyTrust

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just use soulseek.

what makes emule better?
CR99

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did 2 years ago when I was new to metal genre but I gave it up. Lame as shit and I actually fear there are some policemen knocking on my doors as there were much warnings about that and no need for that shit.

I load some shit on anus.com and thecorroseum.com, interesting and rare stuff.

I did some tape trading too but my double tape deck went nuts a few months ago Sad
R_R_BASTARD_

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

never used..i prefer tape trading..or if tapes aren't wellcome, a CDR trading...

"....ONE BY ONE...WE'LL TAKE YOU...."

Last edited by R_R_BASTARD_ on Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Goab

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TryMyTrust wrote:
just use soulseek.

what makes emule better?

Nothing, actually Emule is the only one that I've used for no specific reasons

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use soulseek to download some my lps... becouse sometimes I don't want to consume my precious stuff for an "easy listening" Laughing

for the new stuff I usually listen the samples...

but yes agree with RR, tape trading til death!
Thorgrim

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on the band. If the band has a really steady output of quality albums, then I'll buy it without downloading the album first. But with some bands, I'll download the album first. If I like it, I buy it. If I don't, then I delete it from my computer.

Most of the time I look for normal uploads. I don't like p2p programs. Those shitty programs always make my computer go loopy.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hail Emule and DC++, the greatest things since sliced bread. Why would anyone fork cash on something if he's not sure he'll like it. Besides, most modern bands have no more than 1 decent song per album if even and there's no way in hell I'm willing to spend 15 for 5 minutes of decent music. Emule made me save lots of money, fuck those who say it rips artists off, let labels/bands release better music and i'll be glad to buy originals (whcih i still do whenever the albums deserves it)
Goab

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Necroferox 8-9-3 wrote:
I use soulseek to download some my lps... becouse sometimes I don't want to consume my precious stuff for an "easy listening" Laughing

for the new stuff I usually listen the samples...

but yes agree with RR, tape trading til death!

Samples are useful, no doubt about it. I alway have heavily supported tape trading but I don't have the time nor the energy nowadays to do it as I'd like.
dronevil

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont like emule as it's really usage-consuming (i only have 20g usage oer month)
i usually use bitorrent or downloading from webspaces like rapidshare or so, and i use slsk to search for rarities.
Crows In Black

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emule just has different stuff than soulseek. The only place I could find any KAT stuff was on emule (found the whole discography), and also Death SS videos (but I could only find their albums on soulseek).

I only download for 2 reasons:

1. To see if I like the band before I buy anything (i will always buy original copies if I like it, if I dont like it I will delete it)

2. To make MP3 discs for playing in my car, for example, I have most of the Toxic Holocaust stuff on vinyl, but If i want to listen in my car it is faster to just download the mp3's and burn them (my car plays mp3 discs) than to rip the vinyl to a cd, then seperate the tracks on my PC, then re-burn the cd.
thrashbeast

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fucking loathe those who download music from filesharing programs. I don't care if it is just to check out an album before you purchase it. Plenty of bands nowadays are making samples of everything they've released available via MySpace or their own websites. You don't need to hear ever second of the album to make up your mind as to whether you want to purchase it. Besides, I think it ruins the experience knowing what's around the corner so to speak.

The bottom line is that if you don't buy and support this music, you shouldn't have anything to do with it. I don't necessarily mind those who share rarities and such. I actually prefer to wait until I find the real thing. There are a good number of used music stores around me and I've found plenty of rare gems over the years. It wouldn't have been the same if I would have downloaded these albums before hand on my computer before I got a chance to experience the music, artwork and packaging first hand. I guess it's just a personal preference.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never have nor will I ever download an album to see if I like it or not. I don't find that necessary, I've been into Metal for 20 years now and before all this computer stuff you couldn't just check it out and decide later. Due to that I learned to trust my instincts and buy something, it it sucks oh well, but for the most part I've never failed, Besides, with all these message boards and such nowadays you can easily ask anyone with similar tastes what they think and if they recommend it. I have some trusted sources that I would not ever doubt, if they say it's good then it's good, if they say it's just ok then I got to check it out for myself but that means buying the item. I suppose I'm old-school that way, and I only need to hear like 5 seconds of a song to know if I like the sounds coming from the speakers. Ave Sathanas666
Crows In Black

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you are forgetting, especially in the USA, you cant just walk into a record store and find any good music.......90% of record stores in America are nothing but a bunch of crap. And how do you expect people in USA to find foreign releases in ANY store? Its like when Yosuke decided to release the KAT 666 LP, people are saying "oh thats not even rare, thats easy to find"....well guess what, if you live in the USA it IS very fucking hard to find! And Im not going to pay 50 to 100 dollars or more for some rare foreign LP then have it turn out to be some shit I never listen to when I can download it first to see if I even like the band before I potentially waste a lot of money.

Sorry, but even if you download something, as long as you buy it afterwards you are STILL supporting the band. That is like saying "if you buy a record used from a used record store, the money is just going to the record store, the band doesn't get any money". Not to mention bands make almost NO money off record sales to begin with.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crows In Black wrote:
you are forgetting, especially in the USA, you cant just walk into a record store and find any good music.......90% of record stores in America are nothing but a bunch of crap. And how do you expect people in USA to find foreign releases in ANY store? Its like when Yosuke decided to release the KAT 666 LP, people are saying "oh thats not even rare, thats easy to find"....well guess what, if you live in the USA it IS very fucking hard to find! And Im not going to pay 50 to 100 dollars or more for some rare foreign LP then have it turn out to be some shit I never listen to when I can download it first to see if I even like the band before I potentially waste a lot of money.

Sorry, but even if you download something, as long as you buy it afterwards you are STILL supporting the band. That is like saying "if you buy a record used from a used record store, the money is just going to the record store, the band doesn't get any money". Not to mention bands make almost NO money off record sales to begin with.

couldn't have said it better. those who come up with those moronic 'bohoooooo the artists will starvate if you don't buy it' remarks are just cunts with far too much money to waste in their pockets. And please someone explain me where the difference is between tape trading and emule, does the first make your wannabeoldalcoholicmetalbanger show more respectable? it's still about listening to music without paying for it so stfu.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: