P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Do you use Emule or others to check out records?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nukklear Superion wrote:
I never have nor will I ever download an album to see if I like it or not. I don't find that necessary, I've been into Metal for 20 years now and before all this computer stuff you couldn't just check it out and decide later. Due to that I learned to trust my instincts and buy something, it it sucks oh well, but for the most part I've never failed, Besides, with all these message boards and such nowadays you can easily ask anyone with similar tastes what they think and if they recommend it. I have some trusted sources that I would not ever doubt, if they say it's good then it's good, if they say it's just ok then I got to check it out for myself but that means buying the item. I suppose I'm old-school that way, and I only need to hear like 5 seconds of a song to know if I like the sounds coming from the speakers. Ave Sathanas666

HAHA I bet this geek is thermonuclearjackhammer from the fmp666 board
thrashbeast

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crows In Black wrote:
you are forgetting, especially in the USA, you cant just walk into a record store and find any good music.......90% of record stores in America are nothing but a bunch of crap. And how do you expect people in USA to find foreign releases in ANY store? Its like when Yosuke decided to release the KAT 666 LP, people are saying "oh thats not even rare, thats easy to find"....well guess what, if you live in the USA it IS very fucking hard to find! And Im not going to pay 50 to 100 dollars or more for some rare foreign LP then have it turn out to be some shit I never listen to when I can download it first to see if I even like the band before I potentially waste a lot of money.

I live in the US and there used to be a really great store I would buy all my music at before I even had a computer. I didn't have any trouble at all getting imports and this was back in the mid to late nineties which was when I had a lot more money to spend on music. Keep in mind, I do live in a fairly large city and this was before the place went out of business a few years back when Napster was booming and everyone who had a computer stopped buying music and started downloading.

As is the case now, most all imports were not packaged up (the store put them in plastic bags when they went on the shelves). I could pretty much take anything up to the counter and they'd let me check it out on a portable CD player they had set up in the store for the used CD customers. This was how I checked out new music. Heh, and now that I think about it, it really isn't that much different than downloading an album off the internet to sample it.

The thing is though, it's not that people are just doing this, it's the fact that all they do is download and not buy music. They'll just make CDs and overnight they will have become a metal aficionado. It makes me cherish what I've gone through to obtain the albums I own. It was so much more fun back in the day discovering something first hand and not just looking it up on the internet. Not to mention, obtaining all those albums when they came out and not just going to eBay to buy them. It's so fucking easy and sterile these days to find out anything, or buy anything, or discover anything with the internet. Downloading music is a big part of that and I think that's why I'm so bitter towards it. It ruins the overall experience.

LexTalionis wrote:

couldn't have said it better. those who come up with those moronic 'bohoooooo the artists will starvate if you don't buy it' remarks are just cunts with far too much money to waste in their pockets. And please someone explain me where the difference is between tape trading and emule, does the first make your wannabeoldalcoholicmetalbanger show more respectable? it's still about listening to music without paying for it so stfu.

I don't necessarily think they'll starve and I didn't even say that. No one did. And again, I don't even buy half as much music as I did ten years ago. I've been around long enough to know what I like, have some good friends who are into the same music I am and share a lot of it with me, and I'm aware of resources on the net where I can sample music if I want to hear it. I have no need to download full albums. Even that dude above could have checked out Kat samples on their MySpace page. One song off of 666 pretty much sums up that whole album. Why do you need the whole thing? I don't buy that shit about people not wanting to spend money on only 15 good minutes worth of music. That's what happens when you throw away your cash on band of the month garbage. Download that shit all you want. The Kat album is fucking classic, though. Buy or fucking die. The same goes for much of everything Yosuke has released (although I'm not really into Bone Awl or Villains).

I don't know why I still bother. I argue about this shit every chance I get and I never have turned someone off to downloading and been able to persuade them to uninstall that shit from their computer.
minge-eater

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Crows In Black"]you are forgetting, especially in the USA, you cant just walk into a record store and find any good music.......90% of record stores in America are nothing but a bunch of crap. And how do you expect people in USA to find foreign releases in ANY store? Its like when Yosuke decided to release the KAT 666 LP, people are saying "oh thats not even rare, thats easy to find"....well guess what, if you live in the USA it IS very fucking hard to find! And Im not going to pay 50 to 100 dollars or more for some rare foreign LP then have it turn out to be some shit I never listen to when I can download it first to see if I even like the band before I potentially waste a lot of money.

fucking moaning yanks, go get a cheese burger

TRUE KVNT
Descension twat of the year
dronevil

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there are shitloads of stuff i want to listen and it is not very practical to buy all of them at once, i'll just get whatever is easy and decent enough to get and download the rest.
Goab

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I download something it's with the purspose of making a potential purchase later on. I won't start quoting each one of your statements here but I certainly agree with various of the views you've explained. For example:

1- I've downloaded ceratin albums that I've got on vinyl for listening to on my car as well. I already paid for them when bought the original so I'm not hurting anyone. The final goal is to BUY the original and veen sometimes, I buy the rtecord on CD too (Goatlord, Ares Kingdom, etc.)

2- If I'm gonna pay a shitload of cash for a rare record I want to listen to it on its enterity. Yes,. I also have got a sort kind of blind faith on certain reviewers and a very samll selection of forums like this one, but one thing is paying $15 for a brand new album while spending $50 or even more is a total different chapter. What could be cult for someone else couldn't be for me.

3- Difference betweeen tape trading and E-mule? either if you tape trade with other people worldwide or with your own close firends, the law at least on my case, was to have a certain amount od originals you can offer to others. That's how I used to deal with this. When I used to go to a friend's house in the old days and borrowing from him 10 records for home dubbing many of them were originals and so I did. Be others or me, we always bought something. Nowadays there are loads of brainless shitheads with thousands of discographies on mp3 that have never bought an album. That's what bothers me most of the whole thing.

4- Nothing can beat the feeling of finding an sought after record that is among your top wants on a record store, I can not discuss nor argue about that. It's a sort kind of orgasmic we all know so well. Downloading or even purchasing via on line will never be the same. On the other hand we know the pros and cons of the e-comerce. Not to mention of the file sharing
Haagenti

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont like mp3. according to me mp3 and myspace is killing underground. cause of them, underground is closing to popluler culture day by day. I would like to felicitate you becuse most of you are servant of underground. you know very vell that in metal album = lp, demo = tape. In this fuckin muslim cuntry, there are 70 million people but only I listen underground metal lps. there were 5-10 people like me few years ago. but all of them quit to buy lp cause of mp3. All of them say same thing "mp3 is free why we paid hundreds fot lp? are we stupid? no". So fuck them.
I dont like mp3 as I said. but I must use dc++ or rapidshare sometimes for checking out the records. because the nearest metal shop is 300 km far away at me. and there is only one metal shop who sells vinly(only hm vinlys) in turkey.(its 500 km far away). and you can find rarely underground band cds in here. most of cds are mainstream gotic, doom bands' or mainstream deathgrind, some grindcore bands' cds. I use mp3 only for checking the record before order form hellsheadbangers, legion of death, nwn or somebody who sells lp. excuse me for my bad english but when I will escape then this fuckin wasteland I will quit to listen mp3.and in shortly album = lp.

Last edited by Haagenti on Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:18 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goab wrote:
Nowadays there are loads of brainless shitheads with thousands of discographies on mp3 that have never bought an album. That's what bothers me most of the whole thing.

I see your point and certainly agree. On a very personal level I'm lucky enough to have a collection of over 1,000 lps (bought or traded) so I don't think one can accuse me of being a thief of music if I dl a few cds. As I said I'll always buy the original if the album deserves it, sad enough these days not many records do.
Crows In Black

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

minge-eater wrote:

Actually I would rather eat some British food.......oh wait a minute, IT ALL TASTES LIKE DOG SHIT! Sorry, I forgot.
Goab

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LexTalionis wrote:
Goab wrote:
Nowadays there are loads of brainless shitheads with thousands of discographies on mp3 that have never bought an album. That's what bothers me most of the whole thing.

I see your point and certainly agree. On a very personal level I'm lucky enough to have a collection of over 1,000 lps (bought or traded) so I don't think one can accuse me of being a thief of music if I dl a few cds. As I said I'll always buy the original if the album deserves it, sad enough these days not many records do.

We're for sure on the same league. All of us belong to it on a way or another, at least when it comes to the people on this forum despite the fact that we don't share the same views in aspects like the use of the technology thing.

What we all have got in common is that we deeply feel that having the music is not enough, you have to OWN the format no matter what. If you came accross a certain album that was crucial for you 10 years ago and which you got via tape trading or whatever, in the end you'll always need to have it original.

Let me tell you a funny but representative story. My uncle who is 45 has never bought an album on his entire life, he downloads everything (movies, records, software...). My uncle is actually my neighbourgh as well and when I moved to my current home and displayed my full record collection on my room for it, he was perplexed: seeing circa 1500 LPs, hunderes of 7" EPs, box stes, tapes, CDs the only thing he was able to say "Have you really bought all this?" While he has never paid for a simple song on his entire life he couldn't believe that someone has spent thousand of bucks during two decades as a passion.
minge-eater

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crows In Black wrote:
minge-eater wrote:

Actually I would rather eat some British food.......oh wait a minute, IT ALL TASTES LIKE DOG SHIT! Sorry, I forgot.

hahah, obviously you know what dog shit tastes like

TRUE KVNT
Descension twat of the year

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Lex Talionis, what the fuck? What's with the insult. I don't know you and you don't know me why are you calling me a geek? NO I don't post on the mfp board under any name so I'm not that person you named. My post is a fact and it was not meant to teach a lesson, simply stating what works for ME. FUCK OFF!!!!![/quote]
Dodens Grav

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't downloaded in years, but I occasionally have people upload me a few tracks from an album that I'm interested in hearing but not sure if I'd like. However, there are a lot of vinyl-only releases that I would love to have on mp3 format/ripped to CD, but I can rarely find these, such as the Blood Harvest and Nuclear Winter 7"es and the stuff that Yosuke only releases on vinyl, like Tudor, Heathen Hoof, etc. There's just something about listening to mp3s of something that I don't own that rubs me the wrong way though, I don't know what it is. I guess it's just a personal thing. I'll listen to something to see if I would be willing to spend money on it, and then I delete it and buy it. That is, in the rare instances where I don't just blind buy or check out mp3s on the band's/label's website/myspace.
CR99

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neutral
Crows In Black

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minge-eater wrote:
Crows In Black wrote:
minge-eater wrote:

hahah, obviously you know what dog shit tastes like

im eating some right now

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. I usually listen to samples or read a few reviews to make up my mind. It's pretty risky, being here in the very ass of the world, but nothing beats the feeling of buying the right stuff. In the other hand, nothing beats the feeling of stupidity when what you bought turns out to be shit, haha.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: