P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

middle age crisis
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
masters_throne

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gravesnatcher wrote:
Well I get the opposite feeling on this Forum.I feel everyone is pretty young comparitively speaking.I am 37 years and it seems that when you post a Topic of "older Metal" that I get few responses.For example when I posted a Topic on NWOBHM noone had any rare singles.They were all either very common or Phoenix Records bootleg shit.

Well, I could have answered, but I had lack of time.

I am still on the hunt of singles/albums from Jameson Reid ("Seven Days of Splendour" is a killer), Wolf, Bleack House, Sledgehammer, Quartz (I love "Count Dracula" and almost everything else), Bleack etc. There are thousands out there. Ebay UK has some cheap ones, but also some expensieve ones that I cannot affort right now, but I will when time will come. Send me a PM if you want to talk about it further or bump that thread...

= KILL I =
= KILL II =
CR99

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gravesnatcher wrote:
Phoenix Records bootleg shit.

Hey it's the original EP! Very Happy
DESECRATOR777

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IM 36 YEARS OLD.
FIRST METAL LP'S I HEARD [I WAS 7] BLACK SABBATH PARANOID, KISS DESTROYER, RAINBOW RISING, DEEP PURPLE BURN.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

24. My mother's favorite band has been Metallica for as long as I can remember (in fact, for her 50th birthday recently my sister and I bought her tickets to go see them for her first time. Even though there was a lot of garbage played, they opened with "Battery" and this pleased her greatly). I remember my mom's stoner buddies teaching me and their own sons what it meant to "air guitar" and "headbang" when I was about five, while listening to Blizzard of Ozz. When I hit puberty, there was this other kid in my neighborhood who gave me a Pantera cd, and not long afterward my mom came home from the grocery store with the December '96 copy of Metal Maniacs (which I had never heard of and had never asked for) with the explanation that it looked like something I would like. Inside I found out about mailorder distros and read about this guy named Quorthon. And it just continues getting bleaker every fucking year!
CR99

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey my father played in a thrash band when i was 5,6 and i was in their room, sometimes i was allowed to play on the drums for fun he he. he was into slayer and metallica a lot.
that was pretty cool i still remember one part of one of their own songs their practised, it was ok from my view today but unfortunately i forgot what the bands name was.
Nocturnal Deathstrike

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

snaps666 wrote:
When I was a kid, my mother thought AC/DC was the worst noice she ever heard... She had no idea what the future would bring, haha...

I remember when I played the CONQUEROR album once and my grandfather looked into my roon and asked if I didnt want to find a channel for the radio Laughing

Started with lending Fear of the dark on cassette from the local library. Had stolen AC/DC, METALLICA, ACCEPT and TANKARD tapes from some older guys club house with a friend, then got into SEPULTURA and all the death metal around in that time.
kngnve

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm 34. I'm mostly into hardcore/punk these days, but I still listen to old school metal and I used to be heavily involved in the death metal tape trading scene of the late 80s/early 90s.

The metal album that changed my life was Slayer's "Reign in Blood" back when it came out in 1986. I was 13, and I can't think of a better record as an introduction to extreme/underground music.
The_Elite

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

29 years young, and like most Englanders I got into metal through Maiden- mainly through a friends brother and his mates who were a few years older and had long hair/ leather jackets etc (when I was about 13/14).

There are plenty of you out there that put my metal knowledge to shame, and are a lot younger than me. Bastards.
dronevil

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i turned 18 about 2 weeks ago
thrashbeast

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

29 here.
illomen

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: middle age crisis Reply with quote

passetiermes wrote:
Just out of curiosity; How old are you guys (and girls?) ? When browsing this forum I get the feeling that Im one of the youngest ( 29 years old) on this forum.
Whereas on some other forums (no need to mention names Very Happy ) I feel really old. But in here I feel like a novice.
And what was the record that sucked you into metal and the question that my mother asks; are you ever going to grow up?

there are girls on this forum?

im 29. when i was like three my mom used to play acdc all the time and i used to walk around saying "tnt dynomaite" all the time apparently. i dont remember it though. my cocksucker first stepdad gave me a tape of ozzy :the ultimate sin when i was in third grade and that really was what got me into metal. i found my moms old copy of diary of madman in her collection and started getting into early randy rhoades era ozzy, irmon maiden, etc etc etc.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm 16
Mitch339

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im 19...was always mostly into punk rock and got into metal from watching Skate Videos and liked what I heard (I was about 12 at the time and heard stuff like Dimmu Borgir) eventually searched for more and more dark stuff, ended up being obsessed with Black Metal for about 3 years (Emperor, Mayhem, Darkthrone, Graveland, Krieg, Absurd, Burzum), but as time has gone on, I have broadened my interest into mostly all types of metal and some non-metal aswell. (Dark Ambient, Neofolk, etc..)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hails, I'm 29 and my first taste in Metal was in '84 when I saw the Twisted Sister video for "We're not gonna take it" and it changed my life. I was only 6 but I swore I would one day look and be like the people in the video. I guess it was the whole rebellious thing or something but then again even as a kid I was always into the dark side of things, even my favourite cartoons I always cheered for the bad guys. I would eventually start to listen to Metal for real around mid '87 with stuff like def leppard and crap like that but within a couple of months I've been introduced to Iron Maiden, King Diamond, Slayer and stuff. Been in the scene for 20 years and counting....No I don't think I'll ever grow up or out of it. Unfortunately I grew up in Guatemala which means exposure was hard and buying things in the 80s was out of the question for me, so as soon as I moved to Canada in Oct. '91 I started my collection for real.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

23 but I have the same problem of Avenger eheh
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: