P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Suggest zine
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sadomizer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:50 am    Post subject: Suggest zine Reply with quote

Is there anyone who have to suggest any irriverent and outrageous zine from the world???

For me the one who surely deserve a good read (drinking beer and listening a good vinyl Laughing )are:

HELLPIKE (Germany)
FRANANG (France) (but I hope Eric re-begin with a print one and not only on the web!!)
DESECRATION OF VIRGIN (Germany) (pure Kult)
TALES OF THE MACABRE (Germany)
ETERNAL FIRE (France)

and without any dubt:
SLAYER MAGAZINE
SNAKEPIT

Leave contact address when possible!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really enjoy the Necromaniac 'zine from Germany and the Black Plague 666 from Thailand.

and naturally the mighty Isten mag... but I need more pages!
Stygian Shadows 'zine

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: Suggest zine Reply with quote

Sadomizer wrote:
Is there anyone who have to suggest any irriverent and outrageous zine from the world???

For me the one who surely deserve a good read (drinking beer and listening a good vinyl Laughing )are:

HELLPIKE (Germany)
FRANANG (France) (but I hope Eric re-begin with a print one and not only on the web!!)
ETERNAL FIRE (France)

and without any dubt:
SLAYER MAGAZINE
SNAKEPIT

I'd offer you our long-time existing (since 1996) zine if you would speak hungarian, he-he...
Hellfire Commando

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want, I have a few copies of my last fanzine, "Morbid Tales #5" left! It's cut'n'paste, but this one is pro-printed (well, not offset but digital print). It was made almost entirely by hand, while drinking beer. (Features Ohio's Black Death, Blood Ceremony, Weapon, Celtic Frost, Ares Kingdom, Midnight, Maniac, Demontage, Dream Death, Devastation (Yug), Trench Hell, Witchtrap...) I'm working on a new one as we speak.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Morbid Tales is great, support Annick ^^ I still never got issue 4 and 5 though.. damn it haha

anyway, besides the ones mentioned already, I guess some that you could check out are (as far as I know some of em are unactive these days, but I got these, so maybe you can at least track down older editions):
Evilution (Denmark) (I think they are working on issue 3 currently)
Tornado (Denmark)
Ancient Spirit Terror (Germany)
Pitchfork (Germany)
Canadian Assault (USA)
Leather N Spikes (Canada)
Mutilating Process (France)
Thrash Attack (Germany) (made by young German thrash maniac Flo who deserves the support!)
Hellthrashing Newsletter (Chile) (made by Carlos/Kuravilu Productions, I really liked this, just metal, no bullshit, cool old style layout, cool bands)
No Copyright (USA)
Psicoterror (Peru) (sometimes dont know what to think about all the ideology stuff, but anyway good content overall and good English/questions, especially for a Peruvian zine)

I also heard good things about Oaken Throne, but I still need to get an issue of this
oh yeah and what about Fall To Your Knees Pissing?

And of course must do a little self-promo here, ehehe, Ive got a little zine out since shitsmas 2006, called Rugged Rendezvous, description from my mailorder:
First issue of this English written zine from Holland! Includes interviews with Enforcer (Sweden), Front Beast (Germany), Victimizer from Denmark (2x! A previously unprinted one from 2005 and a recent one which is one of the last ones with them since they are pretty much R.I.P!), Pagan Rites (Sweden), Heimdalls Wacht (Germany) and Pentacle (Holland). Besides this there are also 2 live reports and some ads. All in all 36 pages of underground cut'n'paste and handdrawn layout A5 size xeroxed hell. Limited to 666 handnumbered copies. Each copy comes with compilation CD-R featuring the interviewed bands plus some more (10 tracks in total).

its available for 3 euro from my distro

I guess Ill post some pictures
CR99

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deadhead zine from malaysia is good
prayers book from TFH is good also, but the english!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: Suggest zine Reply with quote

Sadomizer wrote:

HELLPIKE (Germany)
ETERNAL FIRE (France)

and without any dubt:
SLAYER MAGAZINE
SNAKEPIT

I’ll toot my own horn, and drop my own zine’s name: “Gallery of the Grotesque”. If you want a zine with substance- black sarcasm, entertaining interviews and TONS of great metal/occult info then you’d be hard pressed to find anything else that can top it.

A few other zines out right now that I like:

-The Sinister Flame
-Oaken Throne
-Wheresmyskin
-Convivial Hermit

Last edited by Guest on Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: Suggest zine Reply with quote

Wilhelm wrote:
I’ll toot my own horn, and drop my own zine’s name: “Gallery of the Grotesque”. If you want a zine with substance- black sarcasm, entertaining interviews and TONS of great metal/occult info then you’d be hard pressed to find anything else that can top it.

hmm, sounds good
are you up for trading as well?
Hellfire Commando

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good list, San!!! I still don't have your fanzine either... shit, I have more money now, we should do a trade or something! I got like 30 #5's left. Haha. I really dig the Hellthrashing Newsletter by the way - it has such a pure feeling to it!

Anyway, Wilhelm - is there another Gallery of the Grotesque in the work? I'd love to see what you come up with next... hehe!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tornado (Dnk) www.myspace.com/tornado_magazine
Stratanael (Uk/Fra)
Horrible Eyes (Ger)
Necromaniac (Ger) www.myspace.com/necromaniac_zine
Hellish Massacre (Swe) RIP, I suppose.
Hatred

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still waiting to KISS OF SHAME FANZINE of Antonios KoS/Goat Vomit.
I dont know when will finish but after saw their newsletter/flyer, I think it will be killer of killer one!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ve considered doing a Gallery of the Grotesque issue #5, and the possibility is still open because I want to do one if the time (and funds) is right, but I also want to make it better then the issue preceding it. The problem is coming up with the money to print it and actually breaking even from sales so I can print something else too. It can be hard to do that with zines in this day and age. We'll see.

Right now I’m putting my journalistic debauchery and Galleryesque egoterror to use for Canadian Assault zine. There should be an interview posted with Tofuke/NWN! himself by the end of the month.
masters_throne

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, instead short recommends I just copied these reviews (don't get bothered by the spelling errors/grammar). Some of these are superior, some are mediocre, but not shit.

Hellpike #16 is still in its workings, unfortunately I don't find enough time to work on it right now, even if only three, four days are needed to finish everything. The next issue will be again improved and will have at least 120 pages. I hope to start with the final steps in the next weeks...

Blood of the Ancient #5
A good work you will get with the already fifth issue of this dedicated German guy! The amount of featured bands/people is incredible: POSSESSED, PAUL DIANNO, AMOURED ANGEL, JAGUAR, KATAFALK, ARCH ENEMY, BROCAS HELM, UNHOLY ARCHANGEL, WELL OF SOULS, BLACK WIDOW RECORDS, FARSCAPE, DERKETA, SATANIC SLAUGHTER, SCEPTIC, MANTICORE, HYSTERIA, IRONKIND, VARATHRON, ZORATES, HEIR APPARENT, WARHATE FRONT, PAUL SPECKMANN, PROTECTOR, DEATHWITCH, ATHEIST, HOLOCAUST, NASTY SAVAGE, SUFFOCATION, OCCULT and WOLFEN SOCIETY! Pretty well-done mixture of different styles and underground/more-known bands! Even if I don´t care what some bands are telling some great and honest interviews are to read! To the best I would count the ones with the Nahual-guy (Warhate Front), Varathron, Possessed and Protector! A planned interview with David Cherubin, a guy of the „Thelemetic Order of the Golden Dawn“ misfailed! A pity, because the (printed) questions were pretty interesting! But Chris, do you really think that (secret) organisations will answer on questions about „criminalistic activities connected with magical orders...“?? Besides the usual reviews on albums, EP´s and demos you will get very long and detailed live-reports of festivals like Wacken Open Air, Fuck the Commerce and Keep it True! All from 2003, of course! Also a nice section is the one where you can read reviewing lines of some older demo/live tapes (mostly bootleggs of course). The whole questions are well-done, a fine metal dedication is mixed with a backround knowledge of esoterical and philosophical topics, great!! The size of letters is small, no stupid promo adds of the next and „best“ label is to find and everything is written in very skilled english! BOTA is a „fanzine for Supporters of Pure Metallic Outrage“ and is announced as the „bringer(s) of Damnation Upon the Bare Mountains! Ouh fukk, this „book“ has 90 pages exactly, another reason for you to buy this zine! As you already should know I´m very narrow-minded when it´s coming to the lay-out, so, here´s nothing special to find (but it´s also to read that Chris don´t care about a lay-out but more for the long and detailed written words)! A nice thing are the few collages of ancient bands and their demo-covers and so on (hehe, is that Helllish Crossfire photo also taken from the 80´ies??). Another thing which makes me laugh sometimes are the many ?????? which are mostly to see on the bands discography at the end of the interviews, hehe! I don´t know the price of this, but I guess it must be about 5 EUR, plus 2 EUR for porto! Write and support this dedicated guy:
Christian Wachter, Grieserstr.13, 96352 Steinberg, GERMANY

Pitchfork #1
Well, here we have an A4 zine and the two editors are coming from Germany (if it´s of your interest: both guys are playing also in two bands; „Freezinghahn“ plays in Betrayed and „Killerplauze“ in Eternal Pain)! I guess, those hessian farmer boys discovered the name of the zine while doing some work on their parents farm, hehe!! Hm, Pitchfork #1 is out since a few days now, but the foreword was written already in January 2004 and the interviews are even more older (some date back to 2002). But you should know that all people on hessian agricultural battle fields are doing everything a bit slooower!!
Besides usual reviews and a funny Wacken alcoholic live report from 2003 (not from 2004, as the cover is telling!! Or do you own a time-machine??) you also will get long and in-depth interviews with Desaster, Nocturnal, Zarathustra, Epicedium, Victimizer (2x), Karnarium, Witchmaster, Farscape, Fallen Yggdrasil, Bestial Mockery and Chant of Blasphemy! But that´s not all, you also get an Australian Armageddon, that means interviews with Astrial, Grenade, Vomitor, Atomizer and Gospel of the Horns!! Before I´ll forget: the Nocturnal and the Desaster interviewes are in their German originals, the Pitchfork guys didn´t have the time to translate them!
Bad things are (as I´ve told earlier) the old informations you´ll get, some bad xeroxed pages (you can´t see anything at all) and the lay-out is nothing at all (just scanned logos and some photos, quite boring). Everything (besides Desaster & Nocturnal) is written in pretty well-done english (they even can talk a better English than German, har!!) and the price of those 34 pages are only 3 EUR (incl. p&p). Order it from:
Sven Klaka, Mühlgasse 13A, 63654 Büdingen, GERMANY

Summon for Satan #4
„Death and Necromancy“ is the underline of the fourth issue of Summon for Satan! If I´m right this zine started with a different name, called „Holmenkollmen Skugge“ (first burnt Norwegian church back in the early „true“ black metal days...). I can tell that Summon for Satan is grown thicker, and better, too! On 46 pages you´ll get interviews with following hordes: Watain, Namtar, Toxic Holocaust, Antaeus, Temple of Baal, Averse Sefira, Black Mass of Absu, Merrimak, Dark Opus, Dusk (not the Hungarian one), Nuclear Winter, Nocturnal Evil, Grand Belials Key, Vorkreist and Iron Fist Kommando Prod. You see, the choice of bands is well mixed, some unknown bands are to find (from all over the world) besides the more known ones! The two editors are coming from Germany and you can see it after reading the first English written lines (only Germans can write such an English! It´s not bad, but really funnie sometimes, like Hellpike, eh). Well, I really have nothing bad to tell about this zine. The lay-out is great undergroundish, the questions are really outstanding sometimes and the reviews are well informed/written. Ok, here and there some litte errors are to find (Mr. Holocausto Vengeance didn´t play in Black Crucifixion, never, he did only in/outro for it! It was the hooded guy who later became a gay!!! But that´s not bothering at all, auch Black Metaller sind nur Menschen) only the size of letters is too big (with the size of Hellpike letters this would have been 25 pages only) but everything else is ok. The price of this zine is (as to read on the front) 3 EUR, you should add at least 1,50 EUR more for porto. Send orders to:
Philipp Kretschmer, Wandlitzstr. 37, 10318 Berlin, GERMANY

Depth Charge #2
Haaargh, what a fukkin´ great development of Depth Charge! It looks like a brother of Hellpike. Honestly, it is cool to hear that Paul got his influences of Hellpike. So you can expect the same layout, sometimes even better (but sometimes not so good). Paul has the skills on PC to do a mixture of underground layout and PC-done one. The featured bands are following: DERKETA, JUDGEMENT DAY, NOCTURNAL GRAVES, BLASPHEMIC LUST, DAEMONLORD, DEATHSPELL OMEGA, RADEMASSAKER, TOXIC HOLOCAUST, DESTRÜKTÖR, SCEPTER, ZARATHUSTRA, SACRIFICIAL BLOOD and ARYOS. Tons of reviews and live-reports are included, too. Flyers are printed and a lot of information is included. The jacket is pro-printed and the rest is xeroxed, the total amounts of pages are 52. I can not await the next issue. Need it soon!! Price must be around 4 or 5 Dollars. Surely, Depth Charge is Australians´ best magazine. Support, kill and fukk! Contact:
Depth Charge, PO Box 470, Craigieburn, Vic. 3064, AUSTRALIA

Morbid Tales #1
Morbid Tales is a new Fanzine from Canada (Ontario, kult scene in the eighties), keeping the essence of true underground, Xeroxed hell!! It has 40 A5 pages, dirty letters and just three interviews. The interviewed bands are SABBAT (kult); IMPERIAL (shit) and BLASPHEMY (cool one, done via telephone). The interviews are okay, maybe sometimes naïve, but with real true metal passion inside. I think the questions will be better in further issues. Here and there you will get some cool reviews (Exumer, har! Great band, but it seems that editor Annick found that band just yesterday, due to the young age??). Nevertheless, the layout is absolutely perfect (kaotic and dirty, just like Hellpike) and the feeling is to read with every single letter. Some space is wasted; you really can put more information on 40 A5 pages. But I think they will get that soon and will change that little negative thing. Well, it’s great to see some other Xeroxed A5 zines, as they’re my preferred size for zines. The price of these 40 pages must be around 3$. Write to:
Annick Giroux, 1115 Cholette Cres, Orleans, Ontario K1C 1TH, CANADA

Necroscope #14
Again I´ve got that zine from Adam, it´s still great, still thick (140 A5 pages, sikk) and still written in Polish language. But the next issue should been written in english, so I can tell if the interview style of Adam is good (as he found some interviews of Hellpike “not so good”, hehe). Hope he will continue then in English language. If you want to promote your band in Poland, be sure, Necroscope is one of the top addresses. Besides tons of reviews you will get interviews with CRUCIFIRE, DAEMONLORD, NECROPIA, DIMENTIANON, NOCTURNAL VOMIT, MARTYRIUM CHRISTI, BLASPHEMER, BLOODTHIRST, ARGHOSLENT, PRIMAL DAWN and PUTRIDITY. Great work, yet the layout could consists of more photos, sigils, whatever. Can´t await to get that zine completely written in english. If you are able to read the Polish language you better should support that mighty underground zine. Btw: congratulation for 10 years of NECROSCOPE, keep up the work!! Address:
Adam Stasiak, ul. Zakopianska 42/3, 80-139 Gdansk, POLAND

StrataNael
Back with a next attack is mighty StrataNael, this issue is entitled “M`ss`N`G`R´”. First of all: it´s still strong, not as strong as the previous one but still on my fave top six of zines! Interviews you will get with CACHTICE (very interesting band, would like to check them out soon), WITCHMASTER, GOSFORTH, WATAIN, BETRAYED, CORPUS CHRISTII, DECAYED and many more. The best ones are without any doubt the ones with BLACKLODGE, ABOMINATOR and BLASPHEMY. Some articles are also included, short ones and long ones (Mutiilation,…). Also nasty gossips (It´s Pandaemoneum, hehe, I want more), no real reviews (just a few introductions), some news-paper lines (funnie ones), articles (also those stupid German Murders of Satan got some lines of dedication) and more blasphemic stuff. Featured are 80 A4 pages with a great devilish underground layout (so it has to be). Perversion, Decadence, Violence, Drugs, Magicke, Sex, promoting Acid SataNism, this zine will automatically force you to kill someone for satan!! Don´t forget Mr. Pierres´nasty, smart and skilled writing style (yet the earlier issue was more offensive, when I look back to the interviews with Dimmu Borgir, Deicide, Ku-Klux-Klan, etc. and the best one (Deströyer 666). Price is 6, 66 EURO, including all.

There Where I Belong #1
Dedicated to “Pure Necrocult UG Metal”, that´s what you can expect of There Where I Belong, hailing from Spain. Long interviews with KAAMOS, VOMITORY, MUTIILATION, SECRETS OF THE MOON, GRAVEN, AVENGER, FROZEN SHADOWS, URGEHAL, CHRIS MOYEN, BLOODY ´ZINE, AMNION, SUMMONING and XASTHUR. The interviews are okay, yet the live-interview with SOTM consists of too much äh, äääähms and such. Of course I know that live interviews are pretty difficult, so it´s not bothering too much. The questions are sometimes a bit cheap, but well-informed. Layout is pro-done, yet great undergroundish looking (important: every single letter is to read). Besides these before mentioned interviews you also will get some pages with many reviews and a “game” called “Merciless Conspiracy” where some guys did get some dubbed songs to write their opinion about. So, some pretty different opinions are to read. Not really essential but okay. Ah, not to forget the Live-Reports they´ve done (Watain, Secrets of the Moon,…). Written like a diary, but okay… Everything is well-done and is worthy to check out. Get it now. Unfortunately it´s is limited to 225 hand-numbered copies only, so you have to be fast as a shark! Contact:
Julio Garcia Condoy 11, 1 D, 50.018 Zaragoza, SPAIN

The Gallery of the Grotesque #4
Willhelm, the guy behind „The Gallery of the Grotesque“ (and of „The four“) is a sikk bastard, and he knows it well! Per chance I´ve got that great looking Zine on the Deathstrike table on a concert! It was only the lay-out which let me decide to buy that zine! I like it! It´s printed on black paper, with simple but great lay-out! Everything is well written, even sikk if it comes to questions of some girls or digusting little things in the backround who „disturb“ the interview sometimes! This is sikk, written with humour (without forgetting the evil spirit in metal) and little size of the letters! It´s sad that there´s to read that this one is propably the last issue, but also an option is left of „a bigger, nastier, meanier one who could come to step out in future“, hopefully! Interviews and many articles are to read, here are some of the included bands: Cult of Daath (haha, they use the word (right: Da´ath) only because it means „abyss“ and they´ve found it in several occult books, weak reason I would say, and propably a fist in the face of someone really into (anti) kabbalah..., but their music is still good), Desaster, Orcustus, Besatt, Netherrealm, Kult of Azazel, Krieg, Anael, Sadömaniac, Varathron, Xasthur, Godless North, Rev. Kriss Piss Hades and lots more. Also with Metalion of Slayer ´zine, Cath of Leather´n´Spikes ´zine, Blaash of Where´s my Skin ´zine! To the most interesting interview counts the one with Okkulto (ex-Desaster) which caused some troubles in my area since that release! But it´s great to read his words, some of them are so true, some I can´t agree with (no polemics from my side)! But the old stories are great to hear (again)! So, if an address would be printed I wouldn´t refuse to print it here, but maybe I´m blind or Wilhem didn´t print it! But if you see that fukkin´ thick´n´sikk zine, buy it! Comes in A4 format and with 128 pages! Included are also arts of Rev. Kriss Hades (Sadistik Exekution are real artists, so to say), many pictures of „The four“ (do you know Arne Babb?) and many, many reviews (can´t count them all, but I guess it´s about 3 ones only, no joking!!!). Essential zine for this rotten underground!
Ok, here I found the address which was to read in DoV#6 on the review for The Galerie of the Grotesque #3:
c/o Wilhelm, P.O. Box 293, Glendale, OR 97442, USA

= KILL I =
= KILL II =
IronBloodBlasphemy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Death Execution, Eternal Fire, Oaken Throne and Temple of Adoration are all excellent.....
Haagenti

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cadaverious smell(france) is good one also.

Last edited by Haagenti on Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: