P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Vinyl madness!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mz412

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nocturnal Deathstrike wrote:
Mz412 wrote:
don't understand why he hasn't sell this whole stuff separately.
Normaly everybody knows, that selling 2,5 Million Vinyls of one
row is a little crazy to pay Laughing

Don't think that he have had so much Metal and other stuff, there
were Millions of Vinyls of any kind of 20er-70er Music, so he can
surely make 1 Million Lps full with this crap

As what I did understand from the video was that he wanted to have his collection preserved as some kind of archives. He spent all his life putting it together and splitting it up again would be no option at all. If it would be about getting rid of the records a garage sale would do the trick.

I think a museum should get this collection. There is so much money wasted on "cultural things" which are worthless crap why not buy this guys records. This is way more appealing to me than any library in the world !

its way too big for any kind of museum. Its more an Archive, but who
needs such an archive?
Do somebody here wants to see all Abba, Heino, Rolling Stones, Beatles,
Earth wind fire Lps and 7" or all kind of elvis 7"?
I don't think its such a good idea about a collector museum :/
bmdk666

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poor guy... at least he got to live the dream for that long.
Nocturnal Deathstrike

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mz412 wrote:
Nocturnal Deathstrike wrote:
Mz412 wrote:
don't understand why he hasn't sell this whole stuff separately.
Normaly everybody knows, that selling 2,5 Million Vinyls of one
row is a little crazy to pay Laughing

Don't think that he have had so much Metal and other stuff, there
were Millions of Vinyls of any kind of 20er-70er Music, so he can
surely make 1 Million Lps full with this crap

As what I did understand from the video was that he wanted to have his collection preserved as some kind of archives. He spent all his life putting it together and splitting it up again would be no option at all. If it would be about getting rid of the records a garage sale would do the trick.

I think a museum should get this collection. There is so much money wasted on "cultural things" which are worthless crap why not buy this guys records. This is way more appealing to me than any library in the world !

its way too big for any kind of museum. Its more an Archive, but who
needs such an archive?
Do somebody here wants to see all Abba, Heino, Rolling Stones, Beatles,
Earth wind fire Lps and 7" or all kind of elvis 7"?
I don't think its such a good idea about a collector museum :/

Well, you can ask the same about any libraby storing hundreds of years old books. One day, at one point, someone will have a use for it, not the whole lot, but maybe a part of it. Yes, definitely no one in this forum but that´s only because of the musical preferences, The owner said that 80% of the music of his collection isn´t even available on CD. The whole collection has more of a historical value than a pure "musical" one.
Mz412

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

library is an other way, there you can read the books and get them
for homeworking, don't think its the same like a museum, where do you
only can look at the stuff
Nocturnal Deathstrike

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn´t say it should be open for everyone. There are state and church owned libraries who normal people will never get to see...
I know you can´t lend a 8000 EUR worth never official released Rolling Stones vinyl to any dickhead walking in Very Happy
Anyway....
Shadow Kingdom

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen the collection in person and he has tons of metal. Good metal like MERCYFUL FATE too. Laughing
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a lifetimes worth of collecting, but only a humans lifetime. What was pretty wild to hear is that estimate that 80% of that collection is basically lost to that vinyl and will probably be lost at some point entirely, but then what isn't going to be lost completely at one point ? You can probably almost guarantee a lot of the metal will fade away at some point as well. Especially all these self released albums from some various bands basements etc etc

However sad it seems that this lifetimes work will fade away, or be lost like so much other stuff throughout history one has to realize how little it really matters. Our puny little civilization is a mere grain of sand upon the beach of time. How many civilizations have come and past already here on this earth ? All their little artifacts mostly gone with them to the devastation of nature and time. ...if you believe that line of thinking anyways...

All this stuff is meant to be enjoyed while we live, the future will invent their own interests and hobbies just as we have for ourselves today.
Unless someone is willing to build a Sphinx to house a horde of vinyl so someone can find it all 10,000 years from now and then argue over it's actual age and historic meaning for decades to come... it's all pointless and meaningless anyways. Probably best most of the past dies, I'm sure a lot of it is so laced with poisonous thoughts (you know, certain types of limited thinking and praises for some mythical nonsense god) that this stuff should be forgotten, in order for mankind to move on and progress into the stars etc etc and all that jazz. Cool

I'm sure the dude is pretty attached to that collection and his wife probably wants the millions for a nice retirement in comfort after years of mundain and frugal living... which is quite understandable, but if that dude really wanted to go out as the vinyl god he should have hoarded it all and went up in flames with it. Anyone sick enough to collect and maintain all that material crap could certainly have that trait to horde it all into death as well. That statement would be meaningless to others though just the same as that video pleading for someone to care about millions of albums.

How many of you give a damn about every metal release ? Including all these 1 man bedroom black metal bands, all the gothenburg melo death bands, all the black, death, doom offerings, all the bestial bm bands sounding alike, all the ...and on and on it goes...
jerry666

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i suck i only have around 4000 lps,but i would recommend a book called vinyl-junkies and you will see that folk music and jazz weridos are the real junkies storys in books incluse one guy who has a 2 bedroom apartment with 1 milliom plus records and 25,ooo thousand cds"yikes"
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Materialism is a sickness. Collecting more and more crap, more than you really could ever need is an addiction. Especially if you are trying to have other aspects of living included within your life as well... you know, wife and kids, friends, and family etc etc

Someone with a penchant for only one thing in life and it consumes their every thought and they seek more and more of it... seems like a crack head or some other drug addicted junkie's line of thinking.
Severe collecting to this degree, I think it is quite similiar affecting ones life.
Hellpiss

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demonirach is right... Smetimes I feel like shit concntraiting only on caolleting. True life is beyond that, but it is like addicton. When you start once, you can't stop. I remeber when I started collecting, I started of bands I had loved the most, but then I wanted everything I just had liked and this madness conitues. Usually it is fucking hard to stop, but simply you can't. I believe collecting is the same level addiction as smoking or drugs but it doesn't care anyonce, since it doesn't ruin your health. Anyway, it may ruin reliations with other person as well as your walet. Sometimies I hate it as much as I can, but I can't stop, I'm addicted. I feel like the victim of collecting, so I understand the point of this guy's wife.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should mention my comment comes from someone suffering the same ailment. I obviously collect too, or else I would not be here on these forums and occasionally seeking a damned Funeral Mist Salvation DLP just to own one and collect, cause since I have the cd already what the fuck is the real point or need of the vinyl too ?

I'm at a crossroads in my life. I really bloody well damned feel passion for this music, I want to hear everything and participate in the creation of it, well cover art wise anyways... so I am tied to this creative outlet somewhat.
But at the same time I look at this obsession for material possessions as a weakness, and black metal is supposed to be anything but weak. I find it as a mental problem when considering how I protect or hoarde these bloody albums I buy or t-shirts for that matter as well. Fuck, I have enough shirts for a couple dudes, yet never dig into the stacks, I just wear the shirts on top which tend to be the same unless laundy goes undone for sometime which never happens cause I am not lazy in such matters.
But it always comes down to the same issue... more stuff than I need. There is always a new album coming out, a new shirt design etc etc. I feel like I need it, I want it... and if I do get it, what of the older stuff, what to do with that or where to put it or what the hell do I need it all for ?

It's like a little viscious circle of disdain and contempt for the nature of collecting... but it's more than collecting cause I do listen to it, and it's all I listen to or want to hear... it's just still a hoarde of useless crap stored up though, and evetually that turns into an issue when there is so much of the damned crap that other aspects of life and living suffer some.
Who wants to dig through 8000 LP's to find something either ? Is it even possible to enjoy things still when capacity has reached that level or is it the addiction and the just owning that many that becomes more important than the actual individual releases containted within it ?

Todays society has some problems, for some reason on some level I am aware of it, and it bothers me for my own personal participation in it. At some level I beleive there is supposed to be more to life than hoarding and collecting material objects I 'collect' and adorn my living quarters with. What it is though, when still bombarded with the programming from society that this is life and acceptable and proper I feel wandering in the fog at times seeking true enlightenment. I believe the system wants us blinded like this, ignoring universall truths and what is actually happening in the world... we are a society addicted to materialism, and being duped and amused or distracted with all this empty materialism aspects, from what though... guess that is up for debate.
Maybe I'm just a malcontent and all the endless hoarding and collecting by society is just normal behaviour and the need for endless possessions is how it has always and will always be. A great distraction from seeking ... what though ? ...truth ? that can be many things possibly.

It comes down to this I guess, I want to own the collection, not have it own me. I suppose I'm personally starting to feel the ladder of the two being owned by a collection of basically great sounding, but an endless useless horde of materialistic objects.
Mz412

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just my opinion, but its a good point in this discussion to clear.

i see much collectors with really huge collections, but i ask myself,
what i really collect and really need. Surely sounds total fuking
great if someone have 10.000 LP's at home, but i know for sure,
thats not even 1.000 Lp's on the world i really need to have in my
Collection. Maybe there are only 100 or just 10 LPs i am really
after and i really like to own, cause of the Vinyl itself. To get
a huge collection is NO problem in these days. if someone wanna
have over 200 Lps, a second hand story selling this for 0,50€ each
one. I think he have just more LPs, but for myself i don't need a
row full of Duran Duran, Elvis, Grönemeyer or Bryan Addams LP's.
Most Collections are full of Crapp. There are much Collections with
some good stuff and tons of Crap. Some Collectors i know have
lots of really great Black Metal Stuff, but they listen to HipHop,
Jazz and such Music...totaly stupid to hold on First Bathory in Yellow,
or some Burzum Lp's or?
But its "normal" to hold from everything as much as you can. Buy
all kind of LPs cheap, you have a really great collection. I think this
guy make the same, but wheres the Spirit from the each ones
Musick Scene?
I have much likely only 100 great LPs instead of 10.000 crappy LP's
i never listen to...
nzůmbe

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BET HE DOESN'T HAVE THE DTL-DISKKOGRAPPHIE! WHAT A WHIMP!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember this collection being sold on Ebay a few years ago.
Hellpiss

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
I should mention my comment comes from someone suffering the same ailment. I obviously collect too, or else I would not be here on these forums and occasionally seeking a damned Funeral Mist Salvation DLP just to own one and collect, cause since I have the cd already what the fuck is the real point or need of the vinyl too ?

I'm at a crossroads in my life. I really bloody well damned feel passion for this music, I want to hear everything and participate in the creation of it, well cover art wise anyways... so I am tied to this creative outlet somewhat.
But at the same time I look at this obsession for material possessions as a weakness, and black metal is supposed to be anything but weak. I find it as a mental problem when considering how I protect or hoarde these bloody albums I buy or t-shirts for that matter as well. Fuck, I have enough shirts for a couple dudes, yet never dig into the stacks, I just wear the shirts on top which tend to be the same unless laundy goes undone for sometime which never happens cause I am not lazy in such matters.
But it always comes down to the same issue... more stuff than I need. There is always a new album coming out, a new shirt design etc etc. I feel like I need it, I want it... and if I do get it, what of the older stuff, what to do with that or where to put it or what the hell do I need it all for ?

It's like a little viscious circle of disdain and contempt for the nature of collecting... but it's more than collecting cause I do listen to it, and it's all I listen to or want to hear... it's just still a hoarde of useless crap stored up though, and evetually that turns into an issue when there is so much of the damned crap that other aspects of life and living suffer some.
Who wants to dig through 8000 LP's to find something either ? Is it even possible to enjoy things still when capacity has reached that level or is it the addiction and the just owning that many that becomes more important than the actual individual releases containted within it ?

Todays society has some problems, for some reason on some level I am aware of it, and it bothers me for my own personal participation in it. At some level I beleive there is supposed to be more to life than hoarding and collecting material objects I 'collect' and adorn my living quarters with. What it is though, when still bombarded with the programming from society that this is life and acceptable and proper I feel wandering in the fog at times seeking true enlightenment. I believe the system wants us blinded like this, ignoring universall truths and what is actually happening in the world... we are a society addicted to materialism, and being duped and amused or distracted with all this empty materialism aspects, from what though... guess that is up for debate.
Maybe I'm just a malcontent and all the endless hoarding and collecting by society is just normal behaviour and the need for endless possessions is how it has always and will always be. A great distraction from seeking ... what though ? ...truth ? that can be many things possibly.

It comes down to this I guess, I want to own the collection, not have it own me. I suppose I'm personally starting to feel the ladder of the two being owned by a collection of basically great sounding, but an endless useless horde of materialistic objects.

I would't say it better! In my case... The more you collect, the more you are searching for sense of it? At this point, I freguently ask myself, where's the sense of it? I love metal, I love vinyls, but where's the sense in possessing more and more vinyls? There's no sense... The only sense is to POSSESS. The more you possess, the more you want. I suppose the bigger collection you have, the more estimated you are. There's no other sense of collecting...

By the way, I own "Salvation" on CD, but beside this I'm still searching for LP. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: