P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

BLASPHEMY - Rehearsal 1989 -
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Nolan_B



Joined: 12 Jun 2009
Posts: 662
Location: USA

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumped so I can download this when I get back in town.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
adrian5118



Joined: 30 Dec 2008
Posts: 2673

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pacifism-Sucks wrote:

The NWN board is turning into an image board. Grroosssss.

And this shit is intense. Where did you get the cassette?!
_________________
Rare shirts of DEATHKEY, AMORPHIS, DEMONCY, SSP, etc.:
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=840646#840646
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
brown growth



Joined: 27 Jul 2007
Posts: 956
Location: Vasaaria

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame about the 128 kbp/s. Any chance you could re-do it as a higher bitrate? The sound quality is already raw as shit. Thanks for sharing though.

By the way, did any audio, non-youtube recordings surface from the NWN fest of Blasphemy's set?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
brown growth



Joined: 27 Jul 2007
Posts: 956
Location: Vasaaria

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adrian5118 wrote:
Pacifism-Sucks wrote:

The NWN board is turning into an image board. Grroosssss.


Yeah, I really hate all that gay 4chan shit.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
adrian5118



Joined: 30 Dec 2008
Posts: 2673

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brown growth wrote:
Shame about the 128 kbp/s. Any chance you could re-do it as a higher bitrate? The sound quality is already raw as shit. Thanks for sharing though.

And Chan is infecting everything. God damned pedos.
_________________
Rare shirts of DEATHKEY, AMORPHIS, DEMONCY, SSP, etc.:
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=840646#840646
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
brown growth



Joined: 27 Jul 2007
Posts: 956
Location: Vasaaria

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adrian5118 wrote:
brown growth wrote:
Shame about the 128 kbp/s. Any chance you could re-do it as a higher bitrate? The sound quality is already raw as shit. Thanks for sharing though.

And Chan is infecting everything. God damned pedos.


All of that in-joke e-humor stuff is just retarded too. They're the kind of people who, in person, say things like "ROFLcoptor!" and "LOLercaust" and "epic fail!!". I've witnessed people in their twenties doing this shit, and it's quite sad.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
goat lord 666



Joined: 31 Aug 2007
Posts: 196

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what should they say?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
skaven



Joined: 24 Jun 2009
Posts: 327
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would a higher rip than 128kb/s really improve the sound, in this case? Just thinking that it's a 20 years old tape with that sound quality, I can't see myself enjoying it more if it was a FLAC or something hehe.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
brown growth



Joined: 27 Jul 2007
Posts: 956
Location: Vasaaria

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skaven wrote:
Would a higher rip than 128kb/s really improve the sound, in this case? Just thinking that it's a 20 years old tape with that sound quality, I can't see myself enjoying it more if it was a FLAC or something hehe.


Yeah, it really would. It's like looking at a blurry, crappy looking picture in person versus looking at the same blurry, crappy looking picture on a tiny cell phone screen all pixelated and digitized.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
skaven



Joined: 24 Jun 2009
Posts: 327
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brown growth wrote:
skaven wrote:
Would a higher rip than 128kb/s really improve the sound, in this case? Just thinking that it's a 20 years old tape with that sound quality, I can't see myself enjoying it more if it was a FLAC or something hehe.


Yeah, it really would. It's like looking at a blurry, crappy looking picture in person versus looking at the same blurry, crappy looking picture on a tiny cell phone screen all pixelated and digitized.

Oh well, okay. I guess I'm not enough audiophile to hear the difference heh! Although I do agree with you when it comes to more "proper" recordings.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
brown growth



Joined: 27 Jul 2007
Posts: 956
Location: Vasaaria

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skaven wrote:
brown growth wrote:
skaven wrote:
Would a higher rip than 128kb/s really improve the sound, in this case? Just thinking that it's a 20 years old tape with that sound quality, I can't see myself enjoying it more if it was a FLAC or something hehe.


Yeah, it really would. It's like looking at a blurry, crappy looking picture in person versus looking at the same blurry, crappy looking picture on a tiny cell phone screen all pixelated and digitized.

Oh well, okay. I guess I'm not enough audiophile to hear the difference heh! Although I do agree with you when it comes to more "proper" recordings.


I like my shit to shine, even if it is shit, ya dig?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
triskelion



Joined: 08 Nov 2008
Posts: 155

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Where did you get the cassette?!

From tape trading 89/90.
_________________
http://www.discogs.com/seller/triskelion

http://soldatsinconnus.free.fr/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
adrian5118



Joined: 30 Dec 2008
Posts: 2673

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's amazing... thanks again. A high bit-rate rip would be nice though. Cool
_________________
Rare shirts of DEATHKEY, AMORPHIS, DEMONCY, SSP, etc.:
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=840646#840646
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Winter



Joined: 06 Oct 2009
Posts: 125
Location: South of Heaven

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Low bitrate always wrecks the audio no matter how bad the audio source already is, and as long as we're aiming to copy the sound one to one we should strive for a better bitrate. So ripping the audio to 128kbps because the tape already sounds so bad is not really rational.

There's much more to creating a proper rip than merely bitrate though. For anyone interested, browse through http://blowfish.be/eac/ with care. I don't know about tapes, but at least the guide works with CDs.
_________________
METAL IS DEATH
DEATH IS METAL
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IXTAB
Site Admin


Joined: 15 May 2008
Posts: 3336
Location: Metalapolis, MN

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brown growth wrote:

By the way, did any audio, non-youtube recordings surface from the NWN fest of Blasphemy's set?


BLASPHEMY played the NWN! fest? Question Exclamation
_________________
THINGS THAT WILL BE DELETED:
1. Ghost and Watain threads
2. Image signatures
3. Unidentified band photos and youtube links
4. Memes
5. Ebonics

e-mail ixtab[at]nwnprod[dot]com regarding forum account activation or problems
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group