P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Euro T-shirts (rant)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reaper's Grave

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheLastWound wrote:
Our sizes aren't too small. You are too fat.

I have to admit this true. Real problem is everything in america is too large, this is the culture we bring ourselves up on. Everyone wants supersize value meals at mcdonalds every day when its better to eat a small size (which still is larger than proper serving size i'm sure) and only once in a while. I'm proud to say i avoid fast food at least to only a month or less if it wins convenience, but a lot of american food is still very unhealthy regardless.
ogmetal

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that is a problem, but I think most in the U.S. like a different fit of clothes too.

I don't know about most of you, but I don't enjoy snug fitting t-shirts. As a kid, perhaps this might have been acceptable. I like my t-shirts to be a little bit loose. If I want a t-shirt where someone can use my nipples to dial in radio frequencies, I'll go to some dumb ass place like Abercrombie and Fitch. I believe that Europeans prefer their t-shirts a little more snug of a fit than Americans.

Overall, maybe we are fatter, but Euros do prefer tighter fit of clothes too. This has something to do with it.

Just buy one size up.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone I have ever met from Europe or seen play live from Europe appear to be no different than anyone from my own city or town. The people all generally appear to be the same size or relatively the same in size. One would never really know where the other was from until they speak. Of course every community has the occasional person struggling with weight or whatever, but it's not like everyone in Canada or the US is obese compared to Europe, not by my little exposure to it anyways.

Why shirt measurements are different from different regions... well, the currency is different too so it's not some wild mysterious event to figure out that there is probably going to be other differences between communities. Maybe Europe likes tighter fits, not sure. I'm 6 foot 3 inches and about 230 pounds. I'm not fat or anywhere near that nor would I be considered that by others anywhere else either and I like an American XL. I've generally assumed that there must be people in Northern Europe the same build as me and there is no way that a Euro XL would be comfortable. I thought people from Norway were supposed to be quite tall ?

The tag sizing is useless. I've seen different brands of XL from North America that are not even the same measurement. So whatever that tag says is almost useless. How difficult it would be to leave actual measurements in a blurb when selling a shirt... I dunno. It would make things easier and factual and remove all doubt when ordering a shirt.
ogmetal

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's true...there's no standard for sizes. An XL in one brand is different than an XL in another brand. This wouldn't be so confusing if brands would be listed when you bought a t-shirt and you could just go to the brand's site and look at the size charts.
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shoes/Boots are the same as well. Depending on the brand... I wear anywhere from a 10-12 size.

Welcome to life.
Scott K

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mitch339

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reaper's Grave wrote:
TheLastWound wrote:
Our sizes aren't too small. You are too fat.

I have to admit this true. Real problem is everything in america is too large, this is the culture we bring ourselves up on. Everyone wants supersize value meals at mcdonalds every day when its better to eat a small size (which still is larger than proper serving size i'm sure) and only once in a while. I'm proud to say i avoid fast food at least to only a month or less if it wins convenience, but a lot of american food is still very unhealthy regardless.

I'm proud to say that I own the record for eating the largest BK Stacker at my local Burger King (10 stack) and eat ridiculous quantities of food all the time.
Mitch339

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott K wrote:

minge-eater

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ogmetal wrote:
Well, that is a problem, but I think most in the U.S. like a different fit of clothes too.

I don't know about most of you, but I don't enjoy snug fitting t-shirts. As a kid, perhaps this might have been acceptable. I like my t-shirts to be a little bit loose. If I want a t-shirt where someone can use my nipples to dial in radio frequencies, I'll go to some dumb ass place like Abercrombie and Fitch. I believe that Europeans prefer their t-shirts a little more snug of a fit than Americans.

Overall, maybe we are fatter, but Euros do prefer tighter fit of clothes too. This has something to do with it.

Just buy one size up.

#
you like the rap/hip hop baggy look ...shebidy shebidy doo

TRUE KVNT
Descension twat of the year
ogmetal

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

minge-eater wrote:
ogmetal wrote:

Just buy one size up.

#

No, I just don't like the faggy, my shirt is shrink wrapped to my body look.
minge-eater

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ogmetal wrote:
minge-eater wrote:
ogmetal wrote:

Just buy one size up.

#

No, I just don't like the faggy, my shirt is shrink wrapped to my body look.

you mean the faggy , my shirt fits correctly look?

TRUE KVNT
ogmetal

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

minge-eater wrote:

Whatever you say.

I guess this further proves my point. We each have different preferences for how we like our shirts. Go ahead and assume what you wish. In my post, I never stated I like my shirts baggy. I just don't wish them to fit like a fucking Abercrombie and Fitch ad. That doesn't mean the don't fit incorrectly.
Mitch339

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

minge-eater wrote:

You'd love my Proclamation Long Tee, I've even got a big gold chain with a diamond-encrested Mayhem Logo on it
Scott K

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ogmetal wrote:
minge-eater wrote:

Whatever you say.

I guess this further proves my point. We each have different preferences for how we like our shirts. Go ahead and assume what you wish. In my post, I never stated I like my shirts baggy. I just don't wish them to fit like a fucking Abercrombie and Fitch ad. That doesn't mean the don't fit incorrectly.

I like my shirts to fit like an Abercrombie and Fitch ad. In fact, I'm wearing an Abercrombie shirt right now.
minge-eater

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mitch339 wrote:
minge-eater wrote:

You'd love my Proclamation Long Tee, I've even got a big gold chain with a diamond-encrested Mayhem Logo on it

i wouldnt, proclamation suck

TRUE KVNT
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: