P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

early Bathory-Goat + Sodom-In The Sign Of... Shirt printings
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MorbidMayhem

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:05 am    Post subject: early Bathory-Goat + Sodom-In The Sign Of... Shirt printings Reply with quote

I'm gonna need the helpful know-how of some maniacs right here...

1st it deals about the BATHORY - Goat T-Shirts (Early prints only)
I've got 4 different ones:

-one where the white Goat's beard is not cut off (so the Goat has kinda "pentagram-shape"),
the "H" of the logo is not between the Goathorns, the head is a little belower the Logo.
eyes are white, Logo is red but framed + with another thin white frame inside, the center is black or no colour at least.
backside has a white pentagram inside a circle, brand is "MCS".
all I have as kinda proof that this one is rather vintage is that I've seen a photo of Greifi Grishnackh wearing the same, standing next to Euronymous in the Helvete cellar around 1992 or so!

-another one but with white Logo, white Goat, red eyes, beard is also not cut off, the "H" is between the Goathorns, the belower half of the Goat is fuller what needs more space for the frontprint.
backside has written with Bathory kind of writing letters in red "ELIZABETH BATHORY 1560 - 1640", belower the countess in white inside a white frame.
the kinda vintage proof I have for this one is, E./Watain & A.Zaars/Tribulation wear the same shirt on stage & they look fucking wasted, so they might be an old swedish print!?
brand is"plain sailing" & the material is very thin!

-and also the actually rather known jubileum shirt with golden Logo, golden Goat with red eyes, "H" between the Goathorns, cut off beard / Goat.
backside has a golden Logo again, the classic inverted Bathory Cross in gold & "JUBILEUM" also in gold underneath.
that one must be an official Black Mark TS from the early 90s, isn't it?

-my final one has a golden Logo as well, the "H" is just more or less between the Goathorns, white Goat with red eyes, cut off beard / Goat.
backside has once again a golden Logo, 4 Lines written in white Bathory kind of writing letters (excerpt from "Necromansy") + a smaller green pentagram inside a green circle.
well, I don't know, if it's that old, so don't blame me for this!
+

furthermore I've just seen (don't own them yet) the followings:
-close to exactly the same like #3, but different colours... red Logo, white Goat with cut off beard, white (?) eyes > can't remember.
backside has a white Logo, classic inverted Bathory Cross in gold/brighter brown and a white "1984" at the bottom but inside of the cross!
the longsleeve version had on both sleeves each one red Logo (+ classic inverted Bathory Cross on top of the sleeve/s? or is it still another one?)!

-I've also seen one with some Goats downwards on the sleeve (it was not the one the late Quorthon wore), the condition was really wasted & quite grey.
didn't see front nor the back, coz the vest of the person was closed.

-Satyricon's Frost wearing the same (Goat with red eyes) Longsleeve, the print seemed to be bigger on front (didn't see the backside),
but on the sleeves were the burning crosses (with the Goat inside surely > can't remember). It looked pretty washed out & used!

+++

2nd it deals about the SODOM - In The Sign OF Evil T-Shirts (Early prints only)

I myself only own one old T-Shirt which has a white/grey Logo (not the one from the MLP), where the sword crosses the "S" of the Logo,
belower the masked one it has in white "old english" kind of writing letters & bow-shaped "IN THE SIGN OF EVIL", where the "E" of the word "THE" is half inside the sword!
The "d" of the Logo doesn't have the belower top, due it's behind the masked one!
backside has a red (rather faded same as the frontprint Logo) + 7 red handwritten lines (excerpt from "Hatred Of The Gods").
another interesting fact is, the brand is the same as BATHORY - TS #1!!

+

I've also seen it as Sweatshirt, but I can't remember, if it had the same kind of writing letters of the title (on front) as mine or the muscle shirt!?
But the same backprint!

The muscle (classic 80s style with sleeve-border) Shirt had a different kind of writing letters for the title on front (check out Danny Lilker's in Slayer Mag vol. 15; page 25)!
I've also seen one of these 2 versions on old Dissection photos around 1995/1996 - Jon Nödtveidt wearing it, but I couldn't see that good which of the 2 versions it actually was!
There was also a Poster in the once italian underground magazine called Grind Zone in the middle of the 90s as far as I remember correctly. Check this!
Same goes once again for Satyricon's Frost wearing it at some parts of the Roadkill Extravaganza VHS tape, but his one looked quite used as well.

Thank you in advance for your old knowledge & any kind of informations (age, who made it/them, where were they made, quantity etc.) + hopefully lots of great photos (sorry, I myself have got no scanner, just cheapest computer shit).
Disgusting

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

some pics of your shirts would help.

these are the first sodom in the sign of evil shirts

Goat_Sadomator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats mine

Humus

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got this Sodom sweater which matches with your description #1. This design is not uncommon (though they pay huge prices for it on ebay nevertheless) and was made at the end of the 80's till the first years of the 90's and was sold by big merchandisers like EMP etc.

TheLastWound

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the one I have, and I believe it's a bootleg becuase I both it new in hungary, budapest this summer. It's great looking although.

ChapelOfDoom

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine

[/img]

Good Sellers : Goab

Good Buyers : ENOLA GOAT ,
Disgusting

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

these are mine, both original

J001

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheLastWound wrote:
This is the one I have, and I believe it's a bootleg becuase I both it new in hungary, budapest this summer. It's great looking although.

Cool shirt with the Countess on the back. Although I'm sure any Bathory shirt that has Countess Bathory on it is a bootleg.
Opolus

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheLastWound wrote:

That's some serious goat titties, innit?! Laughing
MorbidMayhem

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Disgusting: the one with the "Hatred Of The Gods" lyrics excerpt on the back is exactly the same as mine, but also a t-shirt!

the muscle-shirt had a different kind of writing letters as I told & the one I'm talking about is exactly like on the backside of the 2nd one you've posted (just bow-shaped)!

+

Bathory - TS #2 is exactly the same as posted by TheLastWound.
what's the brand of your's?
I got my one from a guy, who bought it in the early 90s from a german mailorder, as he told me.

Bathory - TS #3 is exactly the same as the "golden" one posted by Disgusting.

p.s.: if someone can explain me how to post pictures I'll for #1 and #4.
got no clue about all this virtual crap...[/url]
Goat_Sadomator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

upload a pic on imageshack.com
and pist the IMG Link here!
MorbidMayhem

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

orite thanks, here we go:

I hope it will work...
this is the Grishnackh one (#1) ->

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/1253/46949412.png

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/1527/23231412.png

this is a rather unknown one (to me at least) / #4 ->

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/1173/90765948.png

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/6614/93868227.png

p.s.: the black metal hordes kills...argh. is this from sweden?
Goat_Sadomator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i cant say from where it is
maybe a fanclub shirt i have no clue
TheLastWound

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MorbidMayhem wrote:
@ Disgusting: the one with the "Hatred Of The Gods" lyrics excerpt on the back is exactly the same as mine, but also a t-shirt!

the muscle-shirt had a different kind of writing letters as I told & the one I'm talking about is exactly like on the backside of the 2nd one you've posted (just bow-shaped)!

+

Bathory - TS #2 is exactly the same as posted by TheLastWound.
what's the brand of your's?
I got my one from a guy, who bought it in the early 90s from a german mailorder, as he told me.

Bathory - TS #3 is exactly the same as the "golden" one posted by Disgusting.

p.s.: if someone can explain me how to post pictures I'll for #1 and #4.
got no clue about all this virtual crap...[/url]

Hm, maybe the guy was bullshitting with you. I first thought it was a bootleg repress of some old Bathory shirt from 87-88, but I really don't know. You described yours as "thin" and so is mine so i guess it's the same shirt. I bought from some metalstore in hungary, budapest. He had like a bunch of those Bathory shirts.
TheLastWound

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There COULD be a connection between the Black Metal Hordes-shirt and Banzai, because Banzai released the debut LP with red logo. But I do not know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: