P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

SPEED KILLS...AGAIN!!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
R_R_BASTARD_

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject: SPEED KILLS...AGAIN!!!! Reply with quote

News:

"...You want more metal and we're here to deliver. Available now is the "Speed Kills Again!" LP and CD featuring two exclusive tracks each from six up-and-coming heavy hitters including Merciless Death, Avenger of Blood, Enforcer, Toxic Holocaust, Hatred and Warbringer. The limited vinyl includes a gatefold jacket, a full-color heavy stock inner sleeve and a bonus 7" with exclusive tracks not available on the CD version! The first 100 copies are on black/clear split vinyl with a black/red split vinyl 7". The second 100 copies are on black/red split with a black/clear split vinyl 7". First 200 copies are also numbered and include a random set of two 1.5" square band buttons!..."

Buyed my LP copy directly from the HATRED guys...Great Old School Stuff Twisted Evil

+++ RR BASTARD +++

"....ONE BY ONE...WE'LL TAKE YOU...."
Nocturnal Deathstrike

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I really liked the old volumes of that series. I hope there are still those comments there....
Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good bands, i saw Merciless Death last week and they slayed but I think that they were still fairly un-professional in a few ways, the guitarist plays out of a combo [sure, it gets the job done, but im used to a half stack at least when a semi-pro band plays] and their singer/bassist changed his outfit before he went on stage which sorta gave me a bad vibe, like hes pretending to be all "metal"
markos

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

demise wrote:
good bands, i saw Merciless Death last week and they slayed but I think that they were still fairly un-professional in a few ways, the guitarist plays out of a combo [sure, it gets the job done, but im used to a half stack at least when a semi-pro band plays] and their singer/bassist changed his outfit before he went on stage which sorta gave me a bad vibe, like hes pretending to be all "metal"

hahahahahhahahahaha. pretending to be all "metal".....get used to it.
TryMyTrust

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ha ha ha, it's kinda funyn when people change outfits or when you walk into the restroom to piss and the "black metal" band is applying corpsepaint.

im awaiting the speed kills...again lp in the mail. picked it up mostly cause im collecting the TH stuff but i wanted to hear more from Witchhaven.
Stygian Shadows 'zine

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've bought the CD and the limited eidtion LP on punkutopia.com, was a bit expensive, but after the first listening I can say that it's worth for every cent what must pay for it!!! All bands are great, but the Meciless Death is the best, especially the first song, I absolutely believed that a bad LP is on my turntable as the intro sounded like a fuckin' Nirvana song...

Maybe you've already know that both Enforcer song is out now on a 7" EP by Iron Pegasus from Germany!!! So these songs are no more exclusive for this compilation!!
Bestial Devastator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stygian Shadows 'zine wrote:
Maybe you've already know that both Enforcer song is out now on a 7" EP by Iron Pegasus from Germany!!! So these songs are no more exclusive for this compilation!!

As with Toxic Holocaust. Not really exclusive stuff !
TryMyTrust

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

arent the songs on the speed kill from TH rerecorded?
Stygian Shadows 'zine

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TryMyTrust wrote:
arent the songs on the speed kill from TH rerecorded?

No infos about this in the booklet, but the sound is really harsh and differs from other versions of these songs and maybe the one song is played with drum-machine...
TryMyTrust

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think it has to be since dosent nwn have rights to war is hell?
Crows In Black

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I think the TH tracks are re-recorded for the comp, they sound different to me, maybe they were just remixed though
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joel owns rights to all recordings. He recorded everything himself and paid for mastering himself. I have to give most of the credit for TH's success to Joel because he's worked hard to get recognized. TH plays more gigs than any other band on the label.

I only bought this compilation for the TH tracks. I'm not into most of those LA thrash bands or whatever. Those younger bands are missing the key ingredient in good thrash metal, EVIL!!

Bay area styled fun thrash is really big in Los Angeles right now.

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
Joel owns rights to all recordings. He recorded everything himself and paid for mastering himself. I have to give most of the credit for TH's success to Joel because he's worked hard to get recognized. TH plays more gigs than any other band on the label.

I only bought this compilation for the TH tracks. I'm not into most of those LA thrash bands or whatever. Those younger bands are missing the key ingredient in good thrash metal, EVIL!!

Bay area styled fun thrash is really big in Los Angeles right now.
yea, definitely agree about the LA thrash scene, it just doesnt do much for me

and i have a feeling TH will realllllly take off if this tour with Municipal Waste goes well, I just saw him last week and his live playing has gotten substantially better, i remember watching a live stream of him and he was mixing songs up, playing the wrong solos, etc. but he seems to have gotten it down now...interested to see where this leads him
TryMyTrust

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i heard some rumor that th was going trying to be picked up by a bigger label...

joel's a hard guy to get a hold of....
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
i heard some rumor that th was going trying to be picked up by a bigger label...

I started that rumor

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: