P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

Chicago Area Metal...
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
FallenChrist



Joined: 31 Mar 2009
Posts: 167
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:59 pm    Post subject: Chicago Area Metal... Reply with quote

I'm gonna be in the Chicago area this weekend and I was hoping to hit up some metal hot-spots. Obviously I'll be checking out Metal Haven, but are there any good CD/Record stores that I should attend? Any Concerts?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Scott K
Guest





PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBK/Absurd/etc...
Back to top
GHOAT



Joined: 26 May 2008
Posts: 2465
Location: Atlanta, GA

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to any of the three Reckless Records locations. Their metal vinyl sections easily rival MH, and are cheaper. At least they were when I was there in September.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Professor Black



Joined: 25 Mar 2008
Posts: 2126
Location: Evil Nation USA

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah saturday 12th you have your choice of GBK/Absurd or Marduk/Nachtmystium

Metal Haven and Reckless are the best shops, Dave's Records on Clark Street is sometimes worth a look too
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RadianceOfShadows



Joined: 06 Jun 2009
Posts: 99

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metal Haven has a shitload of stuff, but Reckless Records has much better prices.

Also check out Kuma's Corner, delicious metal-themed burgers:



Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GHOAT



Joined: 26 May 2008
Posts: 2465
Location: Atlanta, GA

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be prepared to wait at Kuma's for at least an hour and then be served by some hipster in capri pants and a fitted Burzum shirt.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Kojiri



Joined: 26 Jan 2009
Posts: 4887
Location: I'm here to mainstream your kvlt

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Chicago Area Metal... Reply with quote

FallenChrist wrote:
I'm gonna be in the Chicago area this weekend and I was hoping to hit up some metal hot-spots. Obviously I'll be checking out Metal Haven, but are there any good CD/Record stores that I should attend? Any Concerts?


Lol, you're going down to Chicago this weekend for metal activities and you didn't know about the GBK/Absurd show? That's hilarious.

I'll be coming down from Minneapolis this weekend too, and I'll be stopping by Kuma's Corner (for their brilliant "metal" burgers), and obviously Metal Haven.

RadianceOfShadows wrote:
Metal Haven has a shitload of stuff, but Reckless Records has much better prices.

Also check out Kuma's Corner, delicious metal-themed burgers:





The Neurosis is the best one... the band may be tripe but the burger is orgasmic.

GHOAT wrote:
Be prepared to wait at Kuma's for at least an hour and then be served by some hipster in capri pants and a fitted Burzum shirt.


Dude you did it wrong... you have to walk a few blocks down and have some nice local beer @ Small Bar while you wait to be seated. We did get served by a hipster though, but she was a chick hipster with nice tits, so it was alright.
_________________
NuclearGoatVomit wrote:
"Burn it and then piss!

Trade/Buy/Sell!: addo_of_nex, Black_Fire, bunyip, cannibal_riot, cursed blood, dawid, Deathammer, etdeath, wvrm
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GHOAT



Joined: 26 May 2008
Posts: 2465
Location: Atlanta, GA

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We didn't even wait, we were absolutely fucking starving and tried to go right at lunch on a Saturday. We walked around the corner to Hot Doug's and it had a line a fucking a block long. Any place in Chicago that has been on Food Network or TLC is fucking full to the gills on the weekends.

We ended up at some Thai place and whatever I got was disgusting.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Kojiri



Joined: 26 Jan 2009
Posts: 4887
Location: I'm here to mainstream your kvlt

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GHOAT wrote:
We didn't even wait, we were absolutely fucking starving and tried to go right at lunch on a Saturday. We walked around the corner to Hot Doug's and it had a line a fucking a block long. Any place in Chicago that has been on Food Network or TLC is fucking full to the gills on the weekends.

We ended up at some Thai place and whatever I got was disgusting.


That sucks man. Next time you're there, bring some snacks and put your name in, because their burgers are absolutely worth however long you have to wait.
_________________
NuclearGoatVomit wrote:
"Burn it and then piss!

Trade/Buy/Sell!: addo_of_nex, Black_Fire, bunyip, cannibal_riot, cursed blood, dawid, Deathammer, etdeath, wvrm
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FallenChrist



Joined: 31 Mar 2009
Posts: 167
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Chicago Area Metal... Reply with quote

Kojiri wrote:
FallenChrist wrote:
I'm gonna be in the Chicago area this weekend and I was hoping to hit up some metal hot-spots. Obviously I'll be checking out Metal Haven, but are there any good CD/Record stores that I should attend? Any Concerts?


Lol, you're going down to Chicago this weekend for metal activities and you didn't know about the GBK/Absurd show? That's hilarious.


My principal reasons for being in Chicago have nothing to do with Metal, but I'll have some extra time while I'm down there. I only found out today that I'll be making the trip, and I don't particularly care about GBK or Absurd, hence not knowing about the show.

Those burgers look unbelievable. I think I might be willing to wait an hour AND be served by a hipster just for one of those. I will definitely check out Reckless too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kojiri



Joined: 26 Jan 2009
Posts: 4887
Location: I'm here to mainstream your kvlt

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Chicago Area Metal... Reply with quote

FallenChrist wrote:

Those burgers look unbelievable. I think I might be willing to wait an hour AND be served by a hipster just for one of those. I will definitely check out Reckless too.


Well, I'll probably be at Kuma's sometime on Saturday with 3 other ugly ass long hairs. If you spot us, we'll have a round.
_________________
NuclearGoatVomit wrote:
"Burn it and then piss!

Trade/Buy/Sell!: addo_of_nex, Black_Fire, bunyip, cannibal_riot, cursed blood, dawid, Deathammer, etdeath, wvrm
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FallenChrist



Joined: 31 Mar 2009
Posts: 167
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Chicago Area Metal... Reply with quote

Kojiri wrote:
FallenChrist wrote:

Those burgers look unbelievable. I think I might be willing to wait an hour AND be served by a hipster just for one of those. I will definitely check out Reckless too.


Well, I'll probably be at Kuma's sometime on Saturday with 3 other ugly ass long hairs. If you spot us, we'll have a round.


Sweet, will do. I wonder if you're headed down there with anyone I might know...

Not to be too personal, but where generally in Minneapolis do you live? My college house is in St. Paul, but my actual home is right on the border of St. Louis Park and Minneapolis, about five minutes from uptown.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kojiri



Joined: 26 Jan 2009
Posts: 4887
Location: I'm here to mainstream your kvlt

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Chicago Area Metal... Reply with quote

FallenChrist wrote:
Kojiri wrote:
FallenChrist wrote:

Those burgers look unbelievable. I think I might be willing to wait an hour AND be served by a hipster just for one of those. I will definitely check out Reckless too.


Well, I'll probably be at Kuma's sometime on Saturday with 3 other ugly ass long hairs. If you spot us, we'll have a round.


Sweet, will do. I wonder if you're headed down there with anyone I might know...

Not to be too personal, but where generally in Minneapolis do you live? My college house is in St. Paul, but my actual home is right on the border of St. Louis Park and Minneapolis, about five minutes from uptown.


I live around the Excelsior area, most of my friends are located around the Hopkins / St. Paul area. As far as acquaintances/friends of mine you might know, jeez... name an underground / semi underground band here and I know at least 1 member... Ben from Nailed Shut, Tanner from Celestiial, Tom & Brian from Azrael, Andy from Gutstump, etc. etc. Two of the guys coming down with me are in a band called Northian and the other one is a good friend.
_________________
NuclearGoatVomit wrote:
"Burn it and then piss!

Trade/Buy/Sell!: addo_of_nex, Black_Fire, bunyip, cannibal_riot, cursed blood, dawid, Deathammer, etdeath, wvrm
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FallenChrist



Joined: 31 Mar 2009
Posts: 167
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tanner is in Obsequiae too, right? I know his bandmate Jonathen fairly well. It sounds like you have a more extensive network of Minnesota contacts than I do, haha.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
blodhemn9



Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 5004
Location: Chicago

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GHOAT wrote:
Go to any of the three Reckless Records locations. Their metal vinyl sections easily rival MH, and are cheaper. At least they were when I was there in September.


No way. I frequent MH and Reckless all the time.Reckless Doesn't have 1/3 of the LP's that metal haven has. I was just at reckless last night(picking up the primitive reaction DDTM re-issue), and all the LP's they have that MH also has, were at least $1-$3 dollars more.

Reckless is good for finding used lp's though.... metal haven usually only stock new lps.

I was suprised to see a bunch of NWN! lp's at reckless last night (for a higher price).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group