P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Kvlt ov Kalessin @ Evrovizzion
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pacifism-Sucks

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:30 am    Post subject: Kvlt ov Kalessin @ Evrovizzion Reply with quote

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=131312

Laughing

http://volcanic.thrash.lt/
http://www.forgotten-path.lt/
Reliable traders/sellers: dangerass, aeongrave, s.charlach, The Nihil Congregation
ZummahT

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahaha.. I lol'd at this:

"Some people, at least, will call us sellouts, but people saying those things are usually people who have an underground band themselves but make a living from selling hot dogs at a gas station."

Laughing

AGRATH
Grell

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another shovel of dirt over the corpse that is norwegian black metal.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, truth be told... metal could use some more exposure and popularity under it's belt. I'm sure many artists would like their efforts to pay a little better, no matter what their level of kvlt status is. Getting paid doing the things you really like is nice. No one that is creative ever wants to join and participate in the faceless corportate world of PC behaviour and expectations losing all self identity and just becoming another drone to the current economic machine but just maybe that economic machine can use a little more creative music, music actually written by the band members and played by them to make the world a little less PC and lame.

At the same time :
You certainly do not need to be friends with everyone cause they like the same band or wear the same shirts, so the whole protective instinct to guard the underground and it's preacious metal is not a worthwhile venture really. Is it really that threatening that some musicians want to try and gain more exposure by appealing to a larger base of potential fans ?
The money further exposure could pour into labels and thus further releases is a good thing. Who cares if some johnny come lately or weekend metal warrior has the same music collection as you ? Does it matter really ? It's not like that will make him and you tight friends does it ?

Honestly I would like to turn the radio on and hear Satyricon, Dimmu Borgir, or Keep of Kalessin than say 3 Doors Down, Nickelback, or whatever other lame act fills the radio waves these days.
Yea, it's still not Blasphemy, Teitanblood, or Burzum and it will never be but still, these more accessible bands are helping pave a way for more money to these types of bands as well.

Its a rotten balance to find, I understand no one wants every dolt walking around in some metal garb making everyone look that way by association, however if metal completely goes out of the spotlight then it's even harder for the last few to remain standing.
There needs to be some exposure and acceptance from the main masses or the whole scene collapses. No shows, no venues, no bands.

If a band like Keep of Kalessin wants to fight against what most of us would all consider even worse music, the pop chart acts... and they win by some chance even hanging on to a little shred of metal, that by my opinion is a good thing for this scene. Let's all get paid a little more for our artistic capabilities, who cares if that cash comes from people just hopping on the trend.
The realities of the world insist you need money to make it, even the dark blackened trolls that live in ice caves and draw down the moon for spells of blackened metal wisdom for the few. Wink
Most of them like cheeseburgers I'm certain.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adrian5118

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mad
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=840646#840646
Pacifism-Sucks

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conservationist, would you have something to add?

http://volcanic.thrash.lt/
http://www.forgotten-path.lt/
Reliable traders/sellers: dangerass, aeongrave, s.charlach, The Nihil Congregation
Kakarot SS5

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

13 wrote:

GoldenBull:
Is that you? (the one with blue jacket) Laughing

Trade/Sale:
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=40729
Sv.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I think it's less of a sellout to play in the Eurovision than to sell hot dogs

Hotdog sellers/minge eater are sell-outs ?

Black_Fire wrote:

rarely i see young girl that i dont want to fuck even when i'm drunk.... but she to ugly!
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This band hasn't been good/relevant for years. Who cares?
T├Ârrmentor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armada was boring and Kolossus was crap. Reclaim on the other hand, is a masterpiece.
masters_throne

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reclaim is a must to release on vinyl, it's about time. Love that album.

@ topic: I do not care! but this is priceless:
I think it's less of a sellout to play in the Eurovision than to sell hot dogs." haha...

= KILL I =
= KILL II =
Monsieur Morbido

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

masters_throne wrote:

@ topic: I do not care! but this is priceless:
I think it's less of a sellout to play in the Eurovision than to sell hot dogs." haha...

I agree
CORRO666iVE

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not surprised. Confused
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
karimlan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
You know, truth be told... metal could use some more exposure and popularity under it's belt. I'm sure many artists would like their efforts to pay a little better, no matter what their level of kvlt status is. Getting paid doing the things you really like is nice. No one that is creative ever wants to join and participate in the faceless corportate world of PC behaviour and expectations losing all self identity and just becoming another drone to the current economic machine but just maybe that economic machine can use a little more creative music, music actually written by the band members and played by them to make the world a little less PC and lame.

At the same time :
You certainly do not need to be friends with everyone cause they like the same band or wear the same shirts, so the whole protective instinct to guard the underground and it's preacious metal is not a worthwhile venture really. Is it really that threatening that some musicians want to try and gain more exposure by appealing to a larger base of potential fans ?
The money further exposure could pour into labels and thus further releases is a good thing. Who cares if some johnny come lately or weekend metal warrior has the same music collection as you ? Does it matter really ? It's not like that will make him and you tight friends does it ?

Honestly I would like to turn the radio on and hear Satyricon, Dimmu Borgir, or Keep of Kalessin than say 3 Doors Down, Nickelback, or whatever other lame act fills the radio waves these days.
Yea, it's still not Blasphemy, Teitanblood, or Burzum and it will never be but still, these more accessible bands are helping pave a way for more money to these types of bands as well.

Its a rotten balance to find, I understand no one wants every dolt walking around in some metal garb making everyone look that way by association, however if metal completely goes out of the spotlight then it's even harder for the last few to remain standing.
There needs to be some exposure and acceptance from the main masses or the whole scene collapses. No shows, no venues, no bands.

If a band like Keep of Kalessin wants to fight against what most of us would all consider even worse music, the pop chart acts... and they win by some chance even hanging on to a little shred of metal, that by my opinion is a good thing for this scene. Let's all get paid a little more for our artistic capabilities, who cares if that cash comes from people just hopping on the trend.
The realities of the world insist you need money to make it, even the dark blackened trolls that live in ice caves and draw down the moon for spells of blackened metal wisdom for the few. Wink
Most of them like cheeseburgers I'm certain.

I agree with most of your points here but I have to add in my bit for the part that I've highlighted:

There's really nothing to worry about when you see some obvious "here today, gone tomorrow" "metalhead." From what I've seen over the years, most people who get into Metal during their teens will "grow out of it" in about 5 years and at that the age of 22 is usually when most who are really just going through a phase finally snap out.

Annoying? Yeah to a certain degree, but the great thing is that for every 10 of these "here today, gone tomorrow" types who came from the main masses, there'll be around 2 who stay on because this is the the music that they really like and chances are that they would not have discovered Metal if there hadn't been any exposure given to some key "gateway" bands.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: