P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

I really hate the Southern Lord forums
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
masters_throne

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it would be cool to see you posting here, too: http://forum.mastersthrone.de/

I handle it like Yosuke, stupid threads will be erased immediately. Just read the announcment.

= KILL I =
= KILL II =

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humus wrote:
Haha, forums. Krieg looks down to FMP looks down to blackmetal.uk and whatnot.
There are actually some people around there who know their metal. Who know more than me and probably more than most posters on this forum too. But I must say I only read one out of every twenty topics made there because I don't care about experimental/godknowswhatallthosebandsplay music.

blackmetal.uk is probably the worst fucking message board I have ever seen. It's like the myspace forum of black metal. I've had a couple of assholes actually PMing me asking shit like "I want blahblahblah item off ur list but tell me first r u nazi??? if so i do not buy" and nonsense like that just because my name happens to be Wilhelm. What a bunch of PC fucks.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

markos wrote:
while i doubt that the SL board ever had a good period, i know what you're saying.

I thought Southern Lord used to be a really good label. When the focus was on doom and sludge Southern Lord put out some great records by Burning Witch, Grief, Toadliquor, Khanate, The Obsessed, etc. I think the quality started to sink when the label strayed away from it's prime focus and when the Probot album came out and Sunn O))) became a darling in Wire Magazine that all these douches were attracted to the label. The board was not focused on limited editions back then either (2001-2003-ish), I remember the Goatsnake and Khanate-vinyls were available in the Southern Lord store for over a year before selling out.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have way more in common with whats going on here music wise but still post there out of habit. Theres been a noticable influx of annoying kids in the past year or so but who cares really, theres still good people posting there. If an internet forum bothers you that much maybe get out more.

I did start a thread about SOL Let There Be A Massacre and I think only IronBloodBlasphemy and duff138 replied. That was a damn shame.
markos

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fish hook wrote:
I have way more in common with whats going on here music wise but still post there out of habit. Theres been a noticable influx of annoying kids in the past year or so but who cares really, theres still good people posting there. If an internet forum bothers you that much maybe get out more.

I did start a thread about SOL Let There Be A Massacre and I think only IronBloodBlasphemy and duff138 replied. That was a damn shame.

i get out plenty, thanks. like i said, i was venting.
gravesnatcher

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HELLRIDE has a decent Forum.I learn about upcoming releases and concerts and good informative reviews and interviews.
Thorgrim

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gravesnatcher wrote:
HELLRIDE has a decent Forum.I learn about upcoming releases and concerts and good informative reviews and interviews.

Agreed. Especially because of the Miskatonic updates (and ofcourse Herr Walker's brilliant sense of humor Laughing ).

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

markos wrote:
fish hook wrote:

just speaking in generalities, not trying to be wise-ass. (which is out of character)
markos

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fish hook wrote:
markos wrote:
fish hook wrote:

just speaking in generalities, not trying to be wise-ass. (which is out of character)

cool.....thanks for the clarification. <--- that is NOT sarcasm, either.
Ykh

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know SL's forum, but FMP's forum is the worst one I've ever seen. It's really FULL of low-life wannabe-cult losers spending their days trying to prove they're more evil and know more about metal than anyone else. I just saw the Barbatos / Incriminated topic, there's no word to qualify the stupidity of those people. I'd love to see if they are so provocative in real life, I bet they're just some little shy pussies who got teased by their school mates when they were children, hahahah. It's incredible...

I think NWN!'s forum and Warlust are the best & only forums I'm visiting, the rest is a total waste of time.
Mz412

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of such Forums i will only look for Information about
releases. At Southern Lord i seen some Infos about Sunn or
Boris, if i see a release i don't know. But i won't write there.
FMP i look for Trades, Krieg Forum i can't write so fuck this
of. M:A i never looked, but Trade People are in all Forums
elsewhere, so it doesn't matter.

In this one i went to look about newest NWN Products and
to ask directly if something is Questionable.

By the Way, i can't open the NWN Mailorder correctly, i don't
know why, but it turns my PC extremely slow and then it
hangs up Crying or Very sad
TryMyTrust

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the metal archives forums sucks. like 100% of the thread deal with power metal and the such...

metal-realms forums are ok..but people rarely post and since every band has a forum it's not really usuer friendly. you got to switch to each forum and shit.

relapse forums were ok but it was more like if you werent a member since it started you were looked down upon.

this has been the first forum that;s been all chill...the inside jokes are to a minimal.
huja

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mz412 wrote:
Most of such Forums i will only look for Information about
releases. At Southern Lord i seen some Infos about Sunn or
Boris, if i see a release i don't know. But i won't write there.
FMP i look for Trades, Krieg Forum i can't write so fuck this
of. M:A i never looked, but Trade People are in all Forums
elsewhere, so it doesn't matter.

In this one i went to look about newest NWN Products and
to ask directly if something is Questionable.

By the Way, i can't open the NWN Mailorder correctly, i don't
know why, but it turns my PC extremely slow and then it
hangs up Crying or Very sad

hehe happens to me too. it's best to right click on an image and go to block all images from nwnprod.com it only does it for me on the mainpage.
Straxus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

recently i subscribed to this forum...
http://www.blackmetal.co.uk/ForumsPro.html

but now I can not log in ....

Somebody has the same problem???
schadel_reich

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Straxus wrote:
recently i subscribed to this forum...
http://www.blackmetal.co.uk/ForumsPro.html

but now I can not log in ....

Somebody has the same problem???

Advice: don't post there. Doing so will result in you getting AIDS, cancer, chlamydia and diabetes. There generally is no discussion of music, only tonnes of threads about racism and Nazism or instead how people are feeling like or other shit like that.

AVOID! Be glad that you can't log in.

Also, it may just be that the whole website has crashed. Either way, be glad and don't post at all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: