P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

USURPER split up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:31 am    Post subject: USURPER split up Reply with quote

"After 13 and a half years, 5 studio albums and hundreds of concerts in 17 different countries around the world, Usurper has come to an end. Everyone in Usurper would like to thank their die-hard fans and friends for over a decade of Metal insanity! This decision was very hard for the members of the band, but as the saying goes, 'all things must come to an end'.

Although the decision to end Usurper wasn't easy, it was the right thing to do. Unfortunately, between member changes, label issues and lack of communication between the remaining band members, now was the time to nail up the Usurper coffin so to speak.

The official MySpace page will still be maintained and we will try to keep everyone updated on what the remaining band members are up to. Rick has started a new band called Nightshade [www.myspace.com/nightshadeofficial] and Jon and Chris will also pursue other musical outlets. Be sure to check this MySpace page in the near future, for news about such musical en devours.

Again, thank you for your support - we will try to respond to any comments and help answer any further questions.

Usurper (1993-2007)"

It was damn' about time, this band only released piles of crap and their pathetic 'i'm soooo metal and tough' gimmick was truely laughable. I can't believe I once liked them.
peterott

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sad to hear. Celtic Frost influenced Metal for the win forever. That also means I can finally remove the Necrocult 7" from my want-list that got announced 10 years ago in their Threshold... MCD.

RIP
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't like anything they did after Threshold MCD. They suffered from a bad drum sound on almost all of their albums.

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

Sepulchral_Vomit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aaarrrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh!!
Carcass Chris must rise ETERNAL HATRED! Chicago Death Metal Vengance Commands!!!!
Nocturnal Deathstrike

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somehow I thought they already split up 5 years ago or something ?
Anyway, I only have their first 2 albums which I liked, but havenīt listened in years.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they had their bit of popularity at the time of the thrash-revival trend in the late 90ies, somehow their Frost rip off garbage managed to gain them a few fans. Their music was always too 'overdone' and their truediehardmetalheadbangertothebone retarded attitude didn't help either. To be honest I didn't check the stuff they released on Earache, was that any better?
Stygian Shadows 'zine

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nocturnal Deathstrike wrote:
Somehow I thought they already split up 5 years ago or something ?
Anyway, I only have their first 2 albums which I liked, but havenīt listened in years.

The same with me, I've their first 4 stuffs on vinyl, I liked all though never heard any of them released by Earache...
I feel sorry for their split-up.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LexTalionis wrote:
To be honest I didn't check the stuff they released on Earache, was that any better?

Their worst releases in my opinion, with lame songs like "Kill for Metal" they are even more truediehardmetalheadbangertothebone than before... avoid !

Listen by yourself:
www.myspace.com/usurpermetal

I like their early stuff though, good DM with crushing sound.
dawid

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Earache TWILIGHT DOMINION fucking kills with one of the greats voks of General diabolical Slaughter, tracks like Vatican Time machine, invicible overlords, golem... more are KLASSIKKKK!!!!Love them!
Last one CD Cryptobeast is just good with another poorly vokalist Dan Tyrantor...
ETERNAL HATRED was great!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=197789841
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: