P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

NUNSLAUGHTER - An Evening At War Lp & pic LP
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goab

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject: NUNSLAUGHTER - An Evening At War Lp & pic LP Reply with quote

For those of you who don't know about this great release.

LP and pic LP versions limited to 100. LP already sold out, picture Lp still available. Contains the first Nunslaughter show ever. Each record has got differnet artwork.

Follow the links to HHR for additional info:

http://shop-hellsheadbangers.com/item.asp?cID=0&PID=4948

http://shop-hellsheadbangers.com/item.asp?cID=0&PID=4951
minge-eater

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

all 3 versions are on the way to me as i type this

TRUE KVNT
Descension twat of the year
bmdk666

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to say that this is one of the coolest ideas for a release ever. The little booklet with all 100 drawings sealed the deal for me. A very unique and over-the-top release to be sure.
segerhuva

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HHR webshop says that there are currently SEVEN copies left of the pic LP version. So... better hurry if you want one, I guess.
thrashbeast

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nunslaughter hasn't ever really done anything for me. Their over the top satanic image and lyrical content wears thin after a short amount of time and leaves a lot to be desired. The ironic thing is, it seems to be what keeps this band in business. Also, I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that they seem to cater to the metal collector types that crave limited edition releases and such.

Regarding this release, hand-drawn covers are a pretty cool concept. However, the artwork is something I would have appreciated a lot more say 15 years ago. Maybe I'm just getting old and boring? Another thing, I think I heard one live album from them over the years and it was just horrid. The sound quality was the worst thing I had ever heard on a live recording and it was supposedly recorded through the soundboard. I remember a few years back when my local store had gotten in Hell's Unholy Fire and since it wasn't sealed, I was able to listen to it. I think that's probably the best stuff I've heard from them. Like I said before though, most of it is just sort of meh...
IronBloodBlasphemy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really appreciate the wanna be Sabbat direction in terms of the massive release schedule. Sadly, Abigail seems to be going the same route Mad
However, Nunslaughter are great! Especially live!
Stygian Shadows 'zine

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronBloodBlasphemy wrote:
I don't really appreciate the wanna be Sabbat direction in terms of the massive release schedule. Sadly, Abigail seems to be going the same route Mad

Who the fuck cares if they've many releases??? A real fan buy everything!!!
Very Happy
Mz412

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stygian Shadows 'zine wrote:

Who the fuck cares if they've many releases??? A real fan buy everything!!!
Very Happy

Laughing

lim. 14 Releases for over $3.000 ?
Not Nunslaughter, other Band but Crazy as Fuck
monsterSquad

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i played with them while on tour in Germany, I agree they were good live. not really my particular taste in music though
segerhuva

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't heard everything they've ever done, but I really liked the live recording on the Waiting to Kill Christ 2LP, so I decided to pick this one up.

If anyone knows where to find Hell's UNholy Fire on vinyl, let me know... Heard a lot of good about that one.
CR99

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would like to have the watercolor Edition lim13 or the like. Just because of that.
I like both Sabbat & Nunslaughter and don't care if they put out stuff every week, if this stuff looks good and has worthy content. It's really a pain for my bank account though....
Stygian Shadows 'zine

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CR99 wrote:
Would like to have the watercolor Edition lim13 or the like. Just because of that.
I like both Sabbat & Nunslaughter and don't care if they put out stuff every week, if this stuff looks good and has worthy content. It's really a pain for my bank account though....

The same for me! I also like both bands and collect all of their worthy stuffs!!!
In Hungary a really few people likes these bands but both are known.
This new LP looks fucking cool and I'm one the fortunate guys who will have one copy...
speedeathrash

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vaguely feel like a sucker but I had to get one of these. Nunslaughter and Sabbat have a ridiculous number of releases out, but it's stupid to just buy everything they churn out. I can TOTALLY appreciate the collecting aspect of these bands, but do I really need 5 or 6 shitty incomprehensible live bootleg LP's of Sabbat? Personally, no. I enjoy their studio stuff.

If this NS release was just a regular LP, I probably wouldn't have bothered, but the collector in me was inflamed by the different covers... it's a cool idea.
Thorgrim

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also got me a copy. The concept of those hand drawn covers is awesome, and of course I'm also interested in the music (their first gig, if I remember correctly).

In terms of collecting Sabbat/Nunslaughter: I buy some Nunslaughter releases (HMSS LPs, full length albums, special box sets, and weird stuff like the An Evening At War LP), and I buy basically everything I can find by Sabbat (except maybe all those 7''). What can I say, it's Sabbat....
Mitch339

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of Nunslaughter, does anyone else own the Die Hard Silver Version of Hex? It seems that on my copy the first track skips, anyone else have this problem?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: