P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Paul Ledney
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goab

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:49 am    Post subject: Paul Ledney Reply with quote

I always have been very curious about Paul Ledney's persona. There isn't that much known about him and he tends to appear and disappear every once in a while (rememeber when he resurrected Havoej from the ashes and started Necroscope to release his material, which finally lasted for not so long).

Now that he seems to be more active than ever and with a new brilliant Profanatica album corrupting our souls, I'd like to know your imrpessions about his music, his personality, share weird stories about him, whatever... This could be a good way (and a trustworthy source) to have some extended information about such an essential musician. Anyone of you guys know him personally?
illomen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"a new brilliant Profanatica album corrupting our souls"

corrupting my goddamn bank account is more like it...why on earth would anyone listen to that half assed record. i mean when youre in the mood for profanatica youll never reach for this new record. well, i wouldnt at least... i spent way too much on those goddamn "die hard" versions. i dont regret it but i wish the record were better.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

illomen wrote:
".why on earth would anyone listen to that half assed record

wow dude..that's pretty harsh...i think that record is amazing... my favorite of the year.
(I know I'm gonna get shit for this), but i think it's the new Seven Churches....that's how much of a future classic i think it is.
Goab

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damon wrote:
illomen wrote:

wow dude..that's pretty harsh...i think that record is amazing... my favorite of the year.
(I know I'm gonna get shit for this), but i think it's the new Seven Churches....that's how much of a future classic i think it is.

I think it's Profanatica at its very best but nastier, even more simplistic, ten thousand times unholier and perverse to the fucking core. The album of the year? Probably not but among my top ten favest for sure
illomen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the new seven churches??? what? i mean its cool that some people are into this...it seems to produce very polar opposite responses from people. vocals are great as usual for profanatica, riffs are mediocre (especially when compared to classic profanatica/havohej) but the real crime is the use of drum machine. why on earth would ledney use a drum machine? makes the record pretty unlistenable in my opinion. the cheezy inhumanly fast bass drum rolls and sterile perfectly synched snares sound so weak...and honestly, if it wasnt called profanatica, most people wouldnt even give it a second listen.
illomen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

by the way, im listening to this right now to try to see what the allure is and its still coming up short.
illomen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and dont get me wrong, im not saying its a terrible album, just that because its profantica i think its should be judged at a higher standard rather than a lower standard. the album has some great moments but overall i think it is substandard.
Dhorshonkari

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

illomen wrote:
the new seven churches??? what? vocals are great as usual for profanatica, riffs are mediocre (especially when compared to classic profanatica/havohej) but the real crime is the use of drum machine. why on earth would ledney use a drum machine? makes the record pretty unlistenable in my opinion. the cheezy inhumanly fast bass drum rolls and sterile perfectly synched snares sound so weak...and honestly, if it wasnt called profanatica, most people wouldnt even give it a second listen.

The over-the-top drumming and tortured vocals were always my favorite parts about Profanatica. What the fuck he was thinking with the drum machine I have no idea, it sounds retarded.

Still a harsh album overall but didn't come close to my expectations.
Sepulchral_Vomit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damon wrote:
illomen wrote:

...but i think it's the new Seven Churches....that's how much of a future classic i think it is.

The new "Seven Churches"?????????????????????
A "new classic"????????????????????????????????
MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

LoL
thrashbeast

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure about the new Profanatica, either. I haven't listened to it that much, but I had to see what all the fuss was about.

Regarding the drum sound, I was actually thinking it was a v-drum kit. Either way, why Ledney (who's a drummer, correct?) would choose electronic drums, especially on a black metal album, is beyond me. Something else that also bothered me was the little hiss and scratch sounds in certain areas on the album. Maybe it was the download, if not, this album was horribly produced. And what about the die-hard version of the album? Fucking insence? That shit is so gimmicky and gay. The dude in the other thread said it was Ledney's idea, too.

As far as stories go, I hear there's an interview on video done by Duke from Grinding Peace records (who marketed the first Havohej 7") where Ledney is jerking off and cumming on the bible and drinking his own piss. Just really vile, stupid shit.
Goab

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as stories go, I hear there's an interview on video done by Duke from Grinding Peace records (who marketed the first Havohej 7") where Ledney is jerking off and cumming on the bible and drinking his own piss. Just really vile, stupid shit.[/quote]

Anyone has got this video interview?

I wouldn't consider the new Profanatica album on the same league than "Seven churches" (as we say on Spain "There's nothing written about personal tastes), but Ledney's work is my weakness and so this record (despite the drum machine) has touched my darkest side.
CR99

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weren't the first 100 of whatever EPs by Profanatica smeared with semen and blood?

Also the interview from 1993 in the die hard compilation 2LP 50% consisting of "I like to fuck ass".

such a dirty boy Embarassed Rolling Eyes

I'm waiting for my die hard copies though. WHICH ARE IN THE CUSTOMS, again.
It's the first time I heard that a drummachine is used there, which sucks big ass. I hope it's still a great album.

With that bible cumshot, it's a fake according to the interview and actually a videoclip. It's not real sperm he's licking off.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah...and all these guys in all these bands we all listen to are satanists and anarchists and perverts..etc.. Rolling Eyes
WAKE UP PEOPLE!...this is nothing more than THEATER...FANTASY...and for those who appreciate it as that, congratulations...you get it..
As for the rest of the idiots that actually buy into this world as reality...GROW UP...or kill yourself for Satan or True Black Metal or whatever...it got Dead and Euronymous pretty far.
Pazuzu

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa, wait a minute -- a drum machine? Paul actually used a drum machine, or an electronic kit? I can understand if he used an electronic kit to keep his neighbors from complaining if he doesn't have adequate sound proofing, but a drum machine? Why the fuck would a drummer use a drum machine?
"Order From Chaos, this band knows how to metal and they know how to satan and they most definitely know how to arghgh. It dosen't suck dick and thats why faggots don't like them. I have entered the stillbirth machine, I suggest you cum too."
Goab

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damon wrote:
yeah...and all these guys in all these bands we all listen to are satanists and anarchists and perverts..etc.. Rolling Eyes
WAKE UP PEOPLE!...this is nothing more than THEATER...FANTASY...and for those who appreciate it as that, congratulations...you get it..
As for the rest of the idiots that actually buy into this world as reality...GROW UP...or kill yourself for Satan or True Black Metal or whatever...it got Dead and Euronymous pretty far.

I'm pretty sure since day one that Ledney doesn't stands in his real life for what he states on interviews. And yes, I agree with you about the theatrical side of this music. The fact is that I appreciate the way Paul has crafted the image of all his bands and projects surrounding them all with a hideous misterious nasty controversial side. The only thing I'm not fond of are the current design of some of his releases like the new Profanatica album or the Havoej MCD. Where is the simplistic inspiration of the old Havoej vinyl layouts?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: