P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Tha-Norr

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:37 pm    Post subject: Tha-Norr Reply with quote

Since we're doing Germany and NEP I thought I'd throw Tha-Norr on and see what people think of them. The demo was fucking good but the cd kinda dissapointed me. The snare drum was non existant on some tracks and the artwork for fucking awful and the band photo with the guy (Henrik?) "flying" was hilarious. Would have liked to heard something more from them..
Dodens Grav

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never heard the demo (I was like, 7 when it came out after all), but based on Wolfenzeitalter, I think Tha-Norr is a pretty good band. Nothing special and not something I would play often, but definitely a good band. And I thought the cover art was fine. Razz
masters_throne

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The band is a great one! The demo as well as the one and only album are full of hate and an unholy atmosphere is accompanied by the whole songs. I bought their demo in 1994/95 from Perverted Taste and the CD I got in a cheap package directly from Opyros. I think the main reason the drum sound lacks of power is due to the fact is that it is a drum-computer, if I am right. Have to take a listen today. Didn't listen to them in a long time.

I never liked the cover of the CD, but the demo artwork is great (simple but effective). Would like to have it on vinyl...

= KILL I =
= KILL II =
Voidhanger

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Tha-Norr Reply with quote

Digerdöden wrote:
the band photo with the guy (Henrik?) "flying" was hilarious.

If you look carefully, you can see he's actually strung up by the arms to the tree. I think he's supposed to be getting tortured or something. Guess the picture didn't turn out that well. Laughing
masters_throne

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:01 am    Post subject: Re: Tha-Norr Reply with quote

Voidhanger wrote:
Digerdöden wrote:

If you look carefully, you can see he's actually strung up by the arms to the tree. I think he's supposed to be getting tortured or something. Guess the picture didn't turn out that well. Laughing

Yes, especially because it looks like he is smiling, instead having a tortured soul/face...

= KILL I =
= KILL II =

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

masters_throne wrote:
I think the main reason the drum sound lacks of power is due to the fact is that it is a drum-computer, if I am right. Have to take a listen today. Didn't listen to them in a long time.

I never liked the cover of the CD, but the demo artwork is great (simple but effective). Would like to have it on vinyl...

I'm pretty sure they had a session drummer for the album.
masters_throne

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Digerdöden wrote:
masters_throne wrote:
I think the main reason the drum sound lacks of power is due to the fact is that it is a drum-computer, if I am right. Have to take a listen today. Didn't listen to them in a long time.

Really? A really bad one then. I listened to the album today and I have to say it really sounds like a drum-pc in my ears...

= KILL I =
= KILL II =

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

masters_throne wrote:
Digerdöden wrote:
masters_throne wrote:

Really? A really bad one then. I listened to the album today and I have to say it really sounds like a drum-pc in my ears...

you could be right. might have been the demo they used a session drummer?. it was one of them anyway. don't have my tapes around me at the moment...
Voidhanger

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: Tha-Norr Reply with quote

masters_throne wrote:
Voidhanger wrote:
Digerdöden wrote:

Yes, especially because it looks like he is smiling, instead having a tortured soul/face...

Maybe he's enjoying it in a nice masochistic of way? Either way, goofy picture. I thought it looked like he was sliding on the snow on his stomach and about to go off a jump.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: