P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

Tha-Norr

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Guest






PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:37 pm    Post subject: Tha-Norr Reply with quote

Since we're doing Germany and NEP I thought I'd throw Tha-Norr on and see what people think of them. The demo was fucking good but the cd kinda dissapointed me. The snare drum was non existant on some tracks and the artwork for fucking awful and the band photo with the guy (Henrik?) "flying" was hilarious. Would have liked to heard something more from them..
Back to top
Dodens Grav



Joined: 12 Jun 2007
Posts: 1601

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never heard the demo (I was like, 7 when it came out after all), but based on Wolfenzeitalter, I think Tha-Norr is a pretty good band. Nothing special and not something I would play often, but definitely a good band. And I thought the cover art was fine. Razz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
masters_throne



Joined: 20 Feb 2007
Posts: 3435
Location: GERMANY

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The band is a great one! The demo as well as the one and only album are full of hate and an unholy atmosphere is accompanied by the whole songs. I bought their demo in 1994/95 from Perverted Taste and the CD I got in a cheap package directly from Opyros. I think the main reason the drum sound lacks of power is due to the fact is that it is a drum-computer, if I am right. Have to take a listen today. Didn't listen to them in a long time.

I never liked the cover of the CD, but the demo artwork is great (simple but effective). Would like to have it on vinyl...
_________________

= KILL I =
= KILL II =
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Voidhanger



Joined: 11 Oct 2007
Posts: 1257
Location: Kanada

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Tha-Norr Reply with quote

Digerdöden wrote:
the band photo with the guy (Henrik?) "flying" was hilarious.


If you look carefully, you can see he's actually strung up by the arms to the tree. I think he's supposed to be getting tortured or something. Guess the picture didn't turn out that well. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
masters_throne



Joined: 20 Feb 2007
Posts: 3435
Location: GERMANY

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:01 am    Post subject: Re: Tha-Norr Reply with quote

Voidhanger wrote:
Digerdöden wrote:
the band photo with the guy (Henrik?) "flying" was hilarious.


If you look carefully, you can see he's actually strung up by the arms to the tree. I think he's supposed to be getting tortured or something. Guess the picture didn't turn out that well. Laughing


Yes, especially because it looks like he is smiling, instead having a tortured soul/face...
_________________

= KILL I =
= KILL II =
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Guest






PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

masters_throne wrote:
I think the main reason the drum sound lacks of power is due to the fact is that it is a drum-computer, if I am right. Have to take a listen today. Didn't listen to them in a long time.

I never liked the cover of the CD, but the demo artwork is great (simple but effective). Would like to have it on vinyl...


I'm pretty sure they had a session drummer for the album.
Back to top
masters_throne



Joined: 20 Feb 2007
Posts: 3435
Location: GERMANY

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Digerdöden wrote:
masters_throne wrote:
I think the main reason the drum sound lacks of power is due to the fact is that it is a drum-computer, if I am right. Have to take a listen today. Didn't listen to them in a long time.

I never liked the cover of the CD, but the demo artwork is great (simple but effective). Would like to have it on vinyl...


I'm pretty sure they had a session drummer for the album.


Really? A really bad one then. I listened to the album today and I have to say it really sounds like a drum-pc in my ears...
_________________

= KILL I =
= KILL II =
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Guest






PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

masters_throne wrote:
Digerdöden wrote:
masters_throne wrote:
I think the main reason the drum sound lacks of power is due to the fact is that it is a drum-computer, if I am right. Have to take a listen today. Didn't listen to them in a long time.

I never liked the cover of the CD, but the demo artwork is great (simple but effective). Would like to have it on vinyl...


I'm pretty sure they had a session drummer for the album.


Really? A really bad one then. I listened to the album today and I have to say it really sounds like a drum-pc in my ears...


you could be right. might have been the demo they used a session drummer?. it was one of them anyway. don't have my tapes around me at the moment...
Back to top
Voidhanger



Joined: 11 Oct 2007
Posts: 1257
Location: Kanada

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: Tha-Norr Reply with quote

masters_throne wrote:
Voidhanger wrote:
Digerdöden wrote:
the band photo with the guy (Henrik?) "flying" was hilarious.


If you look carefully, you can see he's actually strung up by the arms to the tree. I think he's supposed to be getting tortured or something. Guess the picture didn't turn out that well. Laughing


Yes, especially because it looks like he is smiling, instead having a tortured soul/face...


Maybe he's enjoying it in a nice masochistic of way? Either way, goofy picture. I thought it looked like he was sliding on the snow on his stomach and about to go off a jump.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group