P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Black Metal Revolution - A book project
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood and Thunder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:28 am    Post subject: Black Metal Revolution - A book project Reply with quote

I've been working through some ideas that I want to compile into a book and think I have come up with something interesting and achievable.

I'm interested to hear people's thoughts, and if you like the idea, please spread the word to people you know in bands.

Obviously there are a few interview subjects that wouldn't be able to participate for obvious reasons, though I don't think that needs to lessen the impact of this project.

Site address: www.blackmetalrevolution.com

[/i]
Then the devil must...

http://www.blackmetalrevolution.com/preview.html
http://www.blackmetalrevolution.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/bmrevolution
Conservationist
banned

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Similar project -- if you work with him, you stand a better chance of success:

http://www.thestenchofblackmetal.com/
passetiermes

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The same guy is behind both pages, I think he just changed the name/something about the concept?
DSS

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The idea is laughable! Seriously, "Black Metal" and "Revolution" should not be used together in one sentence. What exactly was achieved through Black Metal? A few churches burned down, a couple people got killed, some commited suicide, some went to jail and the majority of the people in most bands are weak alcoholics and drug addicts. By 1995 the whole idea of Black Metal became a joke and a money making machine. Nothing will ever be accomplished through Black Metal.

I read the "mission" statement on the website and I understand that the idea is based on albums which influenced. The problem I see is that the majority of the bands which I see on the page; Venom, Bathory, Celtic Frost, etc. admitted that they were never serious about their beliefs. Venom was a joke. Bathory knew nothing about Satanism, etc. Then you have Mayhem and the truth about Euronymous was exposed, most people from the old Norwegian scene think he was wimp.

Simply put, what other useful info can be added that was not included in "Lord of chaos" for example? Numerous documentary films have been made as well in the past few years about BM and everything has already been said and repeated over and over again.
passetiermes

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSS wrote:
Then you have Mayhem and the truth about Euronymous was exposed, most people from the old Norwegian scene think he was wimp.

Laughing

Can you enlighten me on the wimp/not wimp categories?
What was Euros big mistake so that he was
Quote:
exposed wimp

when compared to others?

Last edited by passetiermes on Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Iscariah

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSS wrote:
The idea is laughable! Seriously, "Black Metal" and "Revolution" should not be used together in one sentence. What exactly was achieved through Black Metal? A few churches burned down, a couple people got killed, some commited suicide, some went to jail and the majority of the people in most bands are weak alcoholics and drug addicts. By 1995 the whole idea of Black Metal became a joke and a money making machine. Nothing will ever be accomplished through Black Metal.

I read the "mission" statement on the website and I understand that the idea is based on albums which influenced. The problem I see is that the majority of the bands which I see on the page; Venom, Bathory, Celtic Frost, etc. admitted that they were never serious about their beliefs. Venom was a joke. Bathory knew nothing about Satanism, etc. Then you have Mayhem and the truth about Euronymous was exposed, most people from the old Norwegian scene think he was wimp.

Simply put, what other useful info can be added that was not included in "Lord of chaos" for example? Numerous documentary films have been made as well in the past few years about BM and everything has already been said and repeated over and over again.

Alright, so I am very curious to hear who these "most people" are from the Norwegian scene. Care to share any examples? I would not base my sources on "Lords of Chaos", but I guess many do..
ryan_the_snake

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conservationist wrote:

From that website:

ANUS.com has said, more or less, all that needs to be said about black metal.

Yikes!!!
Conservationist
banned

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSS wrote:
What exactly was achieved through Black Metal?

A large portion of at least one generation stopped repeating Baby Boomer pap and turned toward a more historically accurate view of what's wrong with modern society. Again, it's a form of Romanticism -- only someone who truly doesn't know history would argue against this -- which espouses the ancient, the passionate, the elitist, the personal and the rejection of the madding crowd.
DSS

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iscariah wrote:
DSS wrote:

Alright, so I am very curious to hear who these "most people" are from the Norwegian scene. Care to share any examples? I would not base my sources on "Lords of Chaos", but I guess many do..

Have you seen "Once upon a time in Norway"? Probably the best film made about the Norwegian scene from the old days. In the film Manheim makes some valid points. Looks like he made something out of his life.

Here's a link to youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WF0RPydCRwI

You will find other parts when you follow this link.
The_Elite

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There Iscariah you have been told!!! Wink Laughing
Conservationist
banned

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryan_the_snake wrote:
Conservationist wrote:

From that website:

ANUS.com has said, more or less, all that needs to be said about black metal.

Yikes!!!

Didn't know about that. However, that's one line of six pages of things people have written about black metal -- so probably 2% of what is being said there.

I didn't know Black Metal Revolution was by the same author.

I think this is a worthy project: if you like black metal, you realize that what makes it different are the ideas and worldview behind it.

That should be documented and shoved down the fucking throats of the rest of the world!
Kosmik Sacrifice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's with all the shitty black and death metal books/documentaries that are coming out lately, there's no need for them, half of them are just telling the same stories over and over again, most people into black metal should know these stories already anyway.
masters_throne

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kosmik Sacrifice wrote:
What's with all the shitty black and death metal books/documentaries that are coming out lately, there's no need for them, half of them are just telling the same stories over and over again, most people into black metal should know these stories already anyway.

Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

= KILL I =
= KILL II =
passetiermes

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kosmik Sacrifice wrote:

In regards to films/documents/TV programs, I haven't seen any since the svarte tårtor nor do I care to see any, but why on earth can't you people never understand that those type of films are not targeted primarly to bm audience. They are films made by "outsiders" to "outsiders". Whether you "insiders" like them is neither here nor there, you are not the target audience.
Esoteric

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As someone already said, black metal and revolution do not go hand in hand. Black metal as music is used as an outlet for venting and is used in order to avoid confrontation, responsibility of everyday life, and conflict in general by fantasy and gaming nerds. The closest one comes to achieving total black metal revolutionistic enlightment is sporting a shirt with an illegible logo on it. It also doesn't help when there is mention of black metal in Guitar Hero 5, which many people will just laugh at and pass off as some childish/nerdy thing you must be trying to emulate from a video game. General society doesn't know anything about black metal and will immediately categorize this as theatric, comedic, or simply immature. Hip hop and rap is more threatening to society than black metal ever was.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: