P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Grotesque appreciation
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GenericBlackMetalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:53 am    Post subject: Grotesque appreciation Reply with quote

How great is this release?
Any similar bands/releases? Shocked
Sunnportal

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really great.

You'll struggle to find somebody that doesn't like this material.
VnholyCvntz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the best DM bands from Sweden, although some of the songs aren't as great as others on this release. The Incantation EP and The Black Gate is Closed demo on the other hand, are pretty much perfect.
Pestkrieg

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there ever going to be a decent reissue of their material, or at least an EU distributed one?

If not, does anywhere have the recent DLP in stock still?

Last edited by Pestkrieg on Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Chit019

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pestkrieg wrote:
Is there ever going to be a decent reissue of their material, or at least an EU distributed one?

If not, does anywhere have the recent DLP in stock still?[/i]

I'm surprised that the recent reissue is actually decent, both packaging and sound wise compared to the original incantation mlp and the first "in the embrace.."lp by dolores.
Tireheb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chit019 wrote:
Pestkrieg wrote:

I'm surprised that the recent reissue is actually decent, both packaging and sound wise compared to the original incantation mlp and the first "in the embrace.."lp by dolores.

Only thing that bothers is that it's double on 45 RPM when the music would fit easily on just one disc. Fuck this audiophile bullshit...

"You can't hide the hook!"
IIIRD GATEKEEPER

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:33 am    Post subject: Re: Grotesque appreciation Reply with quote

GenericBlackMetalhead wrote:
Any similar bands/releases? Shocked

Bloodstone - Hour of the Gate

Aeonblade wrote:
Hyper distorted go nowhere songs with feedback sections. It's like everything wrong with doom.
Chit019

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tireheb wrote:
Chit019 wrote:
Pestkrieg wrote:

Only thing that bothers is that it's double on 45 RPM when the music would fit easily on just one disc. Fuck this audiophile bullshit...

Never a fan of 12"/45, What a bother of filliping the records after 10 mins. something instead of just enjoying your drink sitting down, First world problems.
passetiermes

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A unique band for sure.
In true voicesfromthedarkside-fashion, here's a very thorough interview in case you haven't already seen it.
http://www.voicesfromthedarkside.de/Interviews/GROTESQUE--6902.html
Haunt In The Dark

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chit019 wrote:
Tireheb wrote:

Never a fan of 12"/45, What a bother of filliping the records after 10 mins. something instead of just enjoying your drink sitting down, First world problems.

Are you guys insane? What's the point of buying records if you're not doing it for the sound? If you don't want to flip the record, buy a CD instead and put in on repeat. 45rpm 12"es are the best vinyl format imho, the best sounding one at least (when it's not an atrocious picture disc, that is.)
Chit019

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haunt In The Dark wrote:
Chit019 wrote:
Tireheb wrote:

Are you guys insane? What's the point of buying records if you're not doing it for the sound? If you don't want to flip the record, buy a CD instead and put in on repeat. 45rpm 12"es are the best vinyl format imho, the best sounding one at least (when it's not an atrocious picture disc, that is.)

No, i'm just lazy to get off my seat. Not because it's 45rpm it means it has better sound, I have a bunch of old 33 sounding better than the 45 re-issues.
Haunt In The Dark

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chit019 wrote:
Haunt In The Dark wrote:
Chit019 wrote:
Tireheb wrote:

No, i'm just lazy to get off my seat. Not because it's 45rpm it means it has better sound, I have a bunch of old 33 sounding better than the 45 re-issues.

I was right, you're insane. You can't compare 33rpm LPs recorded and mastered by pros who spent their days doing just that in the 70's or 80's with 45rpm 7"es pressed on splatter colour through Pirates Press 2 years ago. The old dudes could make single LPs with 50 minutes of music on them sound crisp and loud as hell. Nowadays, hardly anyone does that anymore (whereas it's crucial for a record to sound good imho) because labels prefer to pay plants that halfass everything in-house.
Chit019

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's cool. Because we all know you need audiophile quality music in black metal. Talk more of your vinyl stories on other hundreds of topics in the forum, this is about Grotesque.
eighthplague

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

passetiermes wrote:
A unique band for sure.
In true voicesfromthedarkside-fashion, here's a very thorough interview in case you haven't already seen it.
http://www.voicesfromthedarkside.de/Interviews/GROTESQUE--6902.html

Awesome, thanks!
Haunt In The Dark

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chit019 wrote:
That's cool. Because we all know you need audiophile quality music in black metal. Talk more of your vinyl stories on other hundreds of topics in the forum, this is about Grotesque.

Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: