P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

SODOM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bestial Walrus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there any bootlegs floating around, audio or video, recorded during the Tapping the Vein era, with the line up from that album??
LefterisK

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, guys. Here's one very simple question for you: I having been meaning to check Sodom's discography more thoroughly for a long time; I have listened to their 80s material mostly because of their significant influence on the Norwegian black metal wave, but my knowledge on their discography ends there. According to many, the band has always put out quality material but what are the absolutely essential Sodom albums in your opinion? Thanks in advance!
DISGUSTOR666

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is here going to be a tapping the vein reissue LP?
Out Now:
Blaspherian - "Infernal Warriors of Death", Necrophile - "Awakening Those Oppressed"
blindfolder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LefterisK wrote:
Hey, guys. Here's one very simple question for you: I having been meaning to check Sodom's discography more thoroughly for a long time; I have listened to their 80s material mostly because of their significant influence on the Norwegian black metal wave, but my knowledge on their discography ends there. According to many, the band has always put out quality material but what are the absolutely essential Sodom albums in your opinion? Thanks in advance!

In The Sign Of Evil, Obsessed By Cruelty, Persecution Mania. Go
Necromancer666

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LefterisK wrote:

The absolutely essential Sodom albums are the one's from the 80's.

In The Sigh Of Evil
Obsessed By Cruelty
Persecution Mania
Expurse of Sodomy
Agent Orange

Some folks claim Tapping The Vein is on par with their 80's material. Honestly, I've never really listened to it. Perhaps, I should do that.

There's also "Demonized" which is a recently released compilation of both Sodom's demos. I need to grab that myself in the near future.
GLASS

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obsessed by Cruelty, In the Sign of Evil, and Tapping the Vein are my favorites.
alex_korrozia1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LefterisK wrote:

Outside of the 80's albums? None. Better off Dead is where the steep drop off in quality began. Tapping the Vein was their attempt to get more DM and it resulted in completely unremarkable tunes. Anything past that is either silly or barely passable.
Sunnportal

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LefterisK wrote:

I rate Tapping The Vein higher than Agent Orange. Check it out. Also The Final Sign Of Evil.
Sunnportal

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex_korrozia1 wrote:
LefterisK wrote:

Outside of the 80's albums? None. Better off Dead is where the steep drop off in quality began. Tapping the Vein was their attempt to get more DM and it resulted in completely unremarkable tunes. Anything past that is either silly or barely passable.

No props for The Final Sign Of Evil? I liked it.
Naekrospavvn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LefterisK wrote:

Agent Orange is considered their most classic album by most of listeners. Of course the local folks here have bigger preference towards their -85-86 material due to black metal leanings but Agent Orange in Sodom discography has the same importance as Master of Puppets in Metallica discography.
peterott

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LefterisK wrote:

Try also Code Red. Great album. Nearly Death Metal in some places.
Nightvvolf

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunnportal wrote:

I rate Tapping The Vein higher than Agent Orange.

He Who Cuts Stone

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All Sodom albums are pretty good, even if in the 90s they started making some stuff that was a little underwhelming.

Favorite 90s albums are Tapping the Vein, Get What You Deserve, and Code Red.

Even the latest one, Decision Day is pretty good but has a few too many songs on it imo.
AncientSlumber

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunnportal wrote:
Sarcueil wrote:
vladoslayer wrote:
I couldn't agree with Slayer because I'm in love with them Embarassed (even Repentless is often on my playlist) but for Kreator I'd agree. That band exists only until 1990 in my opinion.

I assume it's pretty healthy for everyone to pretend most of the old thrash metal bands disbanded in 199x and to ignore their discography from that point on.

Sodom are the only first wave/old guard active band still worth taking notice of.

The last decayed of new material hasn't been great, but better than most of their peers.

I cannot agree more with you. New Destruction is pretty bad, but new Kreator is absolutely unlistenable. Melodic Death Metal shit with generic Thrash and Mille on vocals.
Snark Shark

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the classics have already been mentioned, so I'll toss in an under-rated album: Masquerade in Blood!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: