P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

NWN DIE HARDS
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
minge-eater

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: NWN DIE HARDS Reply with quote

are all future nwn die hards just going to be colour vinyl and sticker combos or are you going to think of some new features for them?

Maybe someone on here can think of different ideas for some die hards
Nocturnal Deathstrike

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes I think labels should release xeroxed cover vinyls again, so you know people are diehard because they buy it for the music and not to sell it on ebay.
No offence to Yosuke, itīs not your fault that people suck.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just hope the die-hards will be carried by some euro distro. I usually buy the regulars because of the postage.. and also because I don't care too much of the extras, except when there's more music (i.e Tudor, Goatlord etc.). Ah, and I hate picture disks.
huja

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like the die hards with extra music, like goatlord.
TryMyTrust

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nocturnal Deathstrike wrote:
Sometimes I think labels should release xeroxed cover vinyls again, so you know people are diehard because they buy it for the music and not to sell it on ebay.
No offence to Yosuke, itīs not your fault that people suck.

a friends label released the tolar lp as just a poster folded with the lp behind it. I thought it was pretty cool.

unlike the municpal waste flyer whatever edition. A friend bought this and all it was was a flyer taped to a sealed copy of the lp. which seemed pretty stupid when he recieved it in the mail.
carrioncrow

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pop-up gatefold art man...
Ancient_Tyranny

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest I like the early NWN "Die Hards" more, like the Blasphemy, Abigail etc. with all that xeroxed inserts photos CDR etc. etc. so the more DIY/ handmade style.
Bestial Devastator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nuctemeron wrote:
Ah, and I hate picture disks.

AGREED !
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My goal is to make the regulars as close to the die hards as possible. That's why I've spent more time doing big booklets for all copies etc. Wouldn't it suck if I did only booklets for die hards (like Procreation and Abigail die hards)?

I do the patch/sticker thing because that's what I want for my own collection. Not all releases will be done this way of course. Some releases will have extra music or different packaging.

Picture disks: If you don't like them then buy the black vinyl version. Sticking to what you like is a lot more die hard than buying the die hard version.

Daniel's comment about metal is only about music... I don't completely disagree with you, but I think aesthetic value plays a big part in music. Music is nothing but soundwaves without human emotions, right? I like vinyl releases because the visual becomes part of the whole listening experience. Just imagine if Morbid Tales came without a poster and you couldn't stare at Tom G. Warrior's hand written texts while playing it at volume 10.

DIY comment: I run the label pretty much by myself. It's grown to a sizable operation in the past 6 years and I've kept my full time job and wife in the process. The label is still done DIY, but I just don't have the time I used to have when I first started the label. I actually don't like the Blasphemy live ritual die hard too much. My fav. DIY release is the Witches Hammer 7" with hand printed covers. I spent 8 hours embossing the logos on those things and they came good.

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

Nocturnal Deathstrike

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Daniel's comment about metal is only about music... I don't completely disagree with you, but I think aesthetic value plays a big part in music.

Yes, Iīm the same boat with you. I think even cheap looking covers do their part to the asthetics of a record and fits the music or not.
Anyway, itīs maybe just me, but I have a faible for the "bootleg look", he he ! I just canīt imagine some old 90īs death metal 7"EPīs with a cover done like the NIFELHEIM / SAD EX Split 7"EP for example.

Quote:
DIY comment: I run the label pretty much by myself. It's grown to a sizable operation in the past 6 years and I've kept my full time job and wife in the process. The label is still done DIY, but I just don't have the time I used to have when I first started the label. I actually don't like the Blasphemy live ritual die hard too much. My fav. DIY release is the Witches Hammer 7" with hand printed covers. I spent 8 hours embossing the logos on those things and they came good.

Iīm still amazed how you do this and still have a life next to it. I know how much work running a label and disto is. And I was far from the size you are.
masters_throne

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nocturnal Deathstrike wrote:

Iīm still amazed how you do this and still have a life next to it. I know how much work running a label and disto is. And I was far from the size you are.

That's really an aenigma to me, too.
We are two, but it is really hard to work fast or the way we want it to have. Okay, bad luck that I got recently a new job from 7 to 6. But still there are things to do like band, zine, label. A private life is almost non-existent right now.

= KILL I =
= KILL II =

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

all the DIEHARDS are great...and i'm not just kissing ass (which there's a lot of on this board)....if you don't like 'this about one' or 'that about the other', fuck off and buy the regular black vinyl...that's what's great about NWN, you've got the choice....(well, lately, you only have that choice for a couple of hours,it seems before the DIEHARD sells out) Laughing

between yosuke and chase from HHB, these two guys have pretty much revolutionized LP packaging for metal (or any genre,for that matter) records.
Not to mention pumping out quality material at the rate of huge indies like Southern Whore and Recrapse..
they should be thanked for the service they provide (maybe now i'm kissing ass.. Laughing )

Last edited by Guest on Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...oh yeah, Omid and Outlaw fucking rule too,..(if he ever decides to put out something new)
Humus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damon wrote:
between yosuke and chase from HHB, these two guys have pretty much revolutionized LP packaging for metal (or any genre,for that matter) records.

Maybe for metal, although labels like HMSS were making very special editions before the two labels you mention for example, but not outside metal. The packaging jobs of some industrial/ambient records have been even more insane, and they've been doing it for a lot longer.
minge-eater

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humus wrote:
Damon wrote:

Maybe for metal, although labels like HMSS were making very special editions before the two labels you mention for example, but not outside metal. The packaging jobs of some industrial/ambient records have been even more insane, and they've been doing it for a lot longer.

yes hmss have some great die hards , although of late have been also a little samey, althought there handmade which i totally like.

TRUE KVNT
Descension twat of the year
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: