P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Adrian Guerra from BELL WITCH dead?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Biervampir

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 4:37 am    Post subject: Adrian Guerra from BELL WITCH dead? Reply with quote

According to Metal Archives Adrian Guerra from Bell Witch has died from a heart attack on May 17th - any infos if this is true?
Biervampir

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.metal-archives.com/artists/Adrian_Guerra/283004
weaklingone

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep, it's true. Don't know any details but have a few friends/ex-band mates who were close friends with him. Damn shame.
Wants/Trades: http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=275935#275935
Good Traders: Golden Bull, Jalmym203, Kakarot SS5 (Sale), Mangled Torsos (Sale), bc, blashyrkh66, Hobophobic (Multiple), dangerass, thevampirictyrant
Klown

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Profound Lore FB page

"Very shocked and saddened to wake up to the news of (former) BELL WITCH drummer/vocalist Adrian Guerra's passing. Adrian played an integral role as one-half of Bell Witch with his ritual procession-like drumming and his apocalyptic-sounding death growls, and being responsible in helping to create a body of American funderal/death doom metal mastery spread out amongst a crushing demo and two masterful full-length albums. Most notably, last year's devastating and gut-wrenching "Four Phantoms" release which became one of, if not the most celebrated and acclaimed funeral/death doom metal album of 2015. A milestone in the genre if there ever was one. And ontop of that, Adrian was one of the nicest and most enthusiastic guys in doom metal you could ever know, such a rad dude. RIP brother."
Biervampir

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

weaklingone wrote:
yep, it's true. Don't know any details but have a few friends/ex-band mates who were close friends with him. Damn shame.

Damn, this is sad news. Sad Thanks for validation...
holy ghost

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that is awful news. Just saw them in March finally after being really into their records and they were so fucking great.

Didn't know him at all but total and sincerest condolences to his friends and family.
EK Nacht

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Real sad news. Rest in peace, man.
Nihilist

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fucking hell. I just saw him on friday night at the Pallbearer show. Thats shitty news to start my day. A totally awesome dude, and quite a loss for our scene up here.
In The Hour of 11:11...
Nihilist

SLUMBER ROOM= www.novisiblescars.bandcamp.com
Lundamyri

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RIP!

Really cool band.
criminal

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

R.I.P.
swearengen

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad news. Bell Witch was amazing. RIP.

His growls are some of the best in the genre.
steve

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Horrible news to wake to this morning. Unfortunately, it is true. Adrian will be missed as a good friend and excellent musician.

Adrian was there from the start, however left the band mid/2015. Jesse adds a different dynamic to BW and I am eager to hear him on the next album.
Nihilist

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steve wrote:
Horrible news to wake to this morning. Unfortunately, it is true. Adrian will be missed as a good friend and excellent musician.

Adrian was there from the start, however left the band mid/2015. Jesse adds a different dynamic to BW and I am eager to hear him on the next album.

Didn't Bell Witch and alot of that crew start off in Kansas and then moved out to seattle?
Nihilist

steve

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nihilist wrote:
steve wrote:

Didn't Bell Witch and alot of that crew start off in Kansas and then moved out to seattle?

Bell Witch was formed in Seattle, after Dylan relocated there from KS. Him and Adrian formed it.
Dylan moved up there mid 2000(?) with his bands, Samothrace and Lethe, at the time. Dylan left those two, shortly after they had all settled in Seattle and focused solely on BW with Adrian. He called me about how excited he was with his then, new project BW. (Back story Dylan and I have known each other since middle school and lived together for a number of years while attending college)
I went on the 2014 BW/Ephemeros tour and 2015 Midwest BW/Wreckmeister Harmonies tour. The 2014 tour had Adrian behind drums and tour with Wreckmeister had Jesse in the seat. Touring with Adrian for those two weeks was an unforgettable time.
Nihilist

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steve wrote:
Nihilist wrote:
steve wrote:

Bell Witch was formed in Seattle, after Dylan relocated there from KS. Him and Adrian formed it.
Dylan moved up there mid 2000(?) with his bands, Samothrace and Lethe, at the time. Dylan left those two, shortly after they had all settled in Seattle and focused solely on BW with Adrian. He called me about how excited he was with his then, new project BW. (Back story Dylan and I have known each other since middle school and lived together for a number of years while attending college)
I went on the 2014 BW/Ephemeros tour and 2015 Midwest BW/Wreckmeister Harmonies tour. The 2014 tour had Adrian behind drums and tour with Wreckmeister had Jesse in the seat. Touring with Adrian for those two weeks was an unforgettable time.

Ahhh, o.k. thanks for clearing that up, I knew part of that history as our bands had played together a couple of times. He was always so polite, and loved to talk music! Lots of seattle folks talking about this today. So young, so lame for him to go.
Nihilist

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: