P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Nidingr - The High Heat Licks Against Heaven (2017)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
baegeboy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:55 am    Post subject: Nidingr - The High Heat Licks Against Heaven (2017) Reply with quote

Quote:
Nidingr will release their fourth album in 2017, titled The High Heat Licks Against Heaven, an album drenched in Norse mythology, and names from the younger and older Edda appears throughout in the lyrics. The album drifts in the middle of black and death metal, but with the Norse theme it creates a unique and fresh breath of sound. To put it mildly, this is a brutal and honest metal record.
The album was being worked on intensely for two years, where they took a deep dive into the old English translations of the older and younger Edda from the 18th century. They are continuously striving towards authenticity and shapes the music partly around the theme and the text material, which in broad terms talks about the great and classical themes like death, afterlife, war and the many majestic personalities from the mythology. The band states that in a thematic world like this they have chosen to take a more theatric approach to their material. In addition it is relevant to mention that they wrote the text material and music separately and sculpted them together in the meeting of those two afterwards.

The songs are characterized by heavy riffs in a glassy but dirty sound, with at times some melodies with melancholic atmospheres, steady tempi with an almost marching undertone. The vocals hangs on in the top of the sound wall with a drive, power and quality one rarely hears. With Cpt.Estrella Grasa on vocals, Destructhor (Myrkskog, Morbid Angel) and Teloch on guitars (Gorgoroth, God Seed, Mayhem, 1349), Myrvoll on drums and SIR (Gaahls Wyrd, Gorgoroth, God Seed) on bass, the music is shaped to a monolith of an album in an unmitigated an authentic style.

http://www.indierecordings.no/news/2016/11/10/nidingr-new-album-coming-in-february
targal6

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Destructhor should concentrate his energy on a new myrkskog.
baegeboy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nidingr blast the way with their unique blackened death.
Most favorite from this genre.
tagradh

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still need to give Greatest of Deceivers some proper listens. I listened the fuck outa Sorrow Infinite and Darkness but found Wolf-Father rather lackluster and stopped paying so much attention to them.
Blood Music

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That album title

Blood Music
http://www.blood-music.com
http://www.facebook.com/BlooodMusic
baegeboy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tagradh wrote:
Still need to give Greatest of Deceivers some proper listens. I listened the fuck outa Sorrow Infinite and Darkness but found Wolf-Father rather lackluster and stopped paying so much attention to them.

GoD is an amazing record, but sometimes I feel like I dont wanna listen to the tracks with clean singing so I just skip them.

Wolf Father pretty much grew on me.
W. Helm

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really love the riffing on Sorrow infinite. The stuff after didn't do it for me, maybe this new one will.
Miilos

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it's offtopic, but I have just listened to Demo '99 and it's actually very good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvYMgEkJiYA&list=PLB2C96B21B5A6F346
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: