P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

What do you do at shows when you don't like the openers?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Black_Fire

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kakarot SS5 wrote:
I check the stuff sale offered there, have a beer.

www.doomzine.bandcamp.com
flo/thrash attack zine

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: What do you do at shows when you don't like the openers? Reply with quote

blodhemn9 wrote:
ill omen wrote:
Mortado wrote:
I know the obvious answer is to show up late, hang out outside or in the bar but there are times when I can't do that. This generally happens when I know a show is going to be packed and I want to claim a good spot up front for photographing the bands I do want to see.

In situations like this I like to turn my back to the band and play games on my DS or PSP. I feel this gets the "you suck" message across much better than directly heckling them Smile

i am growing extremely sick of having 18 photographers in the front row of every show. how many photos do people need? seriously...all the amateur photographers just get in the way at every show. most of these photos just end up on fucking myspace anyway.

ok. rant over.

I agree.... I used to take a lot of photos at shows years ago, but then I realized that I wasn't WATCHING the band. I have a much better time just drinking and headbanging than trying to protect my camera and taking pics.

exactly, but after the third camera being wrecked at a show, i was done with that at this year´s kit...

i keep drinking my own beer outside, say hello to everyone and just hang out...the usual stuff
adrian5118

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, someone in the front row turning around to play a hand held video game console is about the worst band insult I can think of.

Man that is priceless.
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=840646#840646
getfuckedbro

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was in the states I saw hundreds of people constantly taking photos of every band I saw with shitty cellphone cameras and cheap digitals. Why not just wait for some professional photos that actually look good, then you can actually watch the band without fretting about your gears and you don't block the view.

I guess its all myspace generation where having photos of your weekend for your facebook takes priority over life.
Mortado

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adrian5118 wrote:
LOL, someone in the front row turning around to play a hand held video game console is about the worst band insult I can think of.

Man that is priceless.

Thanks! I think having two huge SLR cameras strapped around my neck and not using them while playing said games makes it even better. Someone once had a photo pf me doing that in front of a band (I think it was Despised Icon) but sadly it's no longer there.
vugelnox

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I can tie this discussion of anti-photographer sentiments and the "ever get thrown out of a show" topic together here. At a show maybe 2 years ago, this guy was being a huge prick trying to push me aside and squeeze up to the front camera in hand. I said to him you can take pictures but I'm not giving up my spot to you so you can do that. I don't see why you are trying to get in front of me where there is clearly no room. He decided to take a hardline attitude about it daring me to try and move him out of the way and trying to stare me down so I took the easier route. I yanked the camera out of his hand and chucked it a few rows back to where the crowd was opened up for a pit. I didn't want to hurt anyone else with a flying camera, just wanted to ruin this asshole's night really. I'd say it worked.
Antibody

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drink!

And I fucking hate photographers!
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blodhemn9 wrote:
IXTAB wrote:
A friend of mine once sat at the bar and read a book during an entire LAIR OF THE MINOTAUR set.

I don't fucking blame him ! What a shitty band full of beardo's/hipsters.

And reading a book at a bar or show is not lame ? ...or hipsterish. Rolling Eyes
Playing video games while out in public at a bar is fucking lame as well. If the show sucks don't go, why the fuck are you even there to begin with then ? Wink

Talk about some queer wankerish behaviours.

Everyone running around with a camera like some douche trying to collect a porfolio of memories to keep all picturesque forever is lame as fuck as well.
What, going to flip through a photo album with other queer metal friends reflecting on memories while reading books and playing video games the next time you meet at a bar ?
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
blodhemn9 wrote:
IXTAB wrote:
A friend of mine once sat at the bar and read a book during an entire LAIR OF THE MINOTAUR set.

And reading a book at a bar or show is not lame ? ...or hipsterish. Rolling Eyes
Playing video games while out in public at a bar is fucking lame as well. If the show sucks don't go, why the fuck are you even there to begin with then ? Wink

Everyone running around with a camera like some douche trying to collect a porfolio of memories to keep all picturesque forever is lame as fuck as well.
What, going to flip through a photo album with other queer metal friends reflecting on memories while reading books and playing video games the next time you meet at a bar ?

you've got some good points there. You asked why even go to the show if youre going to engage in these behaviors, but to be fair, the topic is about the opening bands...not the main band/bands you are there to see. I doubt they are playing playstation and reading during the band they likes set.
getfuckedbro

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
blodhemn9 wrote:
IXTAB wrote:

Couldn't have said it better myself...
IXTAB
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
I live, eat, breathe, and shit METAL.

Wow, impressive.
3. Unidentified band photos and youtube links
4. Memes
5. Ebonics

e-mail ixtab[at]nwnprod[dot]com regarding forum account activation or problems
The Austrian Guy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here in austria we usually have 1 or 2 pro photographers (fukkers from magazines and stuff) at every show.
If anyone wants to have a pic, it is much easier to download the desired material, than taking the effort to take pictures by oneself.
vugelnox

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing now now, be sensitive.
CR99

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biting toenails
Professor Black

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arrive late
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: