P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

What do you do at shows when you don't like the openers?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mortado

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:15 am    Post subject: What do you do at shows when you don't like the openers? Reply with quote

I know the obvious answer is to show up late, hang out outside or in the bar but there are times when I can't do that. This generally happens when I know a show is going to be packed and I want to claim a good spot up front for photographing the bands I do want to see.

In situations like this I like to turn my back to the band and play games on my DS or PSP. I feel this gets the "you suck" message across much better than directly heckling them Smile
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just drink and ignore them.
Wraith

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drinking & smoking, say Hello to everyone I know and checking out fresh flesh on the female scene-market.
ill omen

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: What do you do at shows when you don't like the openers? Reply with quote

Mortado wrote:
I know the obvious answer is to show up late, hang out outside or in the bar but there are times when I can't do that. This generally happens when I know a show is going to be packed and I want to claim a good spot up front for photographing the bands I do want to see.

In situations like this I like to turn my back to the band and play games on my DS or PSP. I feel this gets the "you suck" message across much better than directly heckling them Smile

i am growing extremely sick of having 18 photographers in the front row of every show. how many photos do people need? seriously...all the amateur photographers just get in the way at every show. most of these photos just end up on fucking myspace anyway.

ok. rant over.
Sv.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, I would lol my ass off if I see someone playing a gameboy or something at a concert Laughing

Black_Fire wrote:

rarely i see young girl that i dont want to fuck even when i'm drunk.... but she to ugly!
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in a pretty small city so shows almost never sell out. That means that if I dislike opening bands, I stay the fuck home until the headliners are going on, then ride up to the venue and see the band I wanted to see.
I also save money getting drunk at home on my own beer before I get there.
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: What do you do at shows when you don't like the openers? Reply with quote

ill omen wrote:
Mortado wrote:

i am growing extremely sick of having 18 photographers in the front row of every show. how many photos do people need? seriously...all the amateur photographers just get in the way at every show. most of these photos just end up on fucking myspace anyway.

ok. rant over.

I agree.... I used to take a lot of photos at shows years ago, but then I realized that I wasn't WATCHING the band. I have a much better time just drinking and headbanging than trying to protect my camera and taking pics.
IXTAB
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A friend of mine once sat at the bar and read a book during an entire LAIR OF THE MINOTAUR set.
3. Unidentified band photos and youtube links
4. Memes
5. Ebonics

e-mail ixtab[at]nwnprod[dot]com regarding forum account activation or problems
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IXTAB wrote:
A friend of mine once sat at the bar and read a book during an entire LAIR OF THE MINOTAUR set.

That is one of the worst live bands I have ever had the misfortune of seeing.
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IXTAB wrote:

I don't fucking blame him ! What a shitty band full of beardo's/hipsters.
Mortado

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: What do you do at shows when you don't like the openers? Reply with quote

ill omen wrote:

ok. rant over.

I hear that man, fans with cameras can really be a pain in the ass. The majority of the time I am shooting it is either because
A. I have not shot the band before and want photos for my archives.
B. I am shooting the show for the venue
C. I am taking photos at the bands request.
D. The band is one of my favorites and I want to document their visit to my town.

Although I make very little money doing the shit I consider myself a professional due to the quality of my work and my own personal guidelines/ethics. I try to not use flash whenever possible and do my best to not interfere with the band or the people who paid good money to see the band. I generally attempt to limit myself to three songs or so as well so I can stash my gear and headbang like a real metalhead Smile

<shameless self promotion> If you feel like judging my photo work feel free to check out the gallery at http://www.gravemusic.com/
</shameless self promotion>

Last edited by Mortado on Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total
IXTAB
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoldenBull wrote:
IXTAB wrote:

That is one of the worst live bands I have ever had the misfortune of seeing.

Exactly, and in my mind there is no more insulting of a gesture to a band than to sit and read a book during their set.
3. Unidentified band photos and youtube links
4. Memes
5. Ebonics

e-mail ixtab[at]nwnprod[dot]com regarding forum account activation or problems
Kakarot SS5

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I check the stuff sale offered there, have a beer.

Trade/Sale:
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=40729
ZummahT

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh, drinking, talk to people, check the merch. .. It'd be funny to see someone reading a book on the bar Smile every person has its own ways of ignoring not-good opening bands.

And I second with Lair of Minotaur or whatever is spelled, boring crap.

AGRATH
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: What do you do at shows when you don't like the openers? Reply with quote

Mortado wrote:
ill omen wrote:

ok. rant over.

<shameless self promotion> If you feel like judging my photo work feel free to check out the gallery at http://www.gravemusic.com/
</shameless self promotion>

Good pics, man ! The Watian ones are great.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: