P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Crap labels
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shadow Kingdom

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nocturnal Deathstrike wrote:
Deathrash did the ANGEL OF DAMNATION / DON JUAN MATUS Split 7" and it went VERY well ! I wish all labels would work like that...

I thought those were nice and also he knows how to package vinyl properly. Wink
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nosliw wrote:
Back On Black

Back on Black has gotten their act together in recent years. Motorhead's "Bomber" was a great re-issue from them. Beautiful jacket and lp.

Emperor "In the Nightside Eclipse" also got a good gatefold treatment from them pressed on blue vinyl....as well as Mayhem's "D.M.D.S" with great gatefold, lyric sheat and blood red transparent vinyl.

All three of those releases are a proud part of my collection, not just 'take what i can get' because the original Emperor and Mayhem are out of my price range.
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slaghammer wrote:
Iscariah wrote:
I think Back on Black has done some good reissues lately. Not this paperthin vinyls and complete blasphemy towards the original release.

Shoot me for saying it, but the DMDS reissue they did soudned fine to my ears. Carboard was a wee bit flimsy but I can live with that. Gatefold with god quality vinyl. The Cannibal Corpse Reissues seem fucking excellent too, think they've upped their standards now. The Burzum reissues are the infamous ones.

The DMDS DOES sound great, nothing wrong with your ears. The Burzum B.O.B. reissues I have all look and sound just fine....no pixelation that I've noticed whatsoever,
DESECRATOR777

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

black widow indeed sucks. i ordered the death ss horned god of the witches dlp when it was released and it arrived pretty warped and the top of lp jacket had splits and shit. you would think after all these years he would know how to pack his mailorder stuff well, but not that ginzoid. lucky for me the lp does play on my beogram rx 2, but the swishing sound really blows and it wasnt cheap to get that shit mailed to the usa either so....
anotherdeadhero

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ENOLA GOAT wrote:
Mikael wrote:
anotherdeadhero wrote:
I would be pretty happy if Northern Heritage Records could put a few extra bux into their releases. Good music/label, but crappy releases.
I think it's great that there are still labels that focus on music and not some gimmicks to sell million different versions of the same album.

+1
I think most NH releases look classy.
and tell me the Crushing The Holy Trinity box isn't the shit!!!

Yeah, of corpse is great that they focus on the music, but I still think that the sleeves they use are way to thin.

Have not seen that box to be honest. I slept on it.

EDIT: Just got 2 of their new releases and they were waaaay better the for example DsOs Manifestations...

Last edited by anotherdeadhero on Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Demonomancy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ENOLA GOAT wrote:
Mikael wrote:
anotherdeadhero wrote:
I would be pretty happy if Northern Heritage Records could put a few extra bux into their releases. Good music/label, but crappy releases.
I think it's great that there are still labels that focus on music and not some gimmicks to sell million different versions of the same album.

+1
I think most NH releases look classy.
and tell me the Crushing The Holy Trinity box isn't the shit!!!

+2 we donīt need more Die Hard Labels. NH did always a good job in releases.
Detest Records

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
Deathrash Armageddon is one of the most dedicated labels around.

I second that.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cogumelo

Apart from the godly releases, has anyone ever received an answer on emails, even if written in Portuguese ? I think Rainer Metalero and Costa/Iron Pegasus were the only ones in Europe that are/were successful in actually getting a response and some stuff for their distros.
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to complete three transactions with Cogumelo in the past 10 years. They won't answer my emails anymore now that Relapse is doing distribution for them in the US.

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

tom245

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TerrorFromBehind wrote:

Xtreem No comments

Rottrevore, Demigod - Slumber, Demilich, Morpheus Descends.

What a shitty label.

And No Colours? Come on, these labels have released good stuff. How do we judge whether a label is good or not? By whether they release good music or whether the sleeves on the LP are a bit flimsy?
Tireheb

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tom245 wrote:
Come on, these labels have released good stuff. How do we judge whether a label is good or not?

Most of these mentioned labels get thrown shit for other factors than releasing good albums. They either fuck up on mailing, album details or otherwise simple things. Or they just rip people off.
nekromaniak

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackend, period.

Last edited by nekromaniak on Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Iscariah

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im also going to add Malicious Records. He did some amazing releases, but if there were envelopes in LP size, he would use that to send out if possible. All my orders from there was bent which pisses me off now looking at them like the Zyklon B release and the other great gems.
Also he dissapeared suddenly and just licenced a bunch of stuff without legal right like the Gorgoroth stuff which ended up on Century Black and the band had no idea. Anyone knows what happened to that guy? I saw some years ago he was heavily selling stuff on ebay like posters from the releases etc.
Kapalika

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tom245 wrote:
TerrorFromBehind wrote:

Xtreem No comments

Rottrevore, Demigod - Slumber, Demilich, Morpheus Descends.

What a shitty label.

Agree, they could spend a bit more effort on the LPs they are releasing but apart from that I donīt get the criticism towards that label.

Edit:
Iscariah wrote:
Malicious Records

Haha, oh yeah... rumour (a.k.a. an old friend who knew him back in the day) has it that he was only in it for the money anyway and preferred Gothic music. No idea what he is up to these days.
There is an interview with a guy who was involved in Century Black on the Metal Inquisition blog btw so you can read on that rip-off thing how they perceived it.
nexxxion

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Northern Heritage? This label is a prime example of quality without any collectors crap added. And older No Colours vinyls are good as well (Graveland, Absurd, Urgehal etc). The quality deteriorated after the guy who was in charge for pressing quit the label.
The worst I've seen with Sombre is that he often used maxi covers without spines. Other than that they're alright.

The Malicious guy had trouble with officials because of 'substances'. I think he sold all his old shit some years ago after he got it back from them. All his releases were pretty good. Too bad his brother never continued with Silexater.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: