P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

As Sahar
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CR99

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:45 am    Post subject: As Sahar Reply with quote

what do you think
they dont get many attention though they are stone old
the first steps were crude thrash, then it got a pretty obvious greek bm sound (still good), then suddenly there is a gay pop folk rock album which is incredibly shitty, then really dull melo/industrial black metal and Jaann finally was cool again, very classic raw BM with a heavy exotic touch
Ive heard the samples of the latest album Tyr and it wasnt good at all which is sad. I kind of have a thing for this band but you really need to dig for the good stuff since there is everything from the range awesome-fag shit
I have to find that really weird but cool demo as bonus on the Jaann digipak, was it actually released at all? It almost sounds a bit like viking metal which is so out of place on this band it makes it really a curious listen
you have to admit that they really try out everything and no album sounds like the other
Typhon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great stuff with alot of variations..
Chit019

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never heard their thrash years, The earliest material that I had from them was their 93' demo that sounded alot like european black metal. Pretty descent still
CR99

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was it Primitively Eastern Winds? It got reissued on tape as Casus Luciferi. I think the sound is was more thrash than black. kind of dark thrash though. There were earlier rehearsals from the 80ies but how do you dig out such stuff over there.

Wait I think I sold that tape to you one time
Chit019

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CR99 wrote:
Was it Primitively Eastern Winds? It got reissued on tape as Casus Luciferi. I think the sound is was more thrash than black. kind of dark thrash though. There were earlier rehearsals from the 80ies but how do you dig out such stuff over there.

Yeah you got me the casus luceferi one, which sounded better than a x10 gneration dub I once had.

I didnt know they had early rehearsals, would be great hearing them considering the current sound of extreme metal over there back then.
Xeniteia

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember an interview in Steel Madness zine where he talked about him being a Muslim, and above all "having seen the light" (these are not his words but that's the meaning of his answers). I guess any attempt at Black-Metal must be taken with extreme caution now.
CR99

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chit019 wrote:
CR99 wrote:

Yeah you got me the casus luceferi one, which sounded better than a x10 gneration dub I once had.

I didnt know they had early rehearsals, would be great hearing them considering the current sound of extreme metal over there back then.

yeah like the Abhorer rehearsal which I want to hear too. I asked As Sahar if there is a way to get their old crap but no dice

the best one is santau/meditiation embun pagi demo. the tracks are similar but better and less thin than most on the phenomistik debut which was also really good.
there was actually a plan to release the debut on CD since it's still a tape release only. I dont think it went through though
CR99

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xeniteia wrote:
I remember an interview in Steel Madness zine where he talked about him being a Muslim, and above all "having seen the light" (these are not his words but that's the meaning of his answers). I guess any attempt at Black-Metal must be taken with extreme caution now.

there was always bla bla about meditation and spiritual stuff. i only know they have a strong thing against zionism and they even credit adolf hitler on the debut tape. i think they were always high on shit or something, really
Morphic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's funny how people looking like this gave credits to hitler LOL Smile
Kakarot SS5

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morphic wrote:

it's funny how people looking like this gave credits to hitler LOL Smile

Hey Karan is that you? (the guy with glasses in the head) Laughing Laughing

Trade/Sale:
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=40729
karimlan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they are muslim, then I guess it's easy for them to make pro hitler and anti zionist statements for the sake of being "extreme" and or "controversial."

I know that Indonesians and Malaysians have a reputation for being real rabid, die hard Metalheads but personally I suspect a lot of them would choose islam before Metal.

Again, too easy to hate the "evil jews" and sport the Metal tradition of being antichrist if your religion already has something to say about these kaffirs.
Morphic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agreed on that. notice that most bands on that part of the world talks about satanism, fuck christ, kill christ, christ-beheading blabla but no one talks about killing allah, koran bashing, and stuff like that! I think there's also a band who got a singer and named himself as LORD ARYAN, singaporean too! Smile
Chit019

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morphic wrote:
agreed on that. notice that most bands on that part of the world talks about satanism, fuck christ, kill christ, christ-beheading blabla but no one talks about killing allah, koran bashing, and stuff like that!

Impiety does.
Bestial_Lust

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karimlan wrote:
If they are muslim, then I guess it's easy for them to make pro hitler and anti zionist statements for the sake of being "extreme" and or "controversial."

I know that Indonesians and Malaysians have a reputation for being real rabid, die hard Metalheads but personally I suspect a lot of them would choose islam before Metal.

Again, too easy to hate the "evil jews" and sport the Metal tradition of being antichrist if your religion already has something to say about these kaffirs.

Real islam is bestial and violent as fuck so i dont see the reason why it should not be mixed with extreme music.
Xeniteia

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right on a superficial level. One can compare them to NS"B"M or other political Metal. But the main point is that it's easy to have such statements in countries where these are not only allowed, but sometimes encouraged by governments and religious authorities. And where christianity is all but a threat.
In fact, you'll get more problems of you play in a NS"B"M band in European countries than to shout publicly anti-zionist and anti-christian statements in islamic countries.

About the case of AS SAHAR, there are some Muslim bands like BLACKFIRE that deal with the occult side of things, while being believers, just like BLACK SABBATH and others did back then. But their music isn't preachy, as AS SAHAR was at some point. Maybe now he realized this and came back to its roots, but at some point he was just another preacher. And not a preacher of Satan or of the Self.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: