P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Paypal trouble / EU anti money laundering regulations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rauta

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone ever lose their funds on the Paypal account over shit like this?
peterott

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had the same problem, when I crossed the 1.100 Euro border of sales within a year.

They want to see first if you are a real person with an address, due to money laundrey laws. EU has a law that you have to give a copy of the ID/Ausweis on these "bank accounts". Nothing else is a paypal account. Why paypal doesn't ask for this already at day 1 (like each and every bank does when opening an account) I have no clue.

The 2nd thing is that they want you to declare that you are a private seller.

On a sidenote: It took them two weeks to get my account back to the normal status as their software screwed things up.
Hellhammer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

STI wrote:
Had the same problem, but provided them nothing. After some weeks nothing happend and my account had again a normal status...

Oh it kept working I just couldn't withdraw money to my bankaccount; could you ?.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
STI

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellhammer wrote:
STI wrote:
Had the same problem, but provided them nothing. After some weeks nothing happend and my account had again a normal status...

Oh it kept working I just couldn't withdraw money to my bankaccount; could you ?.

No problem with that. They told me I could not, but when I tried it worked without any problem. After all Paypal is the worst bank I can think of, ever heard of a bank that can freeze your money for such hilarous reason like transfering too much money or because somebody at the other side of the world does not like the LP that you sent him?
Hellhammer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

STI wrote:
Hellhammer wrote:
STI wrote:

No problem with that. They told me I could not, but when I tried it worked without any problem. After all Paypal is the worst bank I can think of, ever heard of a bank that can freeze your money for such hilarous reason like transfering too much money or because somebody at the other side of the world does not like the LP that you sent him?

Well since Paypal is owned by Ebay these days it doesn't take that much thinking why they do so. Things weren't always like that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
TurnTheHellOn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone have any experience with Moneybookers?
I don't want to try Paypal...
adrian5118

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interestingly enough, I was at my bank talking to my local banker (we have somewhat personal employees that stick to specific accounts) and he was saying that people would now open separate bank accounts specifically just for PayPal, which I thought was fucking genius so just in case PayPal freezes your funds, there is nothing to freeze as you could just only add enough funds into the account for each transaction.

I need to do that.
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=840646#840646
rauta

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think they can freeze the funds on your regular bank account, just the ones on their account. Am I wrong?
Hellhammer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rauta wrote:
I don't think they can freeze the funds on your regular bank account, just the ones on their account. Am I wrong?

I don't think they can freeze your account but I think they can withdraw money from it to their own accounts. So if someone files a claim and there is no money on your paypal account (anymore) they will probably ,,help themselves''.
destructSEAN

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Paypal trouble / EU anti money laundering regulations Reply with quote

Uncolored wrote:
rauta wrote:
I'm wondering if anyone else has run into similar trouble with them and somehow managed to deal with the situation?

did it last year. I sent a fax with id and internet bill with no trouble at all. apparently there is a limit of money you can receive and if you don't do that you cannot be paid after that amount.

Same thing happened to me a few weeks ago. I haven't sent the documents yet though because I don't see any rush. As long as I can still send and receive payments, I am not really bothered about it Razz
STI

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellhammer wrote:
rauta wrote:

I don't think they can freeze your account but I think they can withdraw money from it to their own accounts. So if someone files a claim and there is no money on your paypal account (anymore) they will probably ,,help themselves''.

Never heard of a Bank that lets willingly another company like Paypal withdraw money from an accout of their customer without the customers permission. At least here in Germany they are going to tell them politely to fuck off Wink
locustfurnace

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

STI wrote:
Hellhammer wrote:
rauta wrote:

Never heard of a Bank that lets willingly another company like Paypal withdraw money from an accout of their customer without the customers permission. At least here in Germany they are going to tell them politely to fuck off Wink

THEY CANNOT TAKE MONEY FROM YOUR BANK ACCOUNT IF YOU LOSE A FILLED CASE AGAINST YOU. ONLY THE MONEY IN YOUR PAYPAL ACCOUNT BALANCE CAN BE USED IN CLAIMS. SO IF SOMEONE FILLED A CLAIM AND YOU HAD NO MONEY IN THE BALANCE AND THEY WON, THEY WOULDN'T RECIEVE A PENNY. BUT IF YOU WERE TO RECIEVE MONEY FROM SOMEONE ELSE PAYPAL COULD "FREEZE" THIS MONEY TO PAY BACK THE CLAIM YOU LOST.
TurnTheHellOn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adrian5118 wrote:
people would now open separate bank accounts specifically just for PayPal, which I thought was fucking genius so just in case PayPal freezes your funds, there is nothing to freeze as you could just only add enough funds into the account for each transaction.

I was thinking about doing that.The thing is, if you do that and are found in the wrong (by Paypal) in a transaction and do not put enough funds in your Paypal account to make things "right" it will negatively affect your credit rating (and I may want to buy another car someday...).
I wish the States were tougher on eBay, like in Australia and elsewhere.
Legal tender is fucking legal tender.
decimator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:26 am    Post subject: Re: Paypal trouble / EU anti money laundering regulations Reply with quote

rauta wrote:
Paypal is asking me to submit a load of private documents to them so they can comply with some new EU anti money laundering scheme. Apart from such requests being in complete violation of my privacy I'm wondering if anyone else has run into similar trouble with them and somehow managed to deal with the situation?

They are asking for a photo ID with street address (haven't got one), a scan of a bill sent to me showing my street address (fuck off) and documentation of my business (don't run one). All I'm getting from gaypal is fucking automatic responses and no answers to my questions at all.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Sounds rather fishy.. can you confirm that its actually paypal your dealing with? They wont contact you about private details via email, same as ebay wont. Yet people are suckered everyday by those africans, ive had threats, warnings, shutdown notices, msgs about items im not selling, etc etc.. its all complete bullshit.

Trade/Sale References: IXTAB, Unholy Horde, Kakarot SS5, DSS, Lohmarizer, CultofVomit
mickO)))

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got this message the other night as well looking for all sorts of information very annoying. As long as I can still use my account I won't bother doing anything about it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: