P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Paypal trouble / EU anti money laundering regulations
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rauta

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:48 am    Post subject: Paypal trouble / EU anti money laundering regulations Reply with quote

Paypal is asking me to submit a load of private documents to them so they can comply with some new EU anti money laundering scheme. Apart from such requests being in complete violation of my privacy I'm wondering if anyone else has run into similar trouble with them and somehow managed to deal with the situation?

They are asking for a photo ID with street address (haven't got one), a scan of a bill sent to me showing my street address (fuck off) and documentation of my business (don't run one). All I'm getting from gaypal is fucking automatic responses and no answers to my questions at all.

Any assistance would be appreciated.
Hellfire Commando

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should call them - maybe it's a scam or something. It sounds really strange.
Uncolored

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:04 am    Post subject: Re: Paypal trouble / EU anti money laundering regulations Reply with quote

rauta wrote:
I'm wondering if anyone else has run into similar trouble with them and somehow managed to deal with the situation?

did it last year. I sent a fax with id and internet bill with no trouble at all. apparently there is a limit of money you can receive and if you don't do that you cannot be paid after that amount.

SatanHussein wrote:
my dream is to organise a funeral doom festival and sell my stockpiles of antidepressants at the merch stand
passetiermes

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the same demands over a month ago. Haven't replied/provided anything to them, but every time I log into paypal, the first thing I see is page with the following message :"please visit our resolution center".
rauta

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:08 am    Post subject: Re: Paypal trouble / EU anti money laundering regulations Reply with quote

Uncolored wrote:
rauta wrote:
I'm wondering if anyone else has run into similar trouble with them and somehow managed to deal with the situation?

did it last year. I sent a fax with id and internet bill with no trouble at all. apparently there is a limit of money you can receive and if you don't do that you cannot be paid after that amount.

OK, thanks. You just included both documents on the same fax to verify that the street address corresponds to the ID? Or did you by any chance have your street addy written on your ID?
rauta

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

passetiermes wrote:
I got the same demands over a month ago. Haven't replied/provided anything to them, but every time I log into paypal, the first thing I see is page with the following message :"please visit our resolution center".

This is the situation I'm in as well. Apparently it doesn't affect using your account at all though. Kinda makes me want to keep ignoring it and see what happens...
Humus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the same thing last year. The bloody problem was that we had to choose 'which business we run', while we didn't run a business at all. I just sold some of my record and my dad some of his computer-stuff. Tried contacting paypal a dozen times but everywhere you get standardized useless replies. I don't know what we did in the end.
Nocturnal Deathstrike

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think all I ever did to verify myself was adding a credit card number some years ago. They wanted me to do that because I came over that already mentioned amount. I cancelled the credit card shortly afterwards since I don´t need one and don´t want one.
TerrorFromBehind

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rauta wrote:
passetiermes wrote:

This is the situation I'm in as well. Apparently it doesn't affect using your account at all though. Kinda makes me want to keep ignoring it and see what happens...

I have had those troubles 3-4 times with Paypal, for different reasons all the time. There are 2 very possible reasons for this : You have transfered more than 1000 Euros or 1500 Euros (dependind on you account limit) so this is is really possible. 2nd reason, you have purchased/sent money over a limit within a month or 6 months. First of all, to define if it is a scammer or not, check the original message and read if there is anywhere you full name mentioned. If not, it may be a scam. If it is in the resolution center, check your paypal email account and see if there is any message related to this case. Or let me know by PM with details, I may be very helpful.
Uncolored

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:27 am    Post subject: Re: Paypal trouble / EU anti money laundering regulations Reply with quote

rauta wrote:

Or did you by any chance have your street addy written on your ID?

I included both in the same fax but I also have my street adress in my id

SatanHussein wrote:
my dream is to organise a funeral doom festival and sell my stockpiles of antidepressants at the merch stand
rauta

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TerrorFromBehind wrote:
I have had those troubles 3-4 times with Paypal, for different reasons all the time. There are 2 very possible reasons for this : You have transfered more than 1000 Euros or 1500 Euros (dependind on you account limit) so this is is really possible. 2nd reason, you have purchased/sent money over a limit within a month or 6 months. First of all, to define if it is a scammer or not, check the original message and read if there is anywhere you full name mentioned. If not, it may be a scam. If it is in the resolution center, check your paypal email account and see if there is any message related to this case. Or let me know by PM with details, I may be very helpful.

It's legit as the inquiries turn up in both the resolution center and my email. I've also already received email from paypal after my request for further information in the resolution center but nothing's been solved as of yet. And yes, you're right about the 1000€ limit, that's the one that I just hit. Just hoping they'll get an actual person on the case so I can get it over with, heh.
ENOLA GOAT

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no big deal - but a pain in the ass.
Hellhammer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to do so when i went through the USD 6000 barrier.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
STI

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had the same problem, but provided them nothing. After some weeks nothing happend and my account had again a normal status...
BuKKaKeBaptisM

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happens if you just receive money from people as a gift, but it is actually a business transaction? There can't possibly be any law regarding how much money is received as a gift right? Or is this illegal?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: