P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Year of press on vinyl releases

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lowendtorture

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:24 pm    Post subject: Year of press on vinyl releases Reply with quote

It has been many years since I've updated my record inventory. So, since I have some time on my hands I started to update my inventory and have been noticing that more recent records (post 2000) rarely have the pressing year anywhere or in some obsure spot that requires taking everything out and reading all the liner notes. This is in stark contrast to stuff pressed in the 80's and 90's where most of the time I can find the year in about a million places. I know this board is populated with people that run labels (i.e. NWN, Kneel, Iron Tyrant, etc.) and was curious about this. I'm not complaining, I'm more or less wondering why this is the case/trend.

Darkest regards
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To create timeless music, and when in need claim your recording from 2004 was actually originally from 1994 when it gets finally a metal archives posting from some new influx of raging teeny bopping fans. Cool
Primitivehatemagick

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing

trade/sale/wantlist
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=96528#96528
Reaper's Grave

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't even think it's relevant. The second your record gets released SOMEWHERE, some kid has updated the metal archives page for said band.

In the punk scene it's a bit harder to figure out years I've noticed. I have many 7'' records which I don't know if they're recent or old recordings of the band, and some cases I can't find out if they've even got other recordings.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: