P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Anybody like Portal?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Caina

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fucking great band (and not just biased being on the same label) - as someone else said they're one of the few bands doing something new and exciting with DM nowadays, and probably the ONLY one doing it with any degree of genuine skill. They sound like your brains being sucked out by one of those giant slugs from Starship Troopers or something. I have Seepia on LP and CD, and Outre on CD. Need to pick up the LP sometime.

www.myspace.com/cainaband
http://www.last.fm/user/WilburWhateley

Good traders/sellers: Yosuke, Grief, s.charlach x2, Blekt , headnhalf x2, destrucSEAN, Sadovahr x3, GROUND ZERO Entertainment, Ykh

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Total shit, total wall of noise.............The only way they could suck more is if they released a split with LUST. What can I say ????? If it don't have a good riff, it won't catch me..............regardless who does it.
Seven Churches

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Want to experience their live madness. Can´t figure how´s their shows atmosphere, looks insane!

Bestial Aggressor

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seven Churches wrote:
Want to experience their live madness. Can´t figure how´s their shows atmosphere, looks insane!

Fucking lunatics! I bet they lose a lot of weight playing in those damn suits... I would probably pass out after ten minutes or so! Gotta see them play some time.
illomen

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ming - Gow wrote:
The only way they could suck more is if they released a split with LUST. What can I say ????? If it don't have a good riff, it won't catch me..............regardless who does it.

that lust comment is pretty hilarious although i completely disagree with the opinion. there are some incredible riffs on outre (and seepia) but you just need to listen to it a few times. the murkiness of the production (on outre) may be difficult to wade through on the first few listens but once you begin to understand the song structure and the riffs, the murkiness adds another dimension to the recording and it is well worth the extra listening effort you invest. i fucking worship that album.

on a related note, i will be putting out a vinyl version of the stargazer/invocation split cd that came out a few years ago. invocation is pre-portal and it fucking destroys. and of course you know how briliant stargazer is.
Demonomancy

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

illomen wrote:
on a related note, i will be putting out a vinyl version of the stargazer/invocation split cd that came out a few years ago. invocation is pre-portal and it fucking destroys. and of course you know how briliant stargazer is.

Great News ! Do it as soon as possible.
illomen

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the support. im hoping to have it out before winter, but there are a lot of variables especially with our economy quickly disintigrating.
Nekrokunt_Usurper

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ming - Gow wrote:
Total shit, total wall of noise.............The only way they could suck more is if they released a split with LUST. What can I say ????? If it don't have a good riff, it won't catch me..............regardless who does it.

I'd buy it!!! Very Happy
headnhalf

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only got Outre but it's one of those albums that you can get lost in.
Great stuff
Great trades with: Vorfeed, Kakarot SS5, GoldenBull, Rat eyes, Caina, Blekt, Uncoloured, Cursed Blood, Minge Eater, Portentum, Addison nektostiknekromessikk and Asphyxiation anyone i've forgotten give me a shout

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed Outre - and Seepia and The Sweyy were alright, but definitely not one of my favourite bands. Like morten said, I don't quite "get" Portal.
Endless Morbidity

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another "avantgarde" gimmick band. Sounds and looks like nonsense to me. They belong on Southern Lord.
illomen

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Endless Morbidity wrote:
Another "avantgarde" gimmick band. Sounds and looks like nonsense to me. They belong on Southern Lord.

no way...i mean no doubt that teh southern lord/aquarius records types all like portal but they like portal for all the wrong reasons. go back and listen to any portal recording and you hear true metal. it may be obscured at times because they actually take chances in an effort to produce a unique sound but in the end they are playing metal as solid as any other number of bands out there. im not much of a fan of their imagery and stage look...the music is what i admire.
Blood Of Von

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demonomancy666 wrote:
illomen wrote:

Great News ! Do it as soon as possible.

Only relation bewteen PORTAL and INVOCATION is that two members of PORTAL were in INVOCATION at one stage and PORTAL was going before they even joined INVOCATION, which was still going for some time minus the two PORTAL members. So, INVOCATION isn't really pre-PORTAL

Blood Of Von

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seven Churches wrote:

I filmed this gig, which was killer in my opinion! A lot of people seemed very bored and chatting a lot during their set. They use a lot of low lighting (close to none) and have a very cold and dark atmosphere. Very ritualistic in a sense.

I prfer to listen to their music alone as a lot of people don't "Seem to get them". I don't think they we're out to have people "Understand them" either. I think they are brilliant regardless! To each his own!

Ykh

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Endless Morbidity wrote:

Haha, no offense, but you guys should stop with that Southern Lord obsession.

Portal is an awesome band, "The Sweyy" and "Outre'" being their best releases in my opinion.

Mister Blood Of Von, any chance you could send me a copy of that video? Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: