P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Old School Swedish Death Metal VS Old School Finland Death
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nekromaniak

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Argentum wrote:
HotBlack wrote:
nekromaniak wrote:
dont forget phlegethon..which will have their stuffs reissued soon thru' xtreem..

I just found a copy of Fresco Lungs the other day, finally... I was stoked!

...then I listened to it. CRAP! This album is terrible.

Crap??? Shocked This album is one of my all time Finnish death metal favorites since years! Never found a band sounding like that mlp! Even the 2 bonus tracks on the cd version are not as good as the original mlp tracks

crap?? ShockedShockedShocked
HotBlack

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nekromaniak wrote:
Argentum wrote:
HotBlack wrote:
nekromaniak wrote:
dont forget phlegethon..which will have their stuffs reissued soon thru' xtreem..

Crap??? Shocked This album is one of my all time Finnish death metal favorites since years! Never found a band sounding like that mlp! Even the 2 bonus tracks on the cd version are not as good as the original mlp tracks

Yes, I don't like it in the least... waste of my $. If this is your all time Finnish DM Favorite then you and I must have very differn't taste! Wink

I took it back to ye olde metal shop where I found it the next day and traded it straight across for a CD copy of Flames Of Hell - Fire and Steel I saw in a box of overstock. Very happy with this trade Very Happy
TheLastWound

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say sweden definatly. Because we got more and better bands. Nihilist, Nirvana 2002, Dismember, Grave, Entombed, Mefisto, Obscurity, Treblinka, Tiamat, Grotesque etc. The best finish bands: Demilich and Abhorrence i would say. Also Convulse first album is great.
Argentum

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HotBlack wrote:
nekromaniak wrote:
Argentum wrote:
HotBlack wrote:
nekromaniak wrote:

Yes, I don't like it in the least... waste of my $. If this is your all time Finnish DM Favorite then you and I must have very differn't taste! Wink

I took it back to ye olde metal shop where I found it the next day and traded it straight across for a CD copy of Flames Of Hell - Fire and Steel I saw in a box of overstock. Very happy with this trade Very Happy

Well yeah tastes differ. For me for example Demigod is very good but not one my best Finnish albums. My best together with Flegethon would be Xysma mlp (Total Carcass worship!), Demilich, Furbowl and if they can be considered Finnish the magnificent Eternal Darkness.
krakentorso

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lubricant is boring. nothing more. even more boring than finish SCUM ("mother nature"...nahhh).

I think Demigod's unholy domain and the abhorrence 7" are the definite embodiment of EVERYTHING death metal stands for. sound, atmosphere, etc.
It is the perfect bridge between US death like autopsy or incantation and euro death like early entombed and morgoth.
Demigod's sound on this demo is hardly to top...their songwriting talent was stunning...hmm. speechless...

Last edited by krakentorso on Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
HotBlack

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Argentum wrote:
Well yeah tastes differ. For me for example Demigod is very good but not one my best Finnish albums. My best together with Flegethon would be Xysma mlp (Total Carcass worship!), Demilich, Furbowl and if they can be considered Finnish the magnificent Eternal Darkness.

Keeping it Finn I rank my favorites with the likes of Cartilage, Convulse (old), Demilich, Funebre, Purtenance, Sentenced(old), Demigod, Adramelech(old), Depravity, Abhorrence, Vomiturition, Wings(old)... Disgrace(old), Xysma(1st EPs)... etc. I'm sure something is slipping my mind, it's early. ...and Furbowl are Swedes along with Eternal Darkness Wink
Argentum

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HotBlack wrote:
Argentum wrote:

Keeping it Finn I rank my favorites with the likes of Cartilage, Convulse (old), Demilich, Funebre, Purtenance, Sentenced(old), Demigod, Adramelech(old), Depravity, Abhorrence, Vomiturition, Wings(old)... Disgrace(old), Xysma(1st EPs)... etc. I'm sure something is slipping my mind, it's early. ...and Furbowl are Swedes along with Eternal Darkness Wink

Sorry abour Furbowl Embarassed My mind is fucked up the last days. But Eternal Darkness were considered either Swedish or Finnish because if I remember correct they were Fins staying in the borders of Sweden with Finland. Nothing important for sure. And hell yeah! How I forgot Disgrace, old Sentenced, Adramelech and Convulse!! and as well Thergothon which is maybe my all time favorite finnish band.
Also Xysma did some good job 'til first and magical but nothing beats that incredible mlp! But I like their experimentation on those albums
nekromaniak

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Argentum wrote:
HotBlack wrote:
Argentum wrote:

Sorry abour Furbowl Embarassed My mind is fucked up the last days. But Eternal Darkness were considered either Swedish or Finnish because if I remember correct they were Fins staying in the borders of Sweden with Finland. Nothing important for sure. And hell yeah! How I forgot Disgrace, old Sentenced, Adramelech and Convulse!! and as well Thergothon which is maybe my all time favorite finnish band.
Also Xysma did some good job 'til first and magical but nothing beats that incredible mlp! But I like their experimentation on those albums

great bands mentioned here!! there was another finnish dm i really like, agonized.. too bad they didnt put out a proper studio release. not much info on them either.
anthares

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nekromaniak wrote:

great bands mentioned here!! there was another finnish dm i really like, agonized.. too bad they didnt put out a proper studio release. not much info on them either.
Yeah! Its a shame. Some more releases would been nice. Maybe there is some tape from their previous band Cadavericmutilator.

Also Nuxvomica should get more attention.
samuxul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nekromaniak wrote:

Does anybody know who were in Agonized?
anthares

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

acid_orgy wrote:
nekromaniak wrote:

Does anybody know who were in Agonized?
They were from finnish Chicago, Lahti. I made a interview back then but never got the zine done. Such a shame.
passetiermes

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone with updates to the Phlegethon release?
Scum was shit, but Lubricant kicked ass. One of the better Xysma disciples.
I think Mordicus should be mentioned more often in this thread.
Never heard Agonized, even though Lahti-scene reports were abundant.
Anthares; Have you ever heard the Forbidden Deathmass? Did they ever release any reh. tapes/demos before changing the name to Unburied?
Speaking about Lahti, seems like Necropsy is active again?
peterott

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

passetiermes wrote:
Anyone with updates to the Phlegethon release?

Got the last two Phlegethon MCDr releases, and they are great. Sounds at times like Pestilence - Testimony... with less techical wiggy-twiggy.
Argentum

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait actually for that Phlegethon cd from Xtreem music!
But I remember when they reformed 3 years ago a track they put back then on myspace sucked! If I remember correct was something like normal slayer influenced deathrash (and what I loved in Phlegethon was their originality) but a friend of mine told me that the new demos are cool... So dunno have to check them sometime I will some new pc speakers...
Bloodstorm

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer Finnish DM scene, acts such as: Funebre, Demigod, Purtenance, Rippikoulu, Convulse (1st album), Sentenced (1st album & Demos), Demilich, Abhorrence, Disgrace (old)... are ones of my all time faves, but right now they have got: Stench of Decay, Krypts, Ascended and SLUGATHOR!!! they fucking rule!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: