P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

Old School Swedish Death Metal VS Old School Finland Death
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
passetiermes



Joined: 12 Aug 2007
Posts: 2337
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some other Finnish death metal bands from the early 90s. Most of them do not have a myspace-page or any other page, but you can check them out from some download blogs or from Undergroundcollection. I'm not a fan of all the ones listed below, but who cares.
Nocturnal Feast, Mystification, As Serenity Fades, Masacre, Bartolomeus, Nephritis, Burst, Caricature, Obfuscation, The Corpse Grinders, Carnifex, Vomiturition , Phenomenon, Coprophilia, Dicktator, Discarnate, Protected Illusion, Disinter, Rectum, Excrement , Tremor, Funcunt etc.

I'll have to check out the current bands mentioned in this thread from both countries.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HotBlack



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 2240
Location: osaka][:::;;;>

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

passetiermes wrote:
...Vomiturition ...Excrement ...


Doh! haha.. Great stuff! ...specially Vomiturition!
_________________
IXTAB wrote:
The retard getting hit with a guitar is starting to become annoying.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Valgrinder



Joined: 27 Sep 2008
Posts: 865
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

passetiermes wrote:
Disinter


Had that "Exitus Letalis" demo and it was really nice. But havent heard them since and dont know anything about that band. Any info about them? Only information I could find is from booklet of that same demo.
_________________
Mors fennico more
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nattevandrer



Joined: 09 Sep 2009
Posts: 34

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Necrosis wrote:
Teschio wrote:
NAUSEANT from sweden but they are influenced by Demigod
http://www.myspace.com/thetruenauseant


I'll have to second that! One of the better bands to come from Sweden for a while. Although, I'd say they are closer to Demilich than Demigod with their bizarre melodies and riffs.


Cheers - good stuff. I agree on the Demilich comparison too.
_________________
(mašr) es moldar auki; mikil es greip į hauki
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
krakentorso



Joined: 23 Oct 2008
Posts: 1601
Location: ger

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nattevandrer wrote:
Necrosis wrote:
Teschio wrote:
NAUSEANT from sweden but they are influenced by Demigod
http://www.myspace.com/thetruenauseant


I'll have to second that! One of the better bands to come from Sweden for a while. Although, I'd say they are closer to Demilich than Demigod with their bizarre melodies and riffs.


Cheers - good stuff. I agree on the Demilich comparison too.


yep, weird obscure stuff.
for the germans: order the nauseant 7" at
http://www.bloodynecromancer.de/
as I have done so...! *gulp*
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IIIRD GATEKEEPER



Joined: 02 Jan 2009
Posts: 2477
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

passetiermes wrote:
Nocturnal Feast


Hymn To Darkness is a great demo. Reminds me of the first ABSU album and stuff like that. A lot better than the shit they came up with later. I just seem to have lost my copy fuck knows where... Evil or Very Mad
_________________
ok but who are you damn i have lot of orders

TURN THE LIGHT OFF
OBEY THE MEGAGOAL
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
adrian5118



Joined: 30 Dec 2008
Posts: 2674

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teschio wrote:
NAUSEANT from sweden but they are influenced by Demigod
http://www.myspace.com/thetruenauseant

..and don't forget DEPRAVITY from Finland!

More like total Demilich worship. I dig it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
p.a.e.



Joined: 01 Sep 2009
Posts: 199

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterott wrote:
krakentorso wrote:
What a killer KRYPTS is!!!!!!! wow...I am quite speechless. so talented.
Check this new breed out!


Is that Krypts demo still available from somewhere ?


DETEST RECORDS still have some copies of the second pressing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
passetiermes



Joined: 12 Aug 2007
Posts: 2337
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IIIRD GATEKEEPER wrote:
passetiermes wrote:
Nocturnal Feast


Hymn To Darkness is a great demo. Reminds me of the first ABSU album and stuff like that. A lot better than the shit they came up with later. I just seem to have lost my copy fuck knows where... Evil or Very Mad


I like it too. Much better than War Against Christians, although it had certain charm when it was released.
They made a reh.video after the War... demo was released, containg two songs from that demo, three from Nocturnal Feast demo + a Bathory cover. Would be nice to see/hear the Nocturnal Feast tracks in a reh/live situation. Has to be raw!


HotBlack wrote:
passetiermes wrote:
...Vomiturition ...Excrement ...


Doh! haha.. Great stuff! ...specially Vomiturition!

Yeah, both had certain groove in their efforts, although neither one had much to do with originality. But that groove/flow saved them in my book from being just another in the sea of shit.


Valgrinder wrote:
passetiermes wrote:
Disinter


Had that "Exitus Letalis" demo and it was really nice. But havent heard them since and dont know anything about that band. Any info about them? Only information I could find is from booklet of that same demo.

Don't know much either. I'm pretty sure that I have some zine with an interview of Disinter, but don't have the time now to search for it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ias



Joined: 20 Dec 2008
Posts: 564

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

krakentorso wrote:
Nattevandrer wrote:
Necrosis wrote:
Teschio wrote:
NAUSEANT from sweden but they are influenced by Demigod
http://www.myspace.com/thetruenauseant


I'll have to second that! One of the better bands to come from Sweden for a while. Although, I'd say they are closer to Demilich than Demigod with their bizarre melodies and riffs.


Cheers - good stuff. I agree on the Demilich comparison too.


yep, weird obscure stuff.
for the germans: order the nauseant 7" at
http://www.bloodynecromancer.de/
as I have done so...! *gulp*


1st demo is truly better than this new one, but too bad that they are quitting I think. Would have been cool to see live.
_________________
CATHOLIC WITCHES ARRIVED IN A GROVE..
OUR BODY A SHRINE TO THE PAGAN OVERLORD..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nekromaniak



Joined: 21 Nov 2008
Posts: 420
Location: Malaysia

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont forget phlegethon..which will have their stuffs reissued soon thru' xtreem..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HotBlack



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 2240
Location: osaka][:::;;;>

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nekromaniak wrote:
dont forget phlegethon..which will have their stuffs reissued soon thru' xtreem..


I just found a copy of Fresco Lungs the other day, finally... I was stoked!



...then I listened to it. CRAP! This album is terrible.
_________________
IXTAB wrote:
The retard getting hit with a guitar is starting to become annoying.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Argentum



Joined: 08 May 2009
Posts: 74
Location: Greece

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HotBlack wrote:
nekromaniak wrote:
dont forget phlegethon..which will have their stuffs reissued soon thru' xtreem..


I just found a copy of Fresco Lungs the other day, finally... I was stoked!



...then I listened to it. CRAP! This album is terrible.


Crap??? Shocked This album is one of my all time Finnish death metal favorites since years! Never found a band sounding like that mlp! Even the 2 bonus tracks on the cd version are not as good as the original mlp tracks
_________________
Pyosified Rotten to the Gore
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ias



Joined: 20 Dec 2008
Posts: 564

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How 'bout Lubricant? Nookleptia is all I have, and I rarely spin it, but the B-side gives me really bad chills with those eerie lyrics mixed with the clean vocals.
_________________
CATHOLIC WITCHES ARRIVED IN A GROVE..
OUR BODY A SHRINE TO THE PAGAN OVERLORD..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IIIRD GATEKEEPER



Joined: 02 Jan 2009
Posts: 2477
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ias wrote:
How 'bout Lubricant? Nookleptia is all I have, and I rarely spin it, but the B-side gives me really bad chills with those eerie lyrics mixed with the clean vocals.


It's OK... not as good as Xysma of course, but also not as lousy as, say, Reflections by Convulse.

Pakeni's Detergent Bubble Bath is also one of those Finnish death/rock cases when I can't decide if it's good or not... maybe the answer lies in that I rarely spin that stuff as much as Xysma.
_________________
ok but who are you damn i have lot of orders

TURN THE LIGHT OFF
OBEY THE MEGAGOAL
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group