P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Dumbass me... mailing money USPS. Please help.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IronBloodBlasphemy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

over the many years of sending cash through the mail, the only time I ever lost money was when it was registered. Hidden cash in a regular envelope is the way to go imo. However, since paypal, I hardly ever do this anymore either.
ryan_the_snake

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vorfeed wrote:
adrian5118 wrote:
What's the most intricate way you've ever hidden money? Smile

Try hiding it behind the black plastic insert on a throwaway promo CD. Fold up the cash, tape it to the paper liner so it won't show through the hole in the center, and then send the CD as usual, marked as a free promo. Hardly anybody bothers to open up the CD and look further...

This is the best way. I've sent cash like this to countries with a bad postal reputation and had no problems.
CR99

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i usually hide it between extra paper or aluminium foil. never had a problem
but i havent sent cash in letter since ages
BreedingtheSpawn

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have sent money several times through the mail without any problems.
peterott

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stopped sending cash in a letter years ago.

* registered letter to Sweden got lost with money for an order from Static Age. The investigation showed that the letter left Frankfurt airport, but never left the airport in Sweden. wtf...
* money was taken out of the letters two times when sending it to Hungary and Poland. The letters arrived, looked unopened, but the money was gone.

=> I always sent money hidden behind a CD-tray, covered with a thick paper and sent the shit registered with easy English like "This is the CDR with my band. Enjoy". No one will steal this, or open the tray to check if there is something behind.

Costs more, but works all the time. Even to East Europe or South America.
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HELLTHRASHER -l- wrote:
Wellhidden cash is my preffered way always.
The original UG way.
Fuk Paypal. They steal from me/you.

I normally hide the cash between 2 flyers or dark colored papers/well folded. But the way you sent it, it sounds like it can be seen clearly through the light. .

Still, USA mailing system is quite honest, for the most part.
Now if you sent it like that to Malaysia/South America, kiss it goodbye!

When you think of the incredible volume of mail going through USPS, I think it's pretty unlikely that your envelope will be 'held up to the light'. This isn't the goddamn Pony Express . it is all sorted by machines. By the time it gets to the actual mailman delivering it, I'm quite sure that most of them don't want to risk their nice paying jobs by tampering with your mail. Especially when you consider how hard it is to get a job nowadays. Think of things like Netflix or Gamefly (which sends $60 video games in clearly marked envelopes) those rarely get stolen, because it's not worth it to the mailman....Its human nature to distrust your fellow man, but I don't think most are willing to risk their jobs for the RARE chance that there is some money in an envelope.
BBR

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've sent money in envelops for years and haven't had any problems yet. Just fold a piece of paper up and slide the money between the folds.
THRASHEADEREK

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBR wrote:
I've sent money in envelops for years and haven't had any problems yet. Just fold a piece of paper up and slide the money between the folds.

+1
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry too much, your cash will most likely be fine. I can definitely add my name to the list here, I've sent cash straight up first class with two stamps wrapped only in a letter many times, and never lost an order.
Wilhelm

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:43 am    Post subject: Re: Dumbass me... mailing money USPS. Please help. Reply with quote

adrian5118 wrote:
So today I mailed (to a domestic USA address) $45 of cash in a letter hidden between two sheets of paper, and I just used a regular letter + stamp. Somehow I totally forgot to use any extra security measure such as Delivery Confirmation or Certified Mail. What the fuck.

So I'm curious to here your guys' stories on the subject, and I'm hoping American post will handle this and not steal it, but I feel like I'm fucked. Advice?

Mad Exclamation

Your money will most likely arrive, but I wouldn't take this risk again. ALWAYS send cash, especially this ammount, with delivery confirmation and registration if possible. Sending a money order and filling in the persons name and address in the "too" line with the words "SEE ID" is also a safe(r) alternative to cash.

Don't take stupid fucking risks. We need to have a thread about packing tips like pronto.

Idea

Go brush your doll's hair.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: